Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 10, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #14,311 of 14,673
Thanks for answering!!
I got the V222.
I really can't stop listening to this combination: Qutest + V222 + HEK Stealth. Amazing!!

I thought about selling the Lyr+, but decided to keep it also just for classical music and live performances listening on the HD800s. I found it a little more open to this type of music.

But for everything else: Violectric V222. Very good amplifier!!
The bass with the Focal Clear OG is incredible!!
If you want bass and mids similar to the MJ3 just get the Psvane Mark II CV181T tube for the Lyr+. It sounds much better than the tungsol and the bass is tighter and faster. You just won’t have the timbre that the MJ3 has which you didn’t seem to like anyway.

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #14,312 of 14,673
Also waiting for someone to actually compare the new zmf pads vs stock.
Zack’s video only compared on the XS

After watching that and seeing the results on the Susvara I'm pretty interested in the mesh version. Need to see that Squig on a He1000Stealth, though.

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:42 AM Post #14,313 of 14,673
If you want bass and mids similar to the MJ3 just get the Psvane Mark II CV181T tube for the Lyr+. It sounds much better than the tungsol and the bass is tighter and faster. You just won’t have the timbre that the MJ3 has which you didn’t seem to like anyway.
damn those look like a very fine value indeed. Mullard Ecc32 clones. Those beefy shouldered tubes always have such a pretty tonality to me.
I've considered getting a Lyr+ at some point already. Won't be anytime soon bc I'm tapped, but, when I do I'm going to remember these tubes.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #14,314 of 14,673
damn those look lie a very fine value indeed. Mullard Ecc32 clones. Those beefy shouldered tubes always have such a pretty tonality to me.
I've considered getting a Lyr+ at some point already. Won't be anytime soon bc I'm tapped, but, when I do I'm going to remember these tubes.
Ironically I found these tubes because Apos was advertising their Ray reserve. After everyone realized they were the same as the Psvane, the Psvane tube prices shot up like crazy. Even aliexpress who had it for 45 usd is now 170 usd.

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:47 AM Post #14,315 of 14,673
Thanks for the tip!!
I think this is what I'm already using. I'm just not sure if it's markII.
The ad description said “PSVANE CV181-TII”.

I confess that after a few days, Lyr+ has gained more usage time. I think I adapted more to the sound it presents.
Good thing I kept it next to the V222.
HEK Stealth will get more time with it as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0768.jpeg
    IMG_0768.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0769.jpeg
    IMG_0769.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 0
Mar 10, 2024 at 7:08 AM Post #14,316 of 14,673
Since we're talking about it: One tube, two channels - what does the tube do? I've often wondered.

Mar 10, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #14,317 of 14,673
Thanks for the tip!!

I confess that after a few days, Lyr+ has gained more usage time. I think I adapted more to the sound it presents.
Is that Lyr+ just single ended output?
I'll be getting a tube amp for my Atrium closed, current target is Cayin HA-3A
Hope to find a tube to complement the V222

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #14,318 of 14,673
Yes!! This is Lyr+. It’s only single ended output.

Mar 10, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #14,319 of 14,673
I'll probably be ordering some zmf pads as well.

My current favorites are the dekoni elite hybrid pads. They bring up the mids about 2 db and bring down the upper mids and treble a few db as well. Vocal sound so much more natural and cymbals are less splashy. Wondering if any of you guys have tried them?graph (2).png
Also waiting for someone to actually compare the new zmf pads vs stock.
Zack’s video only compared on the XS

Haven't yet, but plan to; or I did until I saw the ZMF pads. I want the best bass enhancing pads that don't lose any detail or even air up top.
Actually he did reply in he1000se thread that the ZMF pad add more bass thump with the he1000se but he didnt comment whether the upper area is affected or not. Actually my Dekoni hybrid pad is on the way maybe next week i will receive it.

Mar 10, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #14,320 of 14,673
Actually he did reply in he1000se thread that the ZMF pad add more bass thump with the he1000se but he didnt comment whether the upper area is affected or not. Actually my Dekoni hybrid pad is on the way maybe next week i will receive it.
The dekoni fenestrated sheepskin is a great upgrade for hek models (I have stealth). Interested in ZMFs at some stage but very happy with dekoni.

Mar 10, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #14,321 of 14,673
Thanks for the tip!!

Yup that’s the Mark II. I use it on extra sensitive headphones or bad recordings with upper frequency hiss. It mellows out the top when I use it by itself or preamp it to my amp. Sometimes the MJ3 can be too resolving.

Mar 10, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #14,322 of 14,673
Yup that’s the Mark II. I use it on extra sensitive headphones or bad recordings with upper frequency hiss. It mellows out the top when I use it by itself or preamp it to my amp. Sometimes the MJ3 can be too resolving.
Excellent!! Thanks for the tip!! I have a good tube then. HEK Stealth is sounding better every day on Lyr+ too. I alternate between Lyr+ and V222. I think it will depend on the recording and style of the song. But, HEK Stealth is great at either.

Mar 14, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #14,323 of 14,673
Oh, MAN< guys. Yggy + Mentor makes the HeK sing like never before!

day1d.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #14,324 of 14,673
Oh, MAN< guys. Yggy + Mentor makes the HeK sing like never before!

day1d.jpg
What makes the Yggy so good? I've heard all about it and may have a chance to get a 2nd hand one this year sometime - people do rave about it.
My current is Geshelli J2S with Sparkos op amps and dual 4499ex/4191 chips which I love.

Mar 14, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #14,325 of 14,673
What makes the Yggy so good? I've heard all about it and may have a chance to get a 2nd hand one this year sometime - people do rave about it.
My current is Geshelli J2S with Sparkos op amps and dual 4499ex/4191 chips which I love.
It's basically an R2R DAC on a chip, and close to real bit perfect. It just sounds more detailed with no harshness and is very smooth.

That said, you have excellent delta sigma DACs. But, delta sigma and R2R sound different. It's a different flavor so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back