Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 2, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #14,281 of 14,701
@Simon Patten Ya got me on the SUPRA Excalibur USB lol. It's gorgeous. Ordered a 2M one immediately.
image_2024-03-02_205703191.png

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #14,282 of 14,701
Has anyone tried the new ZMF lambskin pads on their V2s? For me the lambskin pads on the 800S were a success, I wonder if they are the same for the V2s.

Mar 3, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #14,283 of 14,701
@Simon Patten Ya got me on the SUPRA Excalibur USB lol. It's gorgeous. Ordered a 2M one immediately. image_2024-03-02_205703191.png
Well done, I have not tried the Excalibur, I have the standard version & it is very good, I am a little sceptical about USB cables but it was definitely better than the Audioquest cable I had previously & much cheaper, the top end is smoother but very clear. Hope you enjoy it.

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #14,284 of 14,701
Well done, I have not tried the Excalibur, I have the standard version & it is very good, I am a little sceptical about USB cables but it was definitely better than the Audioquest cable I had previously & much cheaper, the top end is smoother but very clear. Hope you enjoy it.
After seeing Passion For Sound's USB test there is something to it. Im not one to overspend on interconnects, but, for $100 bucks I'll give it a go.

Mar 3, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #14,286 of 14,701
I also saw this, it was interesting. I think Supra does well made cables at sensible prices.
He knows his crap I can tell you. He gets canned by people who don't subscribe to cable difference (and there's nothing wrong with that) and they get SOOOOO nasty. I honestly think cables do make a difference, some great, some little, some not at all.

Mar 3, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #14,288 of 14,701
He knows his crap I can tell you. He gets canned by people who don't subscribe to cable difference (and there's nothing wrong with that) and they get SOOOOO nasty. I honestly think cables do make a difference, some great, some little, some not at all.
kind of hard to argue with his method and results in that video.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #14,290 of 14,701
The whole story of He1000 Stealth is odd. Began it's life as a $2999 pair of cans. Man, it's just an exceptional value.
And K9 Pro serves up all the details these things crave. The treble is insanely good; almost Staxx-like. Bass , sub bass, all of it is great.

Just to get you even more amp'd up :beyersmile:
May I ask how you're liking the Flux Mentor/Stealth combo? I'm considering this.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #14,291 of 14,701
You get your Schiit yet, DB?
Yes, I did. I also returned it within my 15 day trial period.
It made my Stealth ever so slightly slow sounding. I know the speed this headphone is capable of and I simply wasn't getting it with the MJ3. Also, sometimes it was slightly shrill and bright. Not too much but I noticed it was there.

I've since moved to an Audio GD Master 19 and I'm very happy. Extremely transparent and clean with tons of inner detail and it makes the Stealth start and stop on a dime.
Sorry for the delay in the response. For some reason I didn't see it until now.

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #14,292 of 14,701
Yes, I did. I also returned it within my 15 day trial period.
It made my Stealth ever so slightly slow sounding. I know the speed this headphone is capable of and I simply wasn't getting it with the MJ3. Also, sometimes it was slightly shrill and bright. Not too much but I noticed it was there.

I've since moved to an Audio GD Master 19 and I'm very happy. Extremely transparent and clean with tons of inner detail and it makes the Stealth start and stop on a dime.
Sorry for the delay in the response. For some reason I didn't see it until now.
Seems like the Audio GD19 is a damn fine amp; only heard good things.

When my Flux arrives I will certainly give my impressions.
I just updated the Sig line even though it's still in shipping (coming from Ukraine).

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #14,293 of 14,701
It certainly is a damn fine amp. I'm impressed.

Yeah, please let us know about your incoming Flux once you get it. Right now, it is the ONLY amplifier on my radar to possibly dethrone the Master 19.

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #14,294 of 14,701
It certainly is a damn fine amp. I'm impressed.

Yeah, please let us know about your incoming Flux once you get it. Right now, it is the ONLY amplifier on my radar to possibly dethrone the Master 19.
the fact that it has an upgrade path is quite intriguing to someone on a fixed budget like myself. I do think one will be plenty for the HeK tho.

Mar 3, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #14,295 of 14,701
the fact that it has an upgrade path is quite intriguing to someone on a fixed budget like myself. I do think one will be plenty for the HeK tho.
Hahaha, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back