Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 18, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #2,176 of 14,802
Flagship products are usually out of the reach of 'normal' (as such) buyers. They're intended to target another market.

Hence the sticker shock. Normal buyers still salivate and are interested in high end headphone news.

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #2,177 of 14,802
I respect Hifiman, but at $3000, I'm thinking SR-009. Or TOTL amp upgrade for my HD800.

Too bad, I was kind of hoping this would be competitive price-wise with the Audeze's.

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #2,178 of 14,802
Hence the sticker shock. Normal buyers still salivate and are interested in high end headphone news.

Indeed. Reading, researching and discussing is fun in itself. A proxy hobby to the actual hobby of enjoying music. More so to the audiophile than to the music lover though. The latter tends to read less and listen more :¬)

Edit: to clarify, I'm not saying that audiophiles are not music lovers. Rather, they tend to be more technically minded.

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #2,180 of 14,802
I've recently reserved myself an LAu, in plans to get an Abyss to go along with it later in the year. Then I see Jude's post on these new HE1K.....lol.

Very interesting to see some say they clearly beat the Abyss , especially seeing that these should cost $2500 less...

Does anyone have more detailed comparison between the two, and why they prefer one over the other? Im coming from an LCD3, and looking at the Abyss for their stellar bass.

Also, any word on when these HE1Ks are expected to go on sale?

I'm also interested in durability of Hifiman headphones, any driver failures reported?

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #2,182 of 14,802
  I respect Hifiman, but at $3000, I'm thinking SR-009. Or TOTL amp upgrade for my HD800.

Too bad, I was kind of hoping this would be competitive price-wise with the Audeze's.

It's not on the Audeze level tho; it's on the Stax and Abyss level.  Given the pricing of those brands, the HE-1000 is actually quite competitive with its closest competition.

Don't get me wrong, I was hoping it'd be cheaper too.  But I truly think it's worth the asking price.  Now whether I'd pay $3k for ANY headphone tho... that's the real question.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #2,183 of 14,802
The sounds is exceptional and I have my impressions done and ready as part of my column but may post them here soon. They are the best headphone  I have heard and I miss them dearly and cant wait to do the formal review.

I agree with you Frank.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 18, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #2,184 of 14,802
It's not on the Audeze level tho; it's on the Stax and Abyss level.  Given the pricing of those brands, the HE-1000 is actually quite competitive with its closest competition.

Don't get me wrong, I was hoping it'd be cheaper too.  But I truly think it's worth the asking price.  Now whether I'd pay $3k for ANY headphone tho... that's the real question.

The real question is which kidney should I sell to get these cans lol. I agree these cans are quite competitive for the niche market they are designed for.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #2,185 of 14,802
Here's my take.  My money is safely ensconced in my safe in case the itch becomes too much to bear, but I'll be watching from the sidelines with regard to the durability of the membrane and any other potential issues with the drivers.  A year will be my cutoff point.  If I like what I hear from the usual suspects, I'm in...but until then, I'm out.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #2,186 of 14,802
Here's my take.  My money is safely ensconced in my safe in case the itch becomes too much to bear, but I'll be watching from the sidelines with regard to the durability of the membrane and any other potential issues with the drivers.  A year will be my cutoff point.  If I like what I hear from the usual suspects, I'm in...but until then, I'm out.
+1 what he said, kick back and take the long view. And after a year of anticipation, I will have saved the money or sold a kidney:D.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #2,188 of 14,802

And who knows, in a year maybe they'll have announced the HE-7 with trickle-down tech at a more sane price.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #2,190 of 14,802
Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What is the HE-1000's price? The HiFiMAN HE-1000 is expected to be priced at $2999.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back