Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Nov 12, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #13,606 of 14,748
Thanks for all the advice, price matching sounds like a good idea and I'll try reaching out to the retailers that were mentioned to see if they have any V2's in stock and are willing to price match or provide a discount. Hopefully get my hands on one sooner rather than later seeing as they seem to be in short supply nowadays in new condition.

Nov 13, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #13,607 of 14,748
Has anyone here bought their Hifimans off of AliExpress? Their 11/11 sale is currently ongoing but I wonder how good of an idea it would be to order from sellers on there. I was particularly looking at this listing for the HE1000v2. Any insight would be much appreciated.
I have no problem with AliExpress--but make sure that the seller are Authorized Dealers for HiFiMAN or HiFiMAN will not honor the warranty. First ask for the price match as mentioned--IF that's not a yes, ask if the seller on AliExpress is an AD.

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #13,608 of 14,748
Considering purchasing the stealth edition, alongside a Mojo 2 (with poly to be added down the line). I’ve read good reviews of this pairing but wondering if anyone has any thoughts to share on this please?

My thinking is that it’s portable, powerful enough to drive them and the EQ/filters allow me to tweak the sound depending on mood/genre.

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #13,609 of 14,748
Considering purchasing the stealth edition, alongside a Mojo 2 (with poly to be added down the line). I’ve read good reviews of this pairing but wondering if anyone has any thoughts to share on this please?

My thinking is that it’s portable, powerful enough to drive them and the EQ/filters allow me to tweak the sound depending on mood/genre.
It’s a good paring but I prefer using the Hifiman EF 400 with them. Sounds even more amazing paired with a stax amp!

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #13,610 of 14,748
It’s a good paring but I prefer using the Hifiman EF 400 with them. Sounds even more amazing paired with a stax amp!
They are amazing paired with my sparkos solid state AND my otc mcChanson tube amp-a wonderful pairing!!!!!

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #13,611 of 14,748

I really like the sound of my HEK v2 through the Mojo2. I believe that the Stealth is even more efficient than the v2.

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #13,612 of 14,748

Nov 13, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #13,613 of 14,748

Great review and I completely agree. IMO, this is the best value headphone on the planet at the moment. I have tried almost all totl hps and spent a week at home with Zmf calderas. I actually slightly preferred the stealths to the calderas (but if $$ were not an issue, I would buy calderas in a heartbeat to complement these). On my otc tube amp, the stealths just sing but the calderas were too mid-forward for my tastes. The calderas were beautiful on my sparkos ss though. I love the SEs too but actually preferred the little extra treble energy of the stealths, and they are much cheaper than the SEs. I hate sibilance but the stealths do treble brilliantly imo.

Nov 13, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #13,614 of 14,748
Great review and I completely agree. IMO, this is the best value headphone on the planet at the moment. I have tried almost all totl hps and spent a week at home with Zmf calderas. I actually slightly preferred the stealths to the calderas (but if $$ were not an issue, I would buy calderas in a heartbeat to complement these). On my otc tube amp, the stealths just sing but the calderas were too mid-forward for my tastes. The calderas were beautiful on my sparkos ss though. I love the SEs too but actually preferred the little extra treble energy of the stealths, and they are much cheaper than the SEs. I hate sibilance but the stealths do treble brilliantly imo.
I also agree. I've said before that Stealths are the best value on the headphone market today. So damn close to the Susvara at a fraction on the cost. I've seen them $1,200 brand new. This thing is so much fun to listen to, I simply don't know how to spend even double that price to get this enjoyment.

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #13,615 of 14,748
I also agree. I've said before that Stealths are the best value on the headphone market today. So damn close to the Susvara at a fraction on the cost. I've seen them $1,200 brand new. This thing is so much fun to listen to, I simply don't know how to spend even double that price to get this enjoyment.
I completely agree! Why spend 5000 on a headphone like the Susvara when you can get like 80 percent of what it offers on the he 1000 stealth’s

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #13,616 of 14,748
I completely agree! Why spend 5000 on a headphone like the Susvara when you can get like 80 percent of what it offers on the he 1000 stealth’s
Lol. Having owned the Susvara twice, I will honestly say the HEK V2 Stealth is 90-95% of the Susvara.

Nov 13, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #13,617 of 14,748
Lol. Having owned the Susvara twice, I will honestly say the HEK V2 Stealth is 90-95% of the Susvara.
Having also owned the susvara twice, I agree as well. The midrange and vocals might actually have more body than the susvara.

Nov 13, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #13,619 of 14,748
If the gap betweem hek stealth and susvara is that narrow, can I assume that hekse and hek stealth is even closer? I am debating infinitely between those two haha. 600$ difference is not minor but if the performance is not so different, why pay that much more?

Nov 13, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #13,620 of 14,748
If the gap betweem hek stealth and susvara is that narrow, can I assume that hekse and hek stealth is even closer? I am debating infinitely between those two haha. 600$ difference is not minor but if the performance is not so different, why pay that much more?
I compared both at addicted to audio in Melbourne for about an hour. I absolutely loved both but I couldn’t justify the extra $1000 aud for the SE when the stealths were (for me) 99% as good as the SEs, and in some ways better (extra treble energy gives more detail without harshness or sibilance). Ended up with the stealths-couldn’t be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back