Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
May 1, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #3,331 of 14,685
I am not sure if my supplier wants me "outting" them because they have not officially started taking orders but it is listed for sale on Todd the Vinyl Junkie's website among others.

Edit: Sorry Tom Todd.

May 1, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #3,335 of 14,685
Just placed my Order on TTVJ !

Shipping to begin LATE MAY !

May 1, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #3,336 of 14,685
I am not sure if my supplier wants me "outting" them because they have not officially started taking orders but it is listed for sale on Tom the Vinyl Junkie's website among others.

Did you check with Todd's parents to see if they approved his name being changed to Tom? 
tongue.gif

May 1, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #3,338 of 14,685
Very interesting, Seems the list price is official, seems it's a month away from being offered commercially. So what is the beta about?

May 1, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #3,339 of 14,685
Very interesting, Seems the list price is official, seems it's a month away from being offered commercially. So what is the beta about?

I mentioned it on the beta thread, but that program is really an Early Adopter opportunity.  If these are going to publicly available for sale in May, there seems to be almost no chance that anything the "beta testers" report can be incorporated into the production headphone.  It's almost as if HFM is selling their prototypes and calling it a beta test.

May 1, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #3,342 of 14,685

I mentioned it on the beta thread, but that program is really an Early Adopter opportunity.  If these are going to publicly available for sale in May, there seems to be almost no chance that anything the "beta testers" report can be incorporated into the production headphone.  It's almost as if HFM is selling their prototypes and calling it a beta test.

I had read that earlier, but, until I actually saw the TTVJ offer, I thought maybe yes, maybe no. But now, I can't actually see what's Beta about it if the "testers" get it the same time as the general public.

May 1, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #3,344 of 14,685
I don't know about other "beta testers", my impression is that it was the same as the general warranty being offered when it was offered officially. But I didn't check, impulsively went in. We'll see how this all plays out.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back