Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 18, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #11,566 of 14,719
From everything I’ve seen the HE1000 and HE1000 SE are very different headphones
but we are now talking about the HE1000 Stealth vs the HE1000SE ... they both have the Stealth magnets and the chassis is the same with the exception of the darker wood on the SE... the cables on the HE1000 Stealth are the updated set.. the fancy box that the SE comes with is no longer an option on the HE1000 Stealth... it is on the V2 and its original price was $2999 so the price diff for the SE was $500 for the Stealth Magnets... if you take away the options of the cables, fancy box and just talk about the headphones there is very little differences... it all comes down to the sound signature... and both are very good even if they are different its down to personal pref.... but that choice is now going to cost you $1500.. if you put an extra $1500 into your source/amp maybe you chose correctly and the sound sig swaps between the headphones... maybe a nice tube amp ...

Feb 18, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #11,567 of 14,719
That's assuming they won't drop the SE to $2999. I bet they do.
Just like v2 Stealth is now $1999
and Arya Stealth is now $1299

Feb 18, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #11,568 of 14,719
well.. there was actually two different v2's .... so I guess you could call it a V4 if you follow that logic... there is Audeze who also do version differences and don't change the names.... not cool actually.... if I am going to be buying any item I'd like to know what it is without having to go thru who knows what to find out all of the revisions.... wouldn't be nice for someone to buy a used HE1000 and not know exactly what they had paid for... and if that person was going to buy a used HE1000 that someone advertised as a V3... then they would find out a V3 never existed.... hope you can see the issue of calling something that its not.... I still find it interesting how a HE1000SE vs the HE1000 Stealth price difference is just the fancy box at $1500 diff... for just a few more dollars you could get two HE1000 Stealths or a better DAC/AMP
I take it that you had an investigative look at the drivers of both headphone….?

Feb 18, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #11,569 of 14,719
My replacement is apparently being sourced from the US to the Canadian distributor instead of having to come from China first so hopefully that’ll cut some of my wait down. I begin the waiting game again.
China no longer stocks the V2's. They ran out and have no plans of producing any more. All that's left are the one's that the distributors/stores have in stock. I received a Stealth version, asked for an exchange, and luckily Hifiman Japan had one left in stock.

Feb 19, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #11,570 of 14,719
China no longer stocks the V2's. They ran out and have no plans of producing any more. All that's left are the one's that the distributors/stores have in stock. I received a Stealth version, asked for an exchange, and luckily Hifiman Japan had one left in stock.
I’m not even sure which version I’m hoping comes. I had originally ordered the V2 but now I’m hoping that maybe the replacement will be the stealth…
Either way I can’t wait for it to get here

Feb 19, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #11,571 of 14,719
I’m not even sure which version I’m hoping comes. I had originally ordered the V2 but now I’m hoping that maybe the replacement will be the stealth…
Like a box of chocolates. :)
1676786988795.jpeg

Feb 19, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #11,572 of 14,719
Feb 19, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #11,573 of 14,719
I'm also expecting my package in next 2 days, I'm also not sure which one I'll get and what would have veen my preference, but I think which ever I'll get, they will be nice

Also one query if someone who has recently got the HE1000 Stealth version can confirm please, has HiFiMan stopped giving the box with the new version. Box photo below

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230219-142033_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219-142033_Chrome.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 0
Feb 19, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #11,574 of 14,719
Like a box of chocolates. :)
The Hifiman box contains just one bar of regenerative milk chocolate.

I would probably choose the hazelnut version because of its less diffuse taste.....!

Feb 19, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #11,575 of 14,719
I'm also expecting my package in next 2 days, I'm also not sure which one I'll get and what would have veen my preference, but I think which ever I'll get, they will be nice

Also one query if someone who has recently got the HE1000 Stealth version can confirm please, has HiFiMan stopped giving the box with the new version. Box photo below
As far as I know the stealth doesn’t come in that box anymore

Feb 19, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #11,578 of 14,719
The He1000v2 Stealth comes in the new and cheap Hifiman cardboard box, with the foam stand and two long cables. Also the pamhplet is missing.
Yeah, not sure why this much cost cutting on a high priced headphone. There should be some good accessories to get a good unboxing experience as well. My friend told me that they have reduced the base warranty as well from 3 years to 2 years on new version...

Feb 19, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #11,579 of 14,719
Pretty good write up... I don't understand why people write its a V3.... there is no indication from Hifiman on the packaging or the website that refers the headphone to be a V3... I guess now Hifiman can't release a V3 in the future ??? Officially its called the HE1000 Stealth, as that is what is on the packaging and that is what is on the website...

there is no HE1000 version 3 with stealth magnets..... but I can't wait to hear what those sound like when they are created...

because its a new revision of the HE1000, that in most stores has replaced the stock of the He1000v2. And most people are used to using SE (stealth edition) and Stealth already interchangeably for the Arya stealth revision, so as soon as we start using them to differentiate with another headphone it becomes extremely confusing. There was no literally named Hifiman Sundara 2020 revision, but that's what everybody describes it as because it is clear and understandable. The HE1000V2 Stealth or He1000 stealth is the 3rd version of the HE1000, it replaces the previous stock just like the Hekv2 did the original. Thus it can be described as a HEKv3, because that is what it is, although maybe not what it is named. And as a name is much less confusing than having a HE1000 Stealth Edition and a HE1000 stealth.

Feb 19, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #11,580 of 14,719
because its a new revision of the HE1000, that in most stores has replaced the stock of the He1000v2. And most people are used to using SE (stealth edition) and Stealth already interchangeably for the Arya stealth revision, so as soon as we start using them to differentiate with another headphone it becomes extremely confusing. There was no literally named Hifiman Sundara 2020 revision, but that's what everybody describes it as because it is clear and understandable. The HE1000V2 Stealth or He1000 stealth is the 3rd version of the HE1000, it replaces the previous stock just like the Hekv2 did the original. Thus it can be described as a HEKv3, because that is what it is, although maybe not what it is named. And as a name is much less confusing than having a HE1000 Stealth Edition and a HE1000 stealth.
I'm not the one that creates the web site nor the packaging for Hifiman... they invented the Headphone and they call it HE1000 on the website and on the package that the headphone ships in.... can they be wrong.... should we call them out on it... https://hifiman.com/products/detail/327 all they did was put in stealth magnets... and the reality is no one has even said/written if the stealth magnets are better or worse than the older more expensive magnets they used to use... supply chain issue ??? they are switching everything to the stealth magnets... from a manufacture stand point it would make sense.... again... who said a stealth magnet is better than the older magnets they put in the original HE6 ??? Folk lore ???
when they replaced the 2.5mm with the 3.5mm what revision for that... seems V3 doesn't add up... could this be the V4 ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back