Hifiman HE6-SE
Feb 11, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #2,746 of 3,876
Is the crinkling present when just wearing them? Please beware that they are sealed and pressing the cups against your ears is bad for the driver, as it is with most planars, especially soft diaphragms like the HE6s and Susvara.

I’ve owned 4 pairs of HE6SE and never experience crinkle when just wearing then normally. But one of them had the driver stuck to the magnets, what I recommend to do is take pictures of the driver when you receive the HE6SE. And tell customer service, HIFIMAN are one of the best at customer service and they will replace them if they are still under warranty.

I fixed my set that had driver stuck to the magnets by gently inhale air on the opposite side of the magnets.

Feb 11, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #2,748 of 3,876
Is the crinkling present when just wearing them? Please beware that they are sealed and pressing the cups against your ears is bad for the driver, as it is with most planars, especially soft diaphragms like the HE6s and Susvara.

I’ve owned 4 pairs of HE6SE and never experience crinkle when just wearing then normally. But one of them had the driver stuck to the magnets, what I recommend to do is take pictures of the driver when you receive the HE6SE. And tell customer service, HIFIMAN are one of the best at customer service and they will replace them if they are still under warranty.

I fixed my set that had driver stuck to the magnets by gently inhale air on the opposite side of the magnets.

Yes me too, reverse CPR saved mine as well pulling the driver off the outer magnets.

Feb 11, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #2,749 of 3,876
Yes me too, reverse CPR saved mine as well pulling the driver off the outer magnets.
Reverse CRP???!

Do you mean that I… have been doing it…… wrong… bOTH times :O

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #2,750 of 3,876
Feb 11, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #2,751 of 3,876
Feb 11, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #2,752 of 3,876
Reverse CRP???!

Do you mean that I… have been doing it…… wrong… bOTH times :O
I think we did the same thing, you said “gently inhale air on the opposite side of the magnets” so I understand that to mean if the driver is stuck to the outer magnets then seal the ear pad around your mouth and gently inhale to pull it off the magnets. That’s what I did too.
Reverse CPR? Soooooo RCP? :dt880smile:
Hahaha yes. Crazy I know. But it works.

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #2,753 of 3,876
If this "stuck drivers" issue is that easy to fix, there are some deals to be found on broken units on eBay!

Surely if we're willing to put up with the bull required to properly amp these things, what's a little reverse CPR between friends?

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #2,755 of 3,876
Doesn't the membrane stretch out/deform a bit making it more prone to happen again?
I've sent 2 of these bastards back already.
Might want to invest in a bellows :wink:

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #2,756 of 3,876
Doesn't the membrane stretch out/deform a bit making it more prone to happen again?
Nah you’re not stretching a Mylar driver. It can travel far enough to hit the magnets and if it does it sticks. Just pop it back off and keep going imo. These things are tough I wouldn’t sweat it.

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #2,757 of 3,876
Might want to invest in a bellows :wink:
The final HE-6SEv2 mod involves having bellows built into the earcups so you can fix the drivers without even taking the headphones off!

Feb 11, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #2,758 of 3,876
If you take pictures of the driver sticking to the magnets and later blow them, you can blame that the “faulty” stuck driver was the issue to HIFIMAN customer support. My friend did that and got a replacement without questions, plus you save the environment

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #2,760 of 3,876

Users who are viewing this thread

Back