Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jun 6, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #4,171 of 14,719
Jun 6, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #4,172 of 14,719
Production units are out.  Looks like someone has already post my faux unboxing video.  
beerchug.gif

He has such an unassuming, friendly, polite character.. But I truly believe Mike is modern-day gangster that doesn't take any guff on public transport, and has a black book full of female headphone enthusiasts.

LOL,....
ph34r.gif

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #4,177 of 14,719
Jun 6, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #4,179 of 14,719
can anyone tell me how is sound leakege crossfeed? take some pcm music,edit in audacity or something so one channel,left or right is completly muted,play music at normal volume in quiet room,do you hear the sound from the other side?

Jun 6, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #4,180 of 14,719
  can anyone tell me how is sound leakege crossfeed? take some pcm music,edit in audacity or something so one channel,left or right is completly muted,play music at normal volume in quiet room,do you hear the sound from the other side?

If the sound is muted on L or R, I don't hear it on the other side. 

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #4,184 of 14,719
Kind of disappointing, actually.
So I guess we are all basically stuck with the sound signature then, unless we return them?
I can't really understand what this whole "beta program" was even for :rolleyes:
Considering all the lukewarm responses from several testers, I feel some changes should have at least been considered, and made before the production units were released, imho.
Don't get me wrong...its sound signature is not bad, but I feel that it could have been improved in at least a couple of areas.
In its current form, and especially for the high price, the HEK is just like someone else said: "Its a jack of all trades, but a master of none".
Maybe they will at least offer some alternate earpads soon...

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #4,185 of 14,719
Anyone else bothered by the apparent release of the HEK? 

I mean, quite a few very experienced beta testers aren't exactly happy with the results.
Yes, I know it's all subjective. Still, isn't that part of the beta - to consult feedback and make appropriate changes.
For all you fanboys that are happy with the current state, great.

This isn't a cheap offering and it seems a little ridiculous they're now rolling out either A. The current version.
or B. Some new improved version. Is it unreasonable to further explore more testing..

Or maybe I'm the only person fed up with the BS from these companies rolling out a new revision under our noses.
Yes, I'm talking about Aude'ze. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back