HiFiMAN HM-801 Portable Player / DAC Review: Part One of Two
Jul 21, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #377 of 625
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulsanman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why aren't you guys on the AMP3 posts which seems to me is a cheaper version of the Hi Fi man but it is there and I have it and its wonderful for $150!!

Link, please. Need to compare specs.

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #378 of 625
Jul 24, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #380 of 625
not from head-direct but from the dimensions I have seen headroom makes a really nice case to throw it in unless your talking about a silicon or physical case which is probably not needed considering the think is made from steel/aluminum

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #381 of 625
which case are you referring to?

Jul 26, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #384 of 625
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read somewhere that this can support up to 128GB of SDHCs (4 32GB SDHCs)?

This case has been discussed before and there will be no 128GB SDHC cards in the future
frown.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #387 of 625
its still on pre-order, at least it was last night when i ordered, hence its 'introductory' price.

i think there have been delays due to implementing a higher spec on the dac

yes, its rechargeable battery. Quote:

Originally Posted by Rofw03 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, is the HM-801 out yet - AUGUST as of this post??

And this is probably - no, DEFINITELY a moron question, BUT... the HM-801's battery IS rechargeable, correct?

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #388 of 625
which model should I get for a sa5000? I'm pretty sure it's 75 ohms, so would the low gain model be the correct choice? will I be able to order both amps and have the ability to swap them?
also, can someone give me the email or url to preorder one. sorry for the newb questions.

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #389 of 625
Quote:

Originally Posted by citywithoutmetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which model should I get for a sa5000? I'm pretty sure it's 75 ohms, so would the low gain model be the correct choice? will I be able to order both amps and have the ability to swap them?
also, can someone give me the email or url to preorder one. sorry for the newb questions.

Head-Direct.com | YUIN

Aug 7, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #390 of 625
Can we still expect a second part of this review ? I understand other stuff was happening in Jude's life and sympathise but this has been one hell of a delay. Is anyone else able to review it ? I would like to purchase at the discount price but would like some idea on what it sounds like.

I apologize if I seem insensitive and yes I realize he isn't getting paid for this review but couldn't even the manufacturer expect a better deal than this. I am sure he provided the product with the intention of a review generating posative demand.

Regards

macrog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back