Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
May 1, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #3,377 of 14,626
  If it helps Stax SR009 only has 1 year warranty and many buy it without a warranty by buying it from japan.

I don't think most people care or think too much about the warranty when buying headphones. 

That's a really bad example set out by Stax for some disaster prone headphones. Talking from experience.
And buying from Japan is not without warranty - I had and did use the 1 year warranty with those.

May 1, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #3,379 of 14,626
I guess the only thing I've ever purchased where the warranty was a significant factor was a new car. and even then, it wasn't the deciding factor. since j happen to buy most of my audio gear used anyway, I guess warranties don't concern me all that much...but to each his/her own.

May 1, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #3,380 of 14,626
Guess we have to talk/argue about something until the HE 1000 is actually available, right?

May 1, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #3,381 of 14,626
Guess we have to talk/argue about something until the HE 1000 is actually available, right?

Lol. Well said. I figure I will be beguiled be these headphones, so I will have hock my soul lol. So whats the best parchment and ink to use. Should I use ink laced with unicorn horn ? And should the parchment be of cotton or some other substance ? Just joking:D.

May 1, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #3,382 of 14,626
You go down to the Crossroad, off course, understand the 1k can be had there in exchange for your soul!

(Been watching too much Supernatural...)

May 1, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #3,383 of 14,626
They could very well announce a longer warranty.  No point arguing over something that hasn't been announced.  
Abyss has a 1 year warranty but 3 years if you register it online... Not sure why they do that...

May 1, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #3,384 of 14,626
They could very well announce a longer warranty.  No point arguing over something that hasn't been announced.  
Abyss has a 1 year warranty but 3 years if you register it online... Not sure why they do that...

So they can own your cyber soul and its internet socio economic blue print/ pattern. All patterns can be replicated, resistance is profit for the corporations. And fluffing the corporations is also profit lol. Either way we are boned, best listen to the music, let it labotomize the rationality out of the body lol. Sorry I have Been reading to much Philip K. Dick books with some H.P Lovecraft on the side. :)

May 1, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #3,386 of 14,626
  don't want to sidetrack this warranty discussion, but just as a fyi side-note: all four major credit card networks (via, mastercard, discover, and american express) add at least an additional year to your product's warranty. Does not cover refurbished or second-hand items. Requires an original receipt and documentation of the warranty policy. Does not cover normal wear & tear or accidental damage.

Yep and you can always put them on your home insurance for prob. $10 a month if that really worries you. How often do r10's sell quickly at well over inflation? Pretty often when they do show up imo. No warranty, No way to repair if the driver breaks down and the driver is biodegradable. This happened to Mahler in the B.O.F. thread. I'm going to guess 3-$5k down the toilet and nothing he could do about it. He still kept buying and selling headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back