Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Oct 14, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #9,601 of 14,653
Has anyone had the opportunity to compare the Lanzuli Reference to the Norne Silvergarde S2 with either the Utopias or HEK2?? They are close in price and cannot decide based on what I have read. I know I can order both and return the one I like less but always interested in what others have experienced. I can get an adapter made for the S2 for use with both. Also was curious if the wires in the Lanzuli are silver and in Litz configuration.
maybe you can try the toxic cables sw22 or hydra18 as alternative? I use the sw22 in balanced version..and it sounds stunning with my HEK..and they are hugely less expensive..lolz

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #9,602 of 14,653
I was at the Toronto TAVES show today and I did hear the Lanzuli with HE1000 V2's in A, B with the OEM cable. I liked the smooth presentation and full soundstage. I run Lavricables Master 20 cores for my Utopias and The Ultimate for the HE1000 V2's. Silver will get you a brighter top end and presentation. Unfortunately I didn't have my cable to do an A,B comparison. I do prefer the Silver to my Moon Audio Black Dragon V2's which are copper.
what about the

Yes those cables are much less costly than the Norne cables but wonder about build quality.

Oct 15, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #9,603 of 14,653
Is there a silver cable comparison listening review anywhere.

There are now so many offerings it's hard to choose and buying them all for comparison is not practical.

Norne Silvergarde S2
Lavricables Master 20
Lanzuli Reference
Etc etc

Oct 15, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #9,604 of 14,653
Yes those cables are much less costly than the Norne cables but wonder about build quality.
Build quality is excellent. I have the Lavricables Master Silver for both HE1000 and HD 800. In the case of the HE1000 it has replaced the (more expensive) Silver Dragon and offers even a bit more detail. I have considered the Danacables Lazuli as well, but wasn't willing to pay that much. I think the Master Silver is all I need (and way better than the original cable).

Oct 15, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #9,606 of 14,653
Did you get the silk sleeving? Any microphonics?
No, it's completely sleek (hence free from microphonics) and looks like something in a hospital – like here.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #9,607 of 14,653
No, it's completely sleek (hence free from microphonics) and looks like something in a hospital – like here.

I have multiple incarnations of Lavricables from Headphone Cables, XLR Cables and USB cables. I have never encountered microphonics. They have Teflon as a dielectric and it seems to be resistant. At least in my implementations. I have skipped the "jackets" as I'm less fond of the look. I'm also dubious if the jackets address microphonics in these iterations. The Lanzuli is a great cable and if I didn't already have a relationship with Lavricables, I would have considered it. The biggest drawback is the cost of the runs that I use at 4 meters for headphones.

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #9,608 of 14,653
Did anyone try the he1000 from the front jack of a Leben 300?
Didn't get if the headphone output is the same of the binding posts?
I would like to buy an amp and connect my second speaker setup and the headphone as well

Oct 29, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #9,609 of 14,653
Hey guys, I want to re-terminate my Forza Audio Works Noir Hybrid HPC, but, I can't find the correct 2.5mm connectors anywhere. Can someone who's made a custom cable point me in the right direction, please?

*Edit*
I've found mono plugs, but isn't the HE-1000 stereo 2.5mm?

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #9,614 of 14,653
Does anyone know how the old velour earpads affect the sound vs the new polyester earpads?
I got my hek v1 with the velour backed pads and they sounded fine..only after i got to use the new pads (polyester) i heard differences:
1. Low sounds more punchier
2. Sound a tiny bit roomier but also a tiny bit darker
3. Feels hotter on ur ears (more itchy then velours)

In total..difference is not night and day..and to hear it i think u need good gear to show it clearly...if ur on budget i woukd say..stick to velours and do a foam mod

..i did the foam mod..And that REALLY improved the sound experience though...and cheap to do it! Recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back