Hifiman HM-801 RMAA Tests
May 12, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #331 of 795
Lol, forget it guys. I'm just going to ganged up on like a wild Gazelle.
deadhorse.gif

May 12, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #334 of 795

Quote:

No offense but a statement like that coming from a sound engineer in training who owns dr dre phones, not to mention a hifiman 801 owner. Sounds a bit defensive to me, does it sound as good as your grace M902 *rolleyes*

It actually does which lead me to sell my Grace M902. I love the HiFiMAN, a portable Grace M902? What more could ya ask for?
beyersmile.png

May 12, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #340 of 795
This thread is filled with a bunch of people who need to justify the fact that they can't afford higher end equipment so they try to bash it, lol. Just came to say hi, now I'm gone. Later guys!

May 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #341 of 795

Quote:

It actually does which lead me to sell my Grace M902. I love the HiFiMAN, a portable Grace M902? What more could ya ask for?
beyersmile.png

Good to know I can knock another overpriced headphone amp off my list :p

Edit: Placebo is a wonderful thing isn’t it :p

May 12, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #343 of 795
Quote:
This thread is filled with a bunch of people who need to justify the fact that they can't afford higher end equipment so they try to bash it, lol. Just came to say hi, now I'm gone. Later guys!

It's a sin to not be able to afford an $800 portable player, I know. If the price went up to $1200 maybe the graphs would fix themselves?

I'm sorry, but justifying not only the quality of your audio by price but also judging the quality of this thread's argument by lack of disposable funds is ridiculous.

May 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #344 of 795

Quote:

Appeals to price tags are the last refuge of audio scoundrels.

May 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #345 of 795

Absolutely not. I don't mind doing it. But if I can't distinguish it, what does it prove?    

That it doesn't deserve the premature criticism.

And if I do a blind test, will you be willing to submit to a blind test on cables? Or are you a hypocrite?

None of both. I have performed a cable blind test in the past and am not planning to do another. This thread isn't about me or blind tests or cables. Nor did I state anything about the HiFiMan's sound (quality). You don't have to do the test (I have, BTW), you're absolutely free in your decision.

And if I do get it right, what does it prove? That the hifiman is inferior?

Do I really have to tell you? If one file sounds clearly inferior to you and it turns out it's the HiFiMan, you have a good chance to look like a winner.
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back