Hifiman HE6-SE
Feb 15, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #2,776 of 3,887
Just got a NIB pair from Hifiman store! I'm psyched!

Somebody said the mids are great with these. Yes they are!

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #2,777 of 3,887
Do yourselves a favour and upgrade the stock cable if you haven’t already. 4 x 22awg SPC here from a local Australian cable manufacturer has opened the detail and added low end weight, and apparently the amount of current arriving at the drivers. I’ve never been a cable believer and have never ‘heard’ a cable make a difference until now. Definitely a meatier, less lean presentation with more low end and increased details and imaging.

Attachments

• AC3E7C41-31FC-4895-888C-B51941D79BFD.jpeg
    AC3E7C41-31FC-4895-888C-B51941D79BFD.jpeg
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #2,778 of 3,887
It looks like a recycled catheter had a love child with a piece of wet noodle. I wouldn't be surprised if any real piece of wire sounded better :frowning2:

Feb 15, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #2,780 of 3,887
Just got a NIB pair from Hifiman store! I'm psyched!

Somebody said the mids are great with these. Yes they are!
I’ve been debating getting these from Hifiman directly. There’s a lot of recent complaints about the Adorama ones having stuck drivers. The Hifiman are “open box”, but are supposedly tested. So one would think there’s less QC issues if ordering directly from Hifiman.

Feb 15, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #2,781 of 3,887
I’ve been debating getting these from Hifiman directly. There’s a lot of recent complaints about the Adorama ones having stuck drivers. The Hifiman are “open box”, but are supposedly tested. So one would think there’s less QC issues if ordering directly from Hifiman.
The Hifiman "open box" I got was a completely new Adorama box.

3 boxes: outer shipping box, inner protective box, and Adorama product box. Two Chinese language "Insurance seals" were intact, two clear seals on the Adorama box were intact. The Protective box (2nd box) had serial number and production date stickers (December 2021). The product box was wrapped in bubble wrap and had a Hifiman warranty card.

To me what I got was absolutely a factory new, sealed set of headphones. Tested out this afternoon and sound great, absolutely no issues.

I have read several posts here and on Reddit that Hifiman "open box" are often new and I'm glad to say that's my experience of one sample also. It could vary by region, in Europe unless you shop at scamazon most people don't return 90% of what they buy. Hifiman told me they were shipping from their warehouse in Poland, but this shipped from Germany...so I think nobody really knows what they're selling :D

If you're in NY, can't you go to Adorama and pick out a good pair?

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #2,782 of 3,887

Just reverse CPR them off and enjoy. Stuck drivers are easy to fix. Myself and another guy have done it a few pages back.

Feb 15, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #2,783 of 3,887
It looks like a recycled catheter had a love child with a piece of wet noodle. I wouldn't be surprised if any real piece of wire sounded better :frowning2:
Its problem is bad look, sound wise it's actually quite nice (just like any other cable)
Not sure if this price makes any sense at all though.

Feb 15, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #2,784 of 3,887
Its problem is bad look, sound wise it's actually quite nice (just like any other cable)
Not sure if this price makes any sense at all though.
HiFiMAN pulls prices out of thin air.

Feb 15, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #2,789 of 3,887
HiFiMAN pulls prices out of thin air.
I thought it was from where the sun don' shine...

- a satisfied owner of 5 HFM cans. Drivers ARE great, cables, head gear. - not very good.

Feb 15, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #2,790 of 3,887
As I was discussing today with a fellow head-fier who pointed me to the $609 deal for European users. Those that bought the HE6se at $1899 must feel quite robbed.
Actually I am not sure that they are identical. Here is US, the $549 (before tax) is Adorama version HE6SE V2. HE6 OG is significantly better than both version of SE. The lower price also may reflect the QC issue of that batch. Even if you are lucky and don't care about the hassle to deal with the return/warranty, you still have to invest a lot more to get the full potential of HE6SE. I already paid $887 for AMP just for this headphone, possibly another $600+ to upgrade my DAC. As an alternative, I can use the fund to buy an equally great but easier to drive headphone with my current DAC/AMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back