Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jun 19, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #9,361 of 14,653
you guys, especially in canada, should sign up for the susvara tour. I got a listen and was pleasantly surprised visa vie he 1. I know you might tempt fate and need to belly up twice as much doe but would be very interested in what he 1 owners think, along the same lines as myself?

Jun 19, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #9,362 of 14,653
you guys, especially in canada, should sign up for the susvara tour. I got a listen and was pleasantly surprised visa vie he 1. I know you might tempt fate and need to belly up twice as much doe but would be very interested in what he 1 owners think, along the same lines as myself?

How do you like your Prion4 cable? Is it worth the big $$?

Jun 19, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #9,363 of 14,653
I like it a lot, I use dhc for all my cables and interconnects, it has improved my listening experience. Is it worth it is a loaded question, like is susvara worth it. Well I preferred susvara to he 1 but I won't answer that either.

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #9,364 of 14,653
I like it a lot, I use dhc for all my cables and interconnects, it has improved my listening experience. Is it worth it is a loaded question, like is susvara worth it. Well I preferred susvara to he 1 but I won't answer that either.

I have the DHC 8-wire silver symbote for my CIEMs and absolutely love it. It is a huge upgrade over any other IEM cable. I've been going back and forth on the Prion4 because the 8' length cable is so expensive. I am waiting for a 16-wire solid core silver cable from ELA Audio which is only a fraction of the cost of a DHC cable. I'm interested to see if it bests my custom 16-wire copper OCC litz cable and hoping it eases my desire for a Prion4. The ELA cable won't be nearly as elegant aesthetically as the Prion4, but if the sound is good, it will be a huge bargain.

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #9,365 of 14,653
I have the DHC 8-wire silver symbote for my CIEMs and absolutely love it. It is a huge upgrade over any other IEM cable. I've been going back and forth on the Prion4 because the 8' length cable is so expensive. I am waiting for a 16-wire solid core silver cable from ELA Audio which is only a fraction of the cost of a DHC cable. I'm interested to see if it bests my custom 16-wire copper OCC litz cable and hoping it eases my desire for a Prion4. The ELA cable won't be nearly as elegant aesthetically as the Prion4, but if the sound is good, it will be a huge bargain.

I'm running Lavricables Silver for interconnects, headphones and USB and I like the performance. Far cheaper than many of the other cables out there and it handily beats my Dragons.

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #9,367 of 14,653
I'd just buy the best cable in its class from dhc and be done with it. Then again my rabbit hole is deep for a reason...

Jun 20, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #9,369 of 14,653
I've recently taken delivery of my Toxic Cables Silver Widow (the fatter 22AWG version). At a price considerably less than the DHC top models, but more than Lavri or Dragon.

I'll post my impressions in a week or so, but on first listen, with minimal burn-in, it's a very worthwhile SQ improvement over stock HEK V2.
This SW has a newly updated version of insulation material, which makes it very flexible for a relatively thick cable.

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #9,370 of 14,653
Is it heavy?

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #9,371 of 14,653
I've recently taken delivery of my Toxic Cables Silver Widow (the fatter 22AWG version). At a price considerably less than the DHC top models, but more than Lavri or Dragon.

I'll post my impressions in a week or so, but on first listen, with minimal burn-in, it's a very worthwhile SQ improvement over stock HEK V2.
This SW has a newly updated version of insulation material, which makes it very flexible for a relatively thick cable.

Looking forward to hearing your review. I'm currently auditioning both the WyWires Platinum and the Danacables Lazuli Reference. Very interesting how these high end cables compare. I'll post my findings when I have a little more time with them. My initial impression is the Danacables is better, but I'm determining by how much and does it justify the price difference as the WyWires is no shlub. Stay tuned for more as I navigate to my decision.

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #9,372 of 14,653
Interested in both reviews – count me in!

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #9,373 of 14,653
I might as well ask while i've got the WyWires Platinum and Danacables Lazuli Reference at home for audition... has anyone had a chance to compare either of these against the Black Dragon or Silver Dragon? I'm looking for as many insights into cable options before i lighten my wallet!

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #9,374 of 14,653
Is it (Toxic SW 22AWG) heavy?

It doesn't feel particularly heavy and it certainly isn't cumbersome - "slinky" was my first reaction. But it's heavier than the stock cable (most things are).
I'll weigh them on my kitchen scales by the time I post my impressions.

Regarding recent posts, it's a shame that it's so hard to do direct comparisons of such audiophile cables. These one-man-band style of companies rarely allow try-before-you-buy options.
Looking at the DHC, Lavri and Toxic specs, they all look much the same with much the same spec, yet their prices are considerably different, with Lavri cables appearing to be relatively great value for money.
I guess the devil must be in the detail to explain the price differences.

I filtered my options partly by locality - to avoid international shipping/duty on first purchase and subsequent potential repairs/re-terminations. I had originally assumed Lavri were US-based, but now realise they are "somewhere in Europe", so until Brexit happens, that's probably almost as straight forward as buying from a local UK company.

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #9,375 of 14,653
It doesn't feel particularly heavy and it certainly isn't cumbersome - "slinky" was my first reaction. But it's heavier than the stock cable (most things are).
I'll weigh them on my kitchen scales by the time I post my impressions.

Regarding recent posts, it's a shame that it's so hard to do direct comparisons of such audiophile cables. These one-man-band style of companies rarely allow try-before-you-buy options.
Looking at the DHC, Lavri and Toxic specs, they all look much the same with much the same spec, yet their prices are considerably different, with Lavri cables appearing to be relatively great value for money.
I guess the devil must be in the detail to explain the price differences.

I filtered my options partly by locality - to avoid international shipping/duty on first purchase and subsequent potential repairs/re-terminations. I had originally assumed Lavri were US-based, but now realise they are "somewhere in Europe", so until Brexit happens, that's probably almost as straight forward as buying from a local UK company.

I've bought cables from Lavricables in Latvia on three occasions. The orders were completed in a few days and shipping was fast. I'm in Canada and it took a total of 10 days for turn around from order date. My Lavricables sound better to me than either Dragons or some Audioquest products that I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Pfgo
Back