Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 31, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #8,941 of 14,676
  Sweet, just got my paid upgrade V2 after a twelve week wait since i gave my V1 up.
Aaaand.. the right channel is completely dead..
Tried several cables, amp/dacs and sources. So, yeah..

I thought Hifiman's reliability issues were finally coming to an end, but no! Guess cheap Chinese crap is cheap Chinese crap no matter how many zeroes Fang slaps onto the MSRP.

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #8,942 of 14,676
Yeah, this was a major bummer. Waited since the start of november, just to get a pair that didn't work.
The process of returning them to get a replacement is for sure going to take several weeks aswell. 
Live in a small european country, so shipping takes a while just to add to the wait. Customs is a
nightmare aswell, if i choose to not replace it through a dealer. Guess i'll get the process started
tomorrow.

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #8,943 of 14,676
  Yeah, this was a major bummer. Waited since the start of november, just to get a pair that didn't work.
The process of returning them to get a replacement is for sure going to take several weeks aswell. 
Live in a small european country, so shipping takes a while just to add to the wait. Customs is a
nightmare aswell, if i choose to not replace it through a dealer. Guess i'll get the process started
tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about your experience.  Very disappointing, especially after such a long wait.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #8,944 of 14,676
But wait...your "flagship" headphone is no longer the flagship. QC is still a hit and miss. Only constant is the ever escalating prices being charged.

If he charges more because they sounded so good, should he now start to charge less because they've been build like crap?

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #8,946 of 14,676
  So you can now pay to upgrade from v1 to v2?

If you're the original owner of the V1, then yes, but at a price.

http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/hifiman/exclusive-offer-for-loyal-he1000-v1-owners.html

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #8,947 of 14,676
Feb 1, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #8,950 of 14,676
Feb 1, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #8,951 of 14,676
Sweet, just got my paid upgrade V2 after a twelve week wait since i gave my V1 up.

Bummer. Ridiculous. All the best getting it sorted out, hopefully they come through for you. Do keep us posted.

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #8,952 of 14,676
I emailed customer support and they said they'll be back in stock after Chinese New Year. They were low on stock in the US and didn't want people waiting all throughout the Chinese New Year.

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #8,953 of 14,676
As much as I didn't want to like the V2... I just put it through its paces at the NYC canjam and... I really liked what I heard. :/ it sounded very lively/engaging. Surprisingly so.

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #8,954 of 14,676
As much as I didn't want to like the V2... I just put it through its paces at the NYC canjam and... I really liked what I heard. :/ it sounded very lively/engaging. Surprisingly so.

Also listened to the Shangri-La and... well... it melted my face. :wink: but, I mean, it really aught to at that price point.

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #8,955 of 14,676

Went back to the dealer that handled my paid upgrade today. They kindly swapped me to a brand new pair the same day.
What a relief it is not having to go through the whole sending it back for repair ect.
A big thanks to Duet Audio and their excellent customer service!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back