Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 17, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #826 of 14,685
Okay, I'm out. But remember that the he500 started at $1000. 

I do remember, Here in europe they started at 899euro.... :D

Jan 17, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #827 of 14,685
Do we know whether the cable is detachable? And is it connected to the EL1000 in balance mode in demo? My cable is 2x 3 pin and it doesn't look like the EL1000 has 2 x 3 pin balance connectors. Anyone from the NY meet please help.

Jan 17, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #828 of 14,685
Do we know whether the cable is detachable? And is it connected to the EL1000 in balance mode in demo? My cable is 2x 3 pin and it doesn't look like the EL1000 has 2 x 3 pin balance connectors. Anyone from the NY meet please help.

According to @Revogamer they are mono minijacks, but he was not sure about the size.

Jan 17, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #829 of 14,685

I didn't ask or check whether it detachable or not. It accepted (1) reg 1/4 and (1) 4 pin XLR connector, no 2x 3 pin.   

Jan 17, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #830 of 14,685
If Fang is indeed pricing the HEK $2500 and up, then he must be categorizing the HEK differently from HE-6. It will make no sense to discontinue HE-6 after the release of HEK then.

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #831 of 14,685
Either that, or he's categorizing us differently. As in, "audiophiles have changed. Nowadays they are willing to pay so much for a CIEM... just imagine how much these people would fork out for a flagship pair of cans!"

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #832 of 14,685
I didn't ask or check whether it detachable or not. It accepted (1) reg 1/4 and (1) 4 pin XLR connector, no 2x 3 pin.   

Thanks Cradon and Anda.

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #833 of 14,685
If Fang is indeed pricing the HEK $2500 and up, then he must be categorizing the HEK differently from HE-6. It will make no sense to discontinue HE-6 after the release of HEK then.

I said the same thing but I doubt that he will. The HE-6 is old technology and old manufacturing. Might as well use the new nano-diaphragm, single-sided magnet, more efficient, 95% of HE1K sq, call it HE-7 and price it at $1000.

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #834 of 14,685
  Looking forward for some more impressions from the NYC mini meet.

I visited Fang in his hotel room in NYC this afternoon and got the chance to see and listen to 
the HE-1000.
Through his newly developed EF-1000 amp.
Somehow... for most of the time of my visit, I was the only visitor and was able to listen without
interruption to an Elgar Cello Concerto.  I think it was the one in E minor.
For what seemed like the better part of an hour.

It was clearly the best headphone experience I have ever had.
'Immersive' was the word that kept coming up for me..
Rich, full, vibrant tonality captivating my attention.
Surrounding me... spaciousness... out of the head... more so than I've experienced with any other
headphone setup.

I could find no area needing further improvement.
Not so Fang.
He'll be in NY, he said, for another week;  then he's going back to China.
To work with his design team with the aim of further improving the sound of this latest and greatest
of his creations.

How much will he be charging for them?
He said what he has been saying:  
He doesn't know yet.
And this...
He may actually not know yet.
It seems that the price Fang winds up charging for the HE-1000  may depend on just how good he can
ultimately get the phones to sound.

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #835 of 14,685

These people are on the line.
tongue.gif

When I was waiting in the lobby this afternoon with Dr. Fang, nobody else showed up.
I guess they all must have had the wrong address :
It was in the Trump Soho, no the Hotel Regente 
biggrin.gif

More to the point, where has the color gone from these photos?
eek.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

There has never been any color in these shots
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #836 of 14,685

Yes, the cable is detachable from the headphones, some straight type of mini jack that relatively easily comes off, happened to me once
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #837 of 14,685
  I visited Fang in his hotel room in NYC this afternoon and got the chance to see and listen to 
the HE-1000.
Somehow... for most of the time of my visit, I was the only visitor and was able to listen without

Surrounding me... spaciousness... out of the head... more so than I've experienced with any other
headphone setup.

Not so Fang.
To work with his design team with the aim of further improving the sound of this latest and greatest
of his creations.

He doesn't know yet.
And this...
It seems that the price Fang winds up charging for the HE-1000  may depend on just how good he can

thanks  a lot for those impressions;  VERY ENCOURAGING !

Can you recall what DAC was used to feed the AMP ? 

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #839 of 14,685
Thanks Icebear. I have a question that I'll probable get laughed at. Does anyone knows if the HE1000 can be driven by any portable amps? I know it is not as good, I just want to know how sensitive/efficient this phone is? I am thinking building a balance cable for a balance RSA portable amp or use it with the Hugo.

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #840 of 14,685
the HE-1000.

headphone setup.

Not so Fang.
of his creations.

He doesn't know yet.
And this...

Wow! Your review sounds like these headphones are amazing and totally worth the hype.

Fang's a lot

(Sorry :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back