HiFiMAN RE-262 Review
Oct 19, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #31 of 43

Quote:
Hey mark2410,
So how does the RE262 compare to the IE7? Both of us share a fondness for the IE7.
And do you know if the RE262 comes with the three year warranty like the 272 does?

no clue about the warrenty, its not something i tend to care about or pay attention to really.

as for the 262 v IE7 they both are similar in style.  the 7 is softer and a bit bigger in the bass.  the 262 doesnt have the open large feel as the 7 but in everthing else its just better.  the 262 is a little more fussy in fit and takes a min to settle itself but once its in its one of the best IEM's there is.  this does mean its a little more intimate and does want more attention paid to it than the IE7 with i think is one of the 7s strengths is that it doesnt mind and alows you to ignore it.  the 262 particularly in the mid range yearns to be listened to.

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #32 of 43
After reading some other reviews on the 262 yours just put it over the top and I'm now going to get a pair of these bad boys after Xmas.  My go to IEM at the moment is the TF10 and I think these will be just as good and even better in some cases after all the reviews I've read.  I think I'll still use the 10's for electronic music and the 262's for everything else though I'm chomping at the bit to here them with edm as well.  

Thanks again for the review it was very informal and really helped me make up my mind on purchasing these.

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #33 of 43
for 150$ these are really good - i miss my old pair

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #35 of 43
 DBA has more bass than the 262 and thats not much!!!   After discovering decent bass on the GR07 this RE262 has practically nonexistent bass and in my opinion its oh so sweet mids are missing the most important part of music, IMHO, and that's bass.   I tried every size tip that came with the 262, even cramming them in my ears and still "bass for a mouse!"  

(When my Mr. Hyde found out that my Dr.Jeckyll wrote this initial posting he edited it and put Dr. Jeckyll in a dark room with no music!)  Edited by Soundbear's Mr. Hyde

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #36 of 43
Come on Mark, I came to see your reviews as "tell it like it is" and lets be "blunt" but what happened?   Boring and "tiniest bit more" bass?   I wouldn't recommend this IEM to a Deaf Leppard!    Anyone think the DBA bass is light(despite all those esoteric analysts who claim the DBA bass is decent harping on correct "tip and fit"): the DBA has more bass than the 262 and thats not much!!!   After discovering decent bass on the GR07 this RE262 has practically nonexistent bass and in my opinion its oh so sweet mids are missing the most important part of music, IMHO, and that's bass.   I tried every size tip, even cramming them in my ears and still "bass for a mouse!"   

If you hear less bass in RE262 than DBA-02, I'll suspect you are not powering RE262 properly assuming it really isn't a fit issue. I just listened to both and can clearly tell RE262 having more bass.

Apr 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #37 of 43
OK, I stand corrected.   Bigger bass noted over the DBA's, yet half way to the GR07.  None of the tips that came with the 262 gave me the seal that I felt they had.   Just tried some Meelec tips (that fit my Sunrise Xcapes) pushed in very deep and now I hear and feel bass.   Guess I've been spoiled by my GR07's easy fit.   Mark, sorry for insulting you and sorry for insulting you DBA fellows.  Thanks Clieos for questioning the fit.
  So far, even with increased bass, I plan on using these for soft rock and light bass music, vocals, instrumentals and my GR07 for "the harder stuff".   I tried the 262's with just the 601, 601/UHA-4, and Studio V.  So far SQ and bass with the StudioV is winning, a more neutral sound than the 601.  The V seems to power them up nicely.    

Apr 7, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #38 of 43
Agree, the Studio-V handles the RE262 very well and sound wise I find it to be an excellent combo, of course very much depending on music preferences etc. Mark's review of the RE262  was IMO spot on and it is also still a favorite of mine and maybe because I don't believe that bass is the most important aspect of music!  

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #40 of 43
Quote:
A stupid question from me. Is it possible to wear it as regular earphone with the cable going straight down instead of behind your ear.

Yes, I wear RE272 that way.

Aug 3, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #42 of 43
It is designed for both ways of wearing it. Some find a deeper fit when worn over the ear.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #43 of 43
Great and entertaining review in spite of the typos: I actually auditioned the 262 and I like it more than its higher end brethren, the 272. I can get them for $150 in my country so I think I will take the plunge sooner or later for I am very interested in the VSONIC GR07 as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back