Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
May 21, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #7,606 of 14,798
I did use my own source. Still think the HE1000 is a better blend of musical and detailed and preferred it 
wink.gif

May 21, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #7,607 of 14,798
  Looking around to plan for my eventual cable upgrade to my HEK, so far I've seen the following mentioned for possible upgrades : 

1. DHC Comp4
2. Norne Zoetic 
3. Norne Silvergarde

Any other suggestions ? 

I just sent my Oyaide connectors to Peterek to be made into a 12 wire OCC nucleotide cable. It will be awesome! :D

May 22, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #7,608 of 14,798
Dana sounds really nice (more expensive)...

u mean this - http://danacables.com/product/lazuli-hf/ ? 

If it's this, it's still cheaper than DHC Comp4 :p 

May 22, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #7,609 of 14,798
Could be, just compared it to my Norne Zoetic, which is half the price, approximately. Small improvements, big price increase. Diminishing returns and all that. I haven't heard the DHC.

May 23, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #7,610 of 14,798
how long did you have to wait for the zoetic ?

May 23, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #7,611 of 14,798
how long did you have to wait for the zoetic ?

Timeline varies.
I ordered my Zoetic cables in January and have not yet received them. I read they are catching up on production.

May 25, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #7,613 of 14,798
  You surely a patient man.
Last time, I ordered one, and waited for 3 months before i cancel it.

Trevor (I think is his name) is still an excellent, excellent person. He was quite helpful in assisting me during the initial purchase. I'd made some mistakes that would have resulted in not quite what I wanted. And I did ping him - but it was in reference to another headphone cable of his, which I was planning to buy used. He was still helpful in this, offering a matched conversion cable - for my patience I guess?

Seems to me that the best things are worth the wait 
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #7,614 of 14,798
Hey guys I have a problem maybe you can help.
I need to transport my HE1000 almost every day and have been using a soft computer bag, but find it too loose inside the cups hit each other and possible one cup to go into the other..

Can anyone suggestions on possible good case to transport the HEK??

I would prefer flat instead of round but just wanted to know if anyone already searched this..

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #7,615 of 14,798
For people looking for a  VERY FLAT pelican case for their HE-K & HE-X.  Very tight fit & Could not be slimmer:

Thanks this is exactly what I needed.

Jun 7, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #7,617 of 14,798
Thanks this is exactly what I needed.

Is that case not flexing the headband in a weird way? I've seen pictures of this case before and it always makes me nervous.

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #7,618 of 14,798
Hey guys I have a problem maybe you can help.
I need to transport my HE1000 almost every day and have been using a soft computer bag, but find it too loose inside the cups hit each other and possible one cup to go into the other..

Can anyone suggestions on possible good case to transport the HEK??

I would prefer flat instead of round but just wanted to know if anyone already searched this..

Here's my case (I use the black one for the HE1000 primarily), and also a couple other options that I discussed earlier in the thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/748334/hifiman-he1000-planar-dynamic-flagship/5490#post_11832784.

Jun 7, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #7,619 of 14,798
Very nice headphones but they can't go as low and strong in bass as my ATH ES10, which would kill it for me even if they would be third of it's cost. They also sounded a bit harsh and fatiguing on higher mids and quite bright. But that could be amp or my ears used to different sound. Very nice sense of space and beautiful naturality of instruments and vocals for headphones.

Jun 7, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #7,620 of 14,798
Very nice headphones but they can't go as low and strong in bass as my ATH ES10, which would kill it for me even if they would be third of it's cost. They also sounded a bit harsh and fatiguing on higher mids and quite bright. But that could be amp or my ears used to different sound. Very nice sense of space and beautiful naturality of instruments and vocals for headphones.

You do have some valid points..
Yet I owned and fully restored the ES10 with 2 new drivers and headband direct from company..
So I know that headphone most intimately. .
That being said, I also owned many of the AudioTechnica including most the very best like the esw11, esw10jpn, & ath-w3000anv..
I realize they all have great unique priceless beautiful traits,

But I must say again the HEK has the most accurate Soundstage I have heard from any headohone,
with only my friend's stax009 being in same league.
(*edit: although I didn't hear the LCD4)

Many of my friends own fully modded HD800 and would disagree,
Saying that the modded HD800 is the best.
But the HD800 will not give as linear progression in space as the HEK.

The stock HEK does have all the subtle nuance and details that an HD800 has, but at a subdued laid back level.

So depending on your ear sensitivity, the HEK may be all you need.
But watch out that juicy sounding ES10 and not play loud as that baby has some juicy bass.
:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back