1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiFiMan HE4XX

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ProtegeManiac, Aug 2, 2017.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. Jodet
    Just got mine, very impressed. VERY comfortable. The cable is what you'd expect for an under two hundred dollar headphone. Any suggestions on a replacement? I went to best in the verse cables but they're so back-ordered they're not taking new orders.

2. mtmercer
    I have a balanced cable from Periapt Cables and I like it for at home desktop use. There website is periaptcables.com. There cables pretty thick cables but very reasonably priced. I also have a Periapt Balanced cable for my HD650s which I use and like as well.

3. strawed
    I'm very happy with the custom cables from Venture Electronics at veclan.com. Amazing value imho. They're based in China, but the turnaround isn't bad with ePacket shipping to the US (10-14 days for me).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  4. swmtnbiker
    Mine came yesterday, and it sounds like I have a rattle in the right driver on low bass frequencies. Sigh. Back it goes to Massdrop!!! :triportsad:

5. Cruelhand Luke
    you don't want to check to see if maybe a screw is loose and you could just fix it easily?

6. swmtnbiker
    Already have.

7. Cruelhand Luke
    and? what's rattling? I'm not busting your chops, just curious since I am considering these

8. swmtnbiker
    As I mentioned in my initial post, it sounds like the driver membrane. It only happens on the lowest bass notes but it's definitely there. Once you hear it you cannot UNHEAR it. I don't listen loud. Probably just a manufacturing defect. It happens.

9. redrich2000
    How are they to drive? Anyone using a Valhalla 2?

10. heliosphann
    Yea, I had this happen to a pair of HEX v2's.

11. wwmhf
    I tried my pair on a Valhalla 2, not impressed. I like them better on a Gustard H10.

12. dgindlespergerd
    will try next week, I run my HE-400 on the Valhalla 2 and love it.

13. jaco61
    ... I could not resist to order one....will be my first planar. I am curious a lot... but have to wait some time ... its on the way to europe.

14. redrich2000
    MMMMMM, love that new headphone smell... Got mine this morning. Been back and forthing between Valhalla 2 and Burson Solist SL 2. I expected to prefer the Burson for these, it puts 2.5w into 16 ohm, so around 1-2w into these, verse the Valh2 doing around 150mw. Valh2 just has more space, clarity and detail. I wonder how they'd sound with a Lyr2...

jaco61 likes this.
  15. RoMee Contributor
    Got mine a few days ago, so far they're almost perfect when it comes to my prefered sound signature. Just need a tab more bass, but this is a keeper for sure.

SirMarc and jaco61 like this.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last