Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 18, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #2,087 of 14,627
  Yup, those and the HD800's.  That's the reason I sold the 560s.

more body than the hd800s as well. this is not a direct comparison, but went to stereo exchange immediately after demoing the he1000 during the nyc meet, so as direct as i have gotten with that particular meet.

of course as per usual, subjective impressions. ymmv. i kno there was someone from that meet that still preferred his hd800 & not looking to fight hahah

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #2,090 of 14,627

UNSUBSCRIBED!

lol if you sold all your cables, you cld easily afford these... maybe even two of them hahah

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #2,092 of 14,627
Jude switched it to Turbo Mode.
Anyway, I still wouldn't say the HE-560 has thin body. It might not be the strongest, but it is not weak IMO. Lots is also gear dependent - the body was almost too much with the Gungnir, is less with Sabre, etc. Also amps. The gear will influence that but I am pretty sure the HE-1000 is a better headphone without question... Hopefully I'll get a review pair eventually 
smily_headphones1.gif
 We'll see what happens next.

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #2,093 of 14,627
Jude switched it to Turbo Mode.
Anyway, I still wouldn't say the HE-560 has thin body. It might not be the strongest, but it is not weak IMO. Lots is also gear dependent - the body was almost too much with the Gungnir, is less with Sabre, etc. Also amps. The gear will influence that but I am pretty sure the HE-1000 is a better headphone without question... Hopefully I'll get a review pair eventually :)  We'll see what happens next.

i agree, i dont personally think the he560 has a too thin body either, but in comparison to the he1k, there are significant sonic improvements for the he1k! wish i cld try the new upgraded ones as i was quite impressed with the previous version.

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #2,094 of 14,627
  Yesterday, Fang Bian stopped by Head-Fi HQ to give us an early listen to a version of HiFiMAN’s upcoming flagship HE-1000 that's closer to production than the one they were showing at CES. (CLICK HERE to see what I thought about the HiFiMAN HE-1000 CES prototype(s).) When Fang told me they'd improved the HE-1000 since CES, I was a little concerned, as two of the three CES units I heard were outstanding as they were.
We're working on the CanJam Preview Videos all day today, so I don't have time at the moment to say much more than this right now. I do have time, however, to answer one question that I and so many others have been asking since the HE-1000 was announced: What is the HE-1000's price? The HiFiMAN HE-1000 is expected to be priced at $2999. Do I think it's worth it? If HiFiMAN would let me buy this pre-production unit for that price, I'd pay them now. To me, it's like having the performance of an outstanding electrostatic headphone that I can plug into all of my good headphone amps, but without the need for (nor the extra expense of) a purpose-built electrostatic amp. ....

Hi Jude,

can you give a quick comment on any differences in sound stage between the CES prototype and the recent version ?
I had a distinct in-head-localization effect with the prototype which I heard at the NYC meet with Dr. Fang. For me the HD 800 is much better in this respect.
Has the latest version shown any improvement here ?

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #2,095 of 14,627
Well Luke you know I speak in a comparative tongue most of the time and not a general tongue.  So compared to the HE-6 on the same amp the 560 has less body and sounds a bit thin in comparison.

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #2,096 of 14,627
  Well Luke you know I speak in a comparative tongue most of the time and not a general tongue.  So compared to the HE-6 on the same amp the 560 has less body and sounds a bit thin in comparison.

No harm done Darryl. I know what you meant 
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Shame the Mini-X was the only amp I got to hear the HE-6 on, I guess 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back