HiFiMan HE4XX
Dec 9, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #181 of 1,381
Just got mine, very impressed. VERY comfortable. The cable is what you'd expect for an under two hundred dollar headphone. Any suggestions on a replacement? I went to best in the verse cables but they're so back-ordered they're not taking new orders.

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #182 of 1,381
Just got mine, very impressed. VERY comfortable. The cable is what you'd expect for an under two hundred dollar headphone. Any suggestions on a replacement? I went to best in the verse cables but they're so back-ordered they're not taking new orders.

I have a balanced cable from Periapt Cables and I like it for at home desktop use. There website is periaptcables.com. There cables pretty thick cables but very reasonably priced. I also have a Periapt Balanced cable for my HD650s which I use and like as well.

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #185 of 1,381
Mine came yesterday, and it sounds like I have a rattle in the right driver on low bass frequencies. Sigh. Back it goes to Massdrop!!! :triportsad:
you don't want to check to see if maybe a screw is loose and you could just fix it easily?

Dec 9, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #187 of 1,381
Dec 9, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #188 of 1,381
and? what's rattling? I'm not busting your chops, just curious since I am considering these

As I mentioned in my initial post, it sounds like the driver membrane. It only happens on the lowest bass notes but it's definitely there. Once you hear it you cannot UNHEAR it. I don't listen loud. Probably just a manufacturing defect. It happens.

Dec 9, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #190 of 1,381
As I mentioned in my initial post, it sounds like the driver membrane. It only happens on the lowest bass notes but it's definitely there. Once you hear it you cannot UNHEAR it. I don't listen loud. Probably just a manufacturing defect. It happens.

Yea, I had this happen to a pair of HEX v2's.

Dec 10, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #193 of 1,381
... I could not resist to order one....will be my first planar. I am curious a lot... but have to wait some time ... its on the way to europe.

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #194 of 1,381
MMMMMM, love that new headphone smell... Got mine this morning. Been back and forthing between Valhalla 2 and Burson Solist SL 2. I expected to prefer the Burson for these, it puts 2.5w into 16 ohm, so around 1-2w into these, verse the Valh2 doing around 150mw. Valh2 just has more space, clarity and detail. I wonder how they'd sound with a Lyr2...

Dec 11, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #195 of 1,381
Got mine a few days ago, so far they're almost perfect when it comes to my prefered sound signature. Just need a tab more bass, but this is a keeper for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back