Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 19, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #931 of 14,805
Have you noticed what the guy said here about the Dharma headphones from the company ENIGMAcoustics..."This pair provided what stands out in my mind as the most spacious and compellingly three-dimensional sound I have ever heard form any headphone system to date"

And the will 'only' cost $1200.

Am closely following that thread since today..a wellknown electrostatic speaker manufacturer building a headphone based on electrostratic drivers that dont need electrostatic amp and that for 1200usd?? now thats cool right?.i am guessing some ceo's from other brands are following it too :D

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #932 of 14,805
Am closely following that thread since today..a wellknown electrostatic speaker manufacturer building a headphone based on electrostratic drivers that dont need electrostatic amp and that for 1200usd?? now thats cool right?.i am guessing some ceo's from other brands are following it too
biggrin.gif

I'm not sure if these are electrostatic headphones, they don't look like ones, they are more like a regular albeit curved/directed driver  (HD800/K812/T1/etc...) dynamic headphones with some electrostatic tech in it. Not too bad...

But pricing is definitely getting ridiculous, probably because Beats is so expensive and isn't worth anything but still people buy them for sound preference, that made prices rise lately to mean to say "We're better than Beats"

Why can't we have 1 ultimate reference headphone that can do everything perfect? Hoping HE-1000 is this one.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #933 of 14,805

I'm not sure if these are electrostatic headphones, they don't look like ones, they are more like a regular albeit curved/directed driver  (HD800/K812/T1/etc...) dynamic headphones with some electrostatic tech in it. Not too bad...

But pricing is definitely getting ridiculous, probably because Beats is so expensive and isn't worth anything but still people buy them for sound preference, that made prices rise lately to mean to say "We're better than Beats"

Why can't we have 1 ultimate reference headphone that can do everything perfect? Hoping HE-1000 is this one.

Modded HE-1000s might be it, depending on how much more can be squeezed out of the drivers in terms of bass performance. 
confused.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #934 of 14,805
From the linked article...

Well there you go. It's gonna be like $2500-$3500 for the HE-1000 and $4000-$5000 for the system. The good Dr. has just got the go-ahead to price it to the stratosphere. HiFiMan also advertises in Hi-Fi+, who also review all their products.

think it's safe to say that a statement headphone like this won't come cheap but that's all we can say with any certainty about the pricing for this can at the moment.

dunno if you missed jude's post a couple of pages back but he feels that the he-1000 won't be going on sale for months. he'll keep us informed of developments tho. anyways what do you care - you're unsubscribed right?

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #935 of 14,805
  Modded HE-1000s might be it, depending on how much more can be squeezed out of the drivers in terms of bass performance. 
confused.gif

They aren't out yet and already talking modded. ? :^)

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #937 of 14,805
  Can we add a wiki to OP with actual impressions.  This thread is moving too fast and too full of hot air.

Done, added some. Please PM me if there are other impressions!

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #939 of 14,805
Jan 19, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #940 of 14,805
Modded HE-1000s might be it, depending on how much more can be squeezed out of the drivers in terms of bass performance. :confused:

I honestly dont think the he1000 will need any mods. bass was already extremely nice from my audition. i personally felt that the he1000s bass outshone the lcd-x (which i think to be the best totl bass headphones.)

of course, nothing wrong w experimenting w mods, but i was incredibly impressed with the protoype he1000. fang himself said they are still working to improve the sound further & he thinks that they can get it another step up for a significantly noticeable improvement.

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #941 of 14,805
I honestly dont think the he1000 will need any mods. bass was already extremely nice from my audition. i personally felt that the he1000s bass outshone the lcd-x (which i think to be the best totl bass headphones.)

of course, nothing wrong w experimenting w mods, but i was incredibly impressed with the protoype he1000. fang himself said they are still working to improve the sound further & he thinks that they can get it another step up for a significantly noticeable improvement.

Modders gonna mod.  It's like a force of nature.  Can't be stopped, just dealt with 
wink.gif

But I hear ya.  Hope I can hear the HEK one day.  I'd be loath to mod a $3000 pair of cans.  @jerg OTOH, it's a given.

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #942 of 14,805

Modders gonna mod.  It's like a force of nature.  Can't be stopped, just dealt with 
wink.gif

But I hear ya.  Hope I can hear the HEK one day.  I'd be loath to mod a $3000 pair of cans.  @jerg OTOH, it's a given.

Depends on the nature of the mod, right. Some are more invasive or permanent mods than others.

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #944 of 14,805
I do not think the modded know more than fang how can you mod before the product comes out besides the Jerg mod I leave my phones alone love 560s thought it was end game now on this thread but 2000 is my limit even if God talks to you through the 1000s

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #945 of 14,805
I do not think the modded know more than fang how can you mod before the product comes out besides the Jerg mod I leave my phones alone love 560s thought it was end game now on this thread but 2000 is my limit even if God talks to you through the 1000s

+1  Exactly.  It's a bit ridiculous thinking anyone other than Fang and his trusted band of engineers are going to effect any changes in a pair of cans before they're released.  Since they're still tweaking the existing prototype(s), you can say they are the Master Modders.  jerg's excellent input came after the fact, and it's great to see Fang taking notice.  If he were given a prototype to play with, that'd be different.  If he were hired, that'd make him an employee, not a modder 
wink.gif

As to God speaking to you through $2000 cans, I think at that price the best you'll get is Gabriel blowin' his horn 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back