Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 8, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #1,321 of 14,685
From the impressions and my personal experiences, I'd say HiFiMAN's bass is a strong point overall and the HE-1000 has the best one yet.
It is different from the Audez'e bass, but what's better is very subjective IMO 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #1,322 of 14,685
  From the impressions and my personal experiences, I'd say HiFiMAN's bass is a strong point overall and the HE-1000 has the best one yet.
It is different from the Audez'e bass, but what's better is very subjective IMO 
smily_headphones1.gif

What amp/dac did you audition them with?

Feb 8, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #1,323 of 14,685

What amp/dac did you audition them with?

The HE-6 I had and the HE-560 I own. The HE-1000 from what I've read here... Did not have the pleasure to hear the 1K unfortunately... Sorry if it came off like that 
redface.gif

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #1,325 of 14,685

Well there's a consensus that you can't do a blind test with audio without most likely failing at distinguishing most differences.

But that's not why we're here...

Still, some did say that bass is not HE-1000's strong point as some other headphones hit harder and more expressively....

I'd have to disagree here with the some that say that bass is not the HE-1000's strong point. As I've said in my impressions of them earlier, the only headphone that I've heard which I think has even better bass than the HE-1000 is the Abyss.

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #1,326 of 14,685
Time will tell, I am sure HiFiman is monitoring these forums, hopefully we will see a finished product that hits the notes in all the right areas. 

June seems to be a reasonable time frame for general retail release.

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #1,327 of 14,685

I'd have to disagree here with the some that say that bass is not the HE-1000's strong point. As I've said in my impressions of them earlier, the only headphone that I've heard which I think has even better bass than the HE-1000 is the Abyss.

Sure, but as we know Hifiman if you compare HE-6 and LCD-3 as I understand it, they are similar in performance, although HE-6 costs a lot less ($800 less) and as I understand it they are very direct on price/performance ratio as in giving a lot more for your cash than the competitors.

I just thought that it would be awesome if it would have been the one ring to rule them all....

Feb 8, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #1,328 of 14,685

Sure, but as we know Hifiman if you compare HE-6 and LCD-3 as I understand it, they are similar in performance, although HE-6 costs a lot less ($800 less) and as I understand it they are very direct on price/performance ratio as in giving a lot more for your cash than the competitors.

I just thought that it would be awesome if it would have been the one ring to rule them all....

Oh, so you were referring to how Frank said that the HE-6's bass sounds like the HE-1000's?  It could be. Honestly, I haven't heard the HE-6 long enough to really make a call on this.

Sorry, when I first read your earlier statement I thought you meant something else.

Feb 9, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #1,329 of 14,685

3C or 3F?

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #1,330 of 14,685

3C or 3F?

How should I know, it's definitely not better than these, but others claim it is on par. Personally I haven't used 3F only maybe once (And I didn't see a difference).
Also haven't used HE-6 so I don't know.

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #1,331 of 14,685

How should I know, it's definitely not better than these, but others claim it is on par. Personally I haven't used 3F only maybe once (And I didn't see a difference).
Also haven't used HE-6 so I don't know.

There is a big difference between 3c and 3f especially in transparency, imaging and soundstage. 

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #1,332 of 14,685
There is a big difference between 3c and 3f especially in transparency, imaging and soundstage. 

Well then why don't I find it interesting to send my 3c for an upgrade...

Also a good recommendation for companiesfor next generation is to provide free upgrades because we have already paid the same money people with newer models have paid so why should we be screwed over? Also people who had a failed driver did get a free upgrade...

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #1,333 of 14,685
Well then why don't I find it interesting to send my 3c for an upgrade...

Also a good recommendation for companiesfor next generation is to provide free upgrades because we have already paid the same money people with newer models have paid so why should we be screwed over? Also people who had a failed driver did get a free upgrade...

They had an upgrade program. Well...I am happy that progress is being made and prices haven't gone up. Good enough for me.

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #1,334 of 14,685

Correct, I think - as I recall it the 3f wasn't much worse than my HE-6 :p

Feb 9, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #1,335 of 14,685
Since these have been announced, has there been any noticeable impact to the second hand price of the HE-6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back