HiFiMAN RE-262 Review
Jan 10, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #16 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whether Hifiman will ever get the recognition they deserve for producing such a marvel of technology at such a price remains to be seen.  I suspect not, given their low profile outside of geeky forums such as this,  That's sad in a way, but then - similar to being into bands that nobody else has heard of - , this is a secret I love being able to share with fellow afficianados.  So much so that I take pride in pulling them out my pocket on crowded train platforms while all around me trail those telltale white leads from their ears.  The warm glow of the truly cognisant forging his way through herds of the ignorant lights my onward journey, and I make an inward prayer of gratitude to the Wonkaesque Fang and his magical iem factory.

Haha! Epic!
smile_phones.gif

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #19 of 43
Nice review mark.

But I differ on the sound stage part. The way I see it, it does not have the classic sound stage restricted within your ears, but rather an effortless sound space which is not 'walled' in any dimension.

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #20 of 43
http://www.avguide.com/review/hifiman-re-262-ear-headphone-playback-42

a nice review for the 262 - and a mention about the new re-272

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #21 of 43

Quote:
http://www.avguide.com/review/hifiman-re-262-ear-headphone-playback-42

a nice review for the 262 - and a mention about the new re-272

Great review! But $149? Seriously? I thought once they come out with the actual product it would sell for $200 at least

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #22 of 43
Where in the world are these things sold? I have never seen them anywhere but the FS section.

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #25 of 43
can anyone compare this to a monster MD?  The MD has the best mids I have personally heard so I'd be interested in a comparison.
thanks

Mar 10, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #26 of 43
I have both. The RE262s mids are even more forward than the MDs and have more clarity. What you'll miss is that lushness and body in the mids of the MDs. The bass and treble are very polite on the RE262s and the soundstage is deeper/bigger but I'll say the MDs have have a more natural soundstage. The 262s drivers are very fast for a dynamic it leaves the MDs easily behind but the MDs leave it behind in adding that extra body/coloration which makes it more fun and engaging specifically on mid to slower speed tracks.  

Mar 10, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #27 of 43

Quote:
I have both. The RE262s mids are even more forward than the MDs and have more clarity. What you'll miss is that lushness and body in the mids of the MDs. The bass and treble are very polite on the RE262s and the soundstage is deeper/bigger but I'll say the MDs have have a more natural soundstage. The 262s drivers are very fast for a dynamic it leaves the MDs easily behind but the MDs leave it behind in adding that extra body/coloration which makes it more fun and engaging specifically on mid to slower speed tracks.  

^  Spot on.  262 is the analytical MD for people that think the MD is too 'fun' or colored.

Mar 10, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #28 of 43
cool, thanks for the info
I'll remain happy with my MD's then :wink: 
prevents IEM envy

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #29 of 43

It sounds like a mistake on their part, the RE252s themselves are 200$
Great review! But $149? Seriously? I thought once they come out with the actual product it would sell for $200 at least

Oct 18, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #30 of 43
Hey mark2410,
So how does the RE262 compare to the IE7? Both of us share a fondness for the IE7.
And do you know if the RE262 comes with the three year warranty like the 272 does?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back