Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 20, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #11,146 of 14,709
While I understand different people hear things differently, I think I have to give you a different data point to consider: In my experience, the HE1000V2 has better mids, highs, timbre, soundstage, detail. As of bass, Arya V2 is only slightly punchier, but HE1000V2 produces a deeper rumble and better resolution. For me, the HE1000V2 just has a more forward vocal that I need to get use to, and once I got used to it, the vocal presentation is actually more enjoyable.
Thank you for your input and I also think there are parts of GoldenSound's comparison that may be a bit skewed. Though he did mention that the HEKV2 had better treble with less sibilance, I am doubtful that the Arya has more details. I have the new HE1000 Stealth and from my 2 weeks of auditioning them to the Arya V2 on the Burson C3R, here are my thoughts:

HE1000 Stealth - much brighter, more details in mids/highs, more forward mids/vocals, faster and accurate bass with less decay, better imaging
Arya V2 - warmer, more relaxed and laidback sound signature = less fatiguing, wider and taller soundstage, fuller bass with more slam

If I were to keep one, I think it would be the Arya. I agree with GoldenSound that it may be the best all-arounder. Judging from the information I've gathered, the HEKV2 is probably a better match than the HEK-Stealth for my preferences, but I think I'd prefer the general sound signature and bass characteristics of the Arya over any of the HEK's. Like many folks on this forum, the Arya V2 is my favorite Hifiman, and I think the HEK-Stealth compliments it the best as it is the most different Hifiman.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #11,147 of 14,709
Glad to see a bit of chatter on the new stealth version that is shipping. I'm in the US and confirmed today from Headphones.com that they indeed have them. If you order a V2, you are going to get a stealth (that is what they told me in a chat question about it). Questioning if that is the best method if there is going to be a difference between the two and someone ordering purposely wanted regular non-stealth V2. I currently have the V2 and considering selling them to get the Stealth but feel it is better for me to wait for some more opinions and reviews and not assume I will like them more. One of my biggest concerns is that it will be more like the SE. From watching reviews on the SE, I'm not sure I'd want that. Seems that has been described as VERY detailed and one review I watched said he didn't like it because he found himself analyzing recordings vs enjoying them music and made some of his collection not as enjoyable. Another said it can come off bright at times. I really just want a version of the V2 that could be better at what it does (if that is possible).

Hope to hear more thoughts!

I'm an early adopter of the Stealth an never heard the OG V2. From the many impressions I've read, I'd suggest not to "upgrade". I would keep the OG V2. Why? I'm convinced the differences are so very subtle that I highly doubt the successor gives you really more joy.

That being said, the V2 Stealth is an astonishing and wonderful headphone. For me the perfect allrounder.

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #11,148 of 14,709
HE-1000 V2 Stealth and Lyr+

20230120_055544.jpg

Very harmonious combination 👌
Awesome! I have a Lyr+ as well and also a Burson Soloist. Both sound amazing with my 1000v2. I need to try some other tubes in the Lyr. Only have the stock Tung Sol so far.

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #11,149 of 14,709
I'm an early adopter of the Stealth an never heard the OG V2. From the many impressions I've read, I'd suggest not to "upgrade". I would keep the OG V2. Why? I'm convinced the differences are so very subtle that I highly doubt the successor gives you really more joy.

That being said, the V2 Stealth is an astonishing and wonderful headphone. For me the perfect allrounder.
I get a feeling the sound characteristics is just an upgraded version of the Arya models.

Arya V2 --> HE1000 V2
Arya Stealth --> HE1000 Stealth

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #11,150 of 14,709
Awesome! I have a Lyr+ as well and also a Burson Soloist. Both sound amazing with my 1000v2. I need to try some other tubes in the Lyr. Only have the stock Tung Sol so far.
you can also tune your burson with different op amps... is easy and worth it on the HE1000V2 ... get a set of standards from Burson or a set of Sparkos Labs...

