Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 4, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #14,297 of 14,653
Mar 4, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #14,298 of 14,653
I have the Hifiman Arya Organic and was considering selling to get the HE 1000v2 Stealth.
I would like a little less bass.
From what I understand the Stealth would do just that. Does anyone have both and confirm that?
Ive heard AO and own HeK and yeah that sounds right. Slightly less bass but better controlled bass as well- no bloat.

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #14,299 of 14,653
Without putting price into the equation and assuming that the Amps are being fed by the same DAC (be it Qutest or Ares II), which of the amps below would bring the best of the HE1000 Stealth to the table:

Violectric V222 or Schiit Lyr+.

Has anyone tested these possibilities on the HEK Stealth?
Go violectric. The Lyr+ is great if you have the right tubes, often they cost and has limited life (tubes get burnt). Plus Lyr is SE output only, no XLR.

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #14,300 of 14,653
Go violectric. The Lyr+ is great if you have the right tubes, often they cost and has limited life (tubes get burnt). Plus Lyr is SE output only, no XLR.
Shouldn't the recommendation be MJ3?

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #14,301 of 14,653
I have the Hifiman Arya Organic and was considering selling to get the HE 1000v2 Stealth.
I would like a little less bass.
From what I understand the Stealth would do just that. Does anyone have both and confirm that?
I was torn between the two but just bought the HE1000 Stealth (AKA HEKS). I watched and read every comparison online and came away with the feeling that the HEKS are better, but not by a large amount. The price is so similar that it made sense to spend the little bit extra but from what I read/watched, I wouldn't have thought it worth upgrading from Organic to HEKS. Can you audition them together or buy with a 30 day return period?

However, if bass is your only problem it'd be easier and a lot cheaper to just EQ it down. On a PC check out Peace+APO which is free and very good, and there are a few good Android EQ apps (I use the one by japp.io). Sorry, I don't do Apple.

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #14,302 of 14,653
Ive heard AO and own HeK and yeah that sounds right. Slightly less bass but better controlled bass as well- no bloat.
Sounds like I made the right choice. :) Thanks.

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #14,303 of 14,653
Shouldn't the recommendation be MJ3?
Check out Devilboy's post from the previous page when asked if he'd got his:
Yes, I did. I also returned it within my 15 day trial period.
It made my Stealth ever so slightly slow sounding. I know the speed this headphone is capable of and I simply wasn't getting it with the MJ3. Also, sometimes it was slightly shrill and bright. Not too much but I noticed it was there.

I've since moved to an Audio GD Master 19 and I'm very happy. Extremely transparent and clean with tons of inner detail and it makes the Stealth start and stop on a dime.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #14,304 of 14,653
Thanks for answering!!
I got the V222.
I really can't stop listening to this combination: Qutest + V222 + HEK Stealth. Amazing!!

I thought about selling the Lyr+, but decided to keep it also just for classical music and live performances listening on the HD800s. I found it a little more open to this type of music.

But for everything else: Violectric V222. Very good amplifier!!
The bass with the Focal Clear OG is incredible!!

Attachments

• IMG_0682.jpeg
    IMG_0682.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 9, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #14,306 of 14,653
I’m too looking forward to any feedback of the two new specific pads from ZMF!
i too wonder how it sound between the two pads i want to try. I read the pads add some more punchy bass.

Mar 9, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #14,309 of 14,653
Haven't yet, but plan to; or I did until I saw the ZMF pads. I want the best bass enhancing pads that don't lose any detail or even air up top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back