HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)
Feb 7, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #22 of 673
wow this is gonna be the manmothgrandmother of all Hifiman threads....everyone n every can in the family.. lets start rolling...
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

My contribution..
try the microsuede AD2000pads on your hifiman cans for some intimacy...if u find that elusive. 

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #23 of 673
Subbed, will add pics of my HE-500 later if there aren't already a bunch :p

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #24 of 673
I got the same amp for my HE-4. I really like it so far.

Thanks! It's the Project Ember by Garage1217. I prefer my speaker amp with the HE-6 but the Ember actually does a pretty solid job. I think this is my best shot of the amp

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #25 of 673
Very happy owner of HE500  

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #27 of 673
Always good to show some love to a company that's been phenomenal, and perhaps unbeaten, at price vs performance.

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #28 of 673
OK, crappy pic of my 6 but bear with me, it's sitting at my other location, some 6600 km away.  Will post something decent once I get back there.  They're shown connected to my DV 337, on the right my V800/V200 stack.

Will this do to pick up my membership card?  Anyway, subscribed to the thread!

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #29 of 673
add me

Compass 384 -> HE500

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #30 of 673
Add me

I think i have owned most of the hifiman models until now..being the he300/400 and he500 (with modulor pads and jerg opengrill mod) and now this modded HE5.. And i love their phones deeply!
Here some pics of my very limited Referencesounds Code-X HE-5 #15 Black Edition, a heavily modded limited edition version of the woody HE5 (by the same person who gave us the paradox) of which only 20 originals will be made worldwide..and my particular model is unique among those 20 original made code-x'es.. The wood has a unique black dye and is finished with real beewax (like in the old days)instead of regular wood oil...it looks like its made in the days when the english still were pirates on the high sees..i by a joke told him i wanted an old look..as if it was made a long time ago..and OMG..he just did that! hehehe
. I just got them in a couple of weeks ago..they are NOS.. Not used original HE5..they sound wonderfull! Am now waiting for my custommade amp to arrive to drive this black beauty.
And dont forget..orginally this headphone was a completely brown woody..now its a black woody....and as far i know its the only one in existence thats made by him orginally as new. Enjoy...as soon i have new pics of my amp i will include them..good idea starting a club for higher end hifiman phones :wink:
The headphone cable is a custommade balanced Toxic Cables BW 22awg 8wire cable with seperated sleeved cables for left and right channel..the amp will be a Custommade Blue Circle Audio headphoneamp specifically designed and built to drive a HE6..hope to receive it end of february. :p

Those are some damn fine lookin cables you've got there!

I've got a really nice interconnects using those carbon fiber rhodium plugs by valab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back