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #11,151 of 14,709
Thank you for your input and I also think there are parts of GoldenSound's comparison that may be a bit skewed. Though he did mention that the HEKV2 had better treble with less sibilance, I am doubtful that the Arya has more details. I have the new HE1000 Stealth and from my 2 weeks of auditioning them to the Arya V2 on the Burson C3R, here are my thoughts:

HE1000 Stealth - much brighter, more details in mids/highs, more forward mids/vocals, faster and accurate bass with less decay, better imaging
Arya V2 - warmer, more relaxed and laidback sound signature = less fatiguing, wider and taller soundstage, fuller bass with more slam

If I were to keep one, I think it would be the Arya. I agree with GoldenSound that it may be the best all-arounder. Judging from the information I've gathered, the HEKV2 is probably a better match than the HEK-Stealth for my preferences, but I think I'd prefer the general sound signature and bass characteristics of the Arya over any of the HEK's. Like many folks on this forum, the Arya V2 is my favorite Hifiman, and I think the HEK-Stealth compliments it the best as it is the most differen
you can also tune your burson with different op amps... is easy and worth it on the HE1000V2 ... get a set of standards from Burson or a set of Sparkos Labs...
Thanks. I picked the Burson (and power supply) up used about 3-4 weeks ago. I know you can change them but haven’t looked into all that yet. My next goal is to see if I have a preference on the BF2 vs BF2/64 to see if one is then better match when using the 1000s.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #11,152 of 14,709
Wonky or not
1674231527860.jpeg

Resolve talking in details about HE1000v2 "squiggle"
Snapshot from video
1674231407443.png

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #11,153 of 14,709
Thanks. I picked the Burson (and power supply) up used about 3-4 weeks ago. I know you can change them but haven’t looked into all that yet. My next goal is to see if I have a preference on the BF2 vs BF2/64 to see if one is then better match when using the 1000s.
I have had my He1000 stealth a short while now, currently paired with Burson Soloist 3XP/Holo Spring 3KTE/Melco N1AEX. Having come from a pair of LCD-3's the HE1000 is definitely much more detailed & brighter. However, not sure what people are finding but I have had approx 50 hours use on the HE1000 & the last couple of sessions I have noticed what I would describe as a more coherent sound, not a massive change but it just feels as if the music is playing as a whole a little bit more. I also found that using the 6.35 out on the Burson as opposed to the XLR (which is double the power) is better, the XLR sounded a tad aggressive at times. This maybe due to the phones not being fully burned in or just that they don't need that much power. Will be interesting to see if there are any significant changes with additional hours of burn in or not. Has anyone had a chance to try these on a decent suitable tube amp, my instinct is that it could be a nice combination if carefully matched.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #11,154 of 14,709
I have a feeling the measurement from Resolve is actually the HE1000 Stealth... I have asked him about the status of the Stealth and his EQ/measurements and he is holding off on saying... makes me wonder if he did or didn't know if he had the Stealth or not... thats going to be an issue by Hifiman not properly putting the name on the headphones as unless you know the differences you won't be able to tell the difference between the HE1000 the HE1000v2 and the HE1000 Stealth... and do we mention the price difference between the HE1000se and the HE1000 Stealth... thats a bit of money to charge for a fancy box, black headband and darker wood tones...

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #11,155 of 14,709
Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #11,156 of 14,709
I have a feeling the measurement from Resolve is actually the HE1000 Stealth... I have asked him about the status of the Stealth and his EQ/measurements and he is holding off on saying... makes me wonder if he did or didn't know if he had the Stealth or not... thats going to be an issue by Hifiman not properly putting the name on the headphones as unless you know the differences you won't be able to tell the difference between the HE1000 the HE1000v2 and the HE1000 Stealth... and do we mention the price difference between the HE1000se and the HE1000 Stealth... thats a bit of money to charge for a fancy box, black headband and darker wood tones...
No, it was V2 100%, and if you watched the video he also talks what "would" happened to HE1000V2 if Stealth magnets are employed and compares it to changes occurred with Arya Stealth.

Jan 20, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #11,157 of 14,709
I asked him... and he isn't saying.... he also didn't post the EQ and I asked him about that too... do you know where he placed the review or the Eq ?? The main item that is going to tell viewers of the Youtube reviewers is the Box says Stealth.... otherwise the headphone looks exactly like the V2 ....

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #11,158 of 14,709
I asked him... and he isn't saying.... he also didn't post the EQ and I asked him about that too... do you know where he placed the review or the Eq ?? The main item that is going to tell viewers of the Youtube reviewers is the Box says Stealth.... otherwise the headphone looks exactly like the V2 ....
He specifically states that at around 2:55 and the cables he shows are definitely the old "surgical tubing" style, not what packaged with Stealth.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #11,160 of 14,709
I’ve made the decision to order the HE1000 Stealth and can’t wait for them to get here. Pairing them with the iFi iCAN Pro Signature as a likely stopping point for a good while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back