Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
May 1, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #3,361 of 14,798
Of course, you'll never know when something hits you. Then you will appreciate the importance of guarantee. The right driver if my M100 stopped working on the 11th month of ownership. So it was repaired under warranty. Had it happened couple of months after, then I will have to shoulder the cost of the repair...

May 1, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #3,362 of 14,798
Of course, you'll never know when something hits you. Then you will appreciate the importance of guarantee. The right driver if my M100 stopped working on the 11th month of ownership. So it was repaired under warranty. Had it happened couple of months after, then I will have to shoulder the cost of the repair...
I feel dizzy even having to argue this.

Imagine buying the he-1000, or better yet the 009's, and after 13 months they die. You'd be worried then mate.

I'm not asking for lifetime guarantees but 4-5 is pretty f'n reasonable.

May 1, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #3,363 of 14,798
Nobody is arguing with you. It would really suck to have my HE1K crap out 13 months after buying it. I would be mad as hell. I would love a 5 year warranty. I am just not willing to pass over this product solely because of the crap warranty.

May 1, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #3,364 of 14,798
I feel dizzy even having to argue this.

Imagine buying the he-1000, or better yet the 009's, and after 13 months they die. You'd be worried then mate.

I'm not asking for lifetime guarantees but 4-5 is pretty f'n reasonable.

If the warranty isn't satisfactory for you, vote with your wallet and don't purchase the HE-1000s.

I wouldn't buy with a one year and HFM doesn't look to be changing the policy.

May 1, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #3,365 of 14,798
I think an extended warranty for the HE1000 is an absolute requirement, absolute!
I would not be happy with 1 year given HiFi Mans track record with reliability, an extended warranty would illustrate the manufacturers faith in its own abilities and materials as well as the assurance to the buyer that they have faith.

1 year = same old sxxt, keep your fingers crossed type of ownership, I would need more to enable me to buy without being worried about a failure of some sort, this is $3000 or £2000 (both ISH)

May 1, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #3,366 of 14,798
I think an extended warranty for the HE1000 is an absolute requirement, absolute!
I would not be happy with 1 year given HiFi Mans track record with reliability, an extended warranty would illustrate the manufacturers faith in its own abilities and materials as well as the assurance to the buyer that they have faith.

1 year = same old sxxt, keep your fingers crossed type of ownership, I would need more to enable me to buy without being worried about a failure of some sort, this is $3000 or £2000 (both ISH)

Are you going to buy them? Were you going to buy them, but now you will only by them if HiFiMAN offers a longer warranty?

May 1, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #3,367 of 14,798
Let me guess, you're just asking him, right?

More passive aggression.

Just say it how you want to mate.. That you're happy with what they're offering. That's cool with me, I guess.

How about this - we may or not buy them. But in th meantime campaign for a better warranty?

The guy before me hit the nail with force. If a company has faith in their product, they wouldn't offer a 12 month guarantee on arguably and soon to be considered, one of the best headphones in the world.

May 1, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #3,368 of 14,798
Let me guess, you're just asking him, right?

More passive aggression.

Just say it how you want to mate.. That you're happy with what they're offering. That's cool with me, I guess.

How about this - we may or not buy them. But in th meantime campaign for a better warranty?

The guy before me hit the nail with force. If a company has faith in their product, they wouldn't offer a 12 month guarantee on arguably and soon to be considered, one of the best headphones in the world.

I'm not being passive-aggressive. I am not sure where you are getting that from. I am genuinely interested if someone would stake their decision solely on the warranty. You need to calm down.

May 1, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #3,369 of 14,798
Yes you are. It's pretty clear how people feel, yet you continue to poke with - ''are you really not gonna buy them because of the warranty?.'' Type responses.

You're feigning surprisement to allow yourself to keep asking the same question over and over.

You have no reason to be surprised at this.

I'm surprised you're not agreeing with us more*

May 1, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #3,370 of 14,798
don't want to sidetrack this warranty discussion, but just as a fyi side-note: all four major credit card networks (via, mastercard, discover, and american express) add at least an additional year to your product's warranty. Does not cover refurbished or second-hand items. Requires an original receipt and documentation of the warranty policy. Does not cover normal wear & tear or accidental damage.

May 1, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #3,371 of 14,798
Good point money! I actually ended up using my visa to replace a $3000 TV that broke after the warranty had expired and the process was painless. So at least 2 years really

Users who are viewing this thread

Back