Hifiman HE500 vs LFF Paradox's, best price to preformance?
Nov 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #151 of 169
Nice. 

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #152 of 169
Quote:
the Paradox is sonically superior to the HE500 musically and in every technical aspect, noting that I still consider the HE500 to be an excellent headphone.

This may be correct.  Not by much though.  Also, more musical and a more enjoyable listen is to ones taste certainly.  I for one would reach for the HE-500s, Mad Dogs - before the Paradox for a more enjoyable session.  I would reach for the Paradox for more of a critical listing session..

Nov 29, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #153 of 169
This may be correct.  Not by much though.  Also, more musical and a more enjoyable listen is to ones taste certainly.  I for one would reach for the HE-500s, Mad Dogs - before the Paradox for a more enjoyable session.  I would reach for the Paradox for more of a critical listing session..

Hows the mad dog more funsounding than the paradox? Because it has more bass?

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #154 of 169
Quote:

Today a coworker said almost exactly the same thing that you said, but it was his apple earbuds vs an HE-500 I have on loan. He told me the HE-500 are too critical and clean, he prefers how his earbuds smudge the sound for him. Can only imagine what he would say about the Paradox.

Meanwhile, here you have me and another buddy of mine SERIOUSLY considering buying a Paradox by the end of this year...

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #155 of 169
Today a coworker said almost exactly the same thing that you said, but it was his apple earbuds vs an HE-500 I have on loan. He told me the HE-500 are too critical and clean, he prefers how his earbuds smudge the sound for him. Can only imagine what he would say about the Paradox.

Meanwhile, here you have me and another buddy of mine SERIOUSLY considering buying a Paradox by the end of this year...

SERIOUSLY... Are they that good compared to the he500?

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #156 of 169
Quote:
SERIOUSLY... Are they that good compared to the he500?

To me, the Paradox are better than the HE500. The fact that they are closed is icing on the cake, and make them the best closed headphone I know.

You really can't judge the Paradox based on Mad Dogs or stock T50RPs. I've heard the stock T50RPs and I preferred my happy-fi KSC-75s.

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #157 of 169
I'm going for the paradoxes, thank you everyone for you inputs, both subjective and objective were heavily appreciated, the neutrality just won me over, plus I dislike dark headphones. Again I thank you.

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #158 of 169
I'm going for the paradoxes, thank you everyone for you inputs, both subjective and objective were heavily appreciated, the neutrality just won me over, plus I dislike dark headphones. Again I thank you.

Then all we can say..have fun with ur paradoxes when u have them

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #159 of 169
Quote:

An excellent choice
beerchug.gif

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #160 of 169
To each is own.  As Purin said, the Paradox is (I'm guessing he's going by measurements) technically better than the 500s.  However, if that floats your boat cool.  For me I want a headphone that I enjoy listening to.  So at some point the technical stuff goes out the window.  I will reach for the more fun sounding headphone all the time.  

You have to choose what's good for you.

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #161 of 169
Quote:
To each is own.  As Purin said, the Paradox is (I'm guessing he's going by measurements) technically better than the 500s.  However, if that floats your boat cool.  For me I want a headphone that I enjoy listing to.

You should really sit upright when you're listening.

biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #163 of 169
Quote:
To each is own.  As Purin said, the Paradox is (I'm guessing he's going by measurements) technically better than the 500s.  However, if that floats your boat cool.  For me I want a headphone that I enjoy listening to.  So at some point the technical stuff goes out the window.  I will reach for the more fun sounding headphone all the time.  

You have to choose what's good for you.

Not sure how Purrins post reads to you, but to me it read as if he was going by ears in his comment, not measurements.

I also was not talking about measurements, the Paradox just sounds more neutral and I like that... You agreed that it sounds more neutral, but you said moar bass floats your boat. And I think that is great.

Quote:

biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #164 of 169

:D

Oops..now i know why i always fall asleep with my he500's on..i listen to them while laying on the comfy couch :D

Feb 2, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #165 of 169
My Paradoxes arrived today. I'm swapping between my HE-500's, my JH-13's, and the Paradoxes. So far, I hear more similarities than differences between the three. This means the Paradox is a fantastic value. The Paradox is sounding more airy and full than the HE-500s. The sound would make me think the Paradoxes were the open can, and not the other way around. I might decide I like them more, but I want to give it many hours before commenting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back