Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 15, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #1,966 of 14,653
The majority of this forum has accepted the 2k-2.5k price range so that's what they will sell for. If everyone said they will never pay more than 1500 for these it would probably have been cheaper. I hope no one here is ignorant about the fact this thread is basically material for them to decide how to price it. That was their plan all along. Y'all should have lied.

Mar 15, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #1,967 of 14,653
  The majority of this forum has accepted the 2k-2.5k price range so that's what they will sell for. If everyone said they will never pay more than 1500 for these it would probably have been cheaper. I hope no one here is ignorant about the fact this thread is basically material for them to decide how to price it. That was their plan all along. Y'all should have lied.

I am certainly not going to buy them if they are above 2k. Really!:wink:

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #1,968 of 14,653

i will not buy it at 2000 and more....... i will certainly buy it at 1.500..... and many are like me..... I think its better for hifiman to crash the competition and sell more  at this pricing... at 2000 and more i think that they will halving their potential customers....

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #1,969 of 14,653

Damn...me and my honest tongue!

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #1,970 of 14,653
At 1500 they will be bought like candy, I most certainly would buy it off the bat. Whether that is more profitable for them in the long run, I don't know. I can only assume the HD800 has made a killing at their relatively cheap price of $1500.
If the HE1000 is truly as great as I've heard yet as similar to the HD800 signature as I've heard then they would probably replace the HD800 in its market spot pushing the HD800 price down.

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #1,971 of 14,653
At 1500 they will be bought like candy, I most certainly would buy it off the bat. Whether that is more profitable for them in the long run, I don't know. I can only assume the HD800 has made a killing at their relatively cheap price of $1500.
If the HE1000 is truly as great as I've heard yet as similar to the HD800 signature as I've heard then they would probably replace the HD800 in its market spot pushing the HD800 price down.

Yes now that's what competition does to the market:). But I guess that's why there are rumors that the Sennheiser is planning on replacing the HD800.

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #1,972 of 14,653

very good remarks
beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #1,973 of 14,653
$2K is my limit as well. Above $2.5K it gets the 'unreachable' status from me :D

Mar 15, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #1,974 of 14,653

i will not buy it at 2000 and more....... i will certainly buy it at 1.500..... and many are like me..... I think its better for hifiman to crash the competition and sell more  at this pricing... at 2000 and more i think that they will halving their potential customers....

They may not care, as long as they can recoup the R&D for use in subsequent production of other items that might be the main point of the exercise. I am speculating of course, but it seems this is an attempt to really develop new technology and production techniques and perhaps if that is the case less sales are okay for them? Not sure, but I just can't see this as being a design that is meant to be produced on the scale of the 500 and 560 for instance. I hope I'm wrong, but who knows, I do like your point about sticking it to the competition. It is always good to take every dollar away from competitors that might help them fund new R&D or marketing that competes with you. That is why companies sometimes gain customers even if they aren't profitable right away.

Mar 15, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #1,975 of 14,653

They may not care, as long as they can recoup the R&D for use in subsequent production of other items that might be the main point of the exercise. I am speculating of course, but it seems this is an attempt to really develop new technology and production techniques and perhaps if that is the case less sales are okay for them? Not sure, but I just can't see this as being a design that is meant to be produced on the scale of the 500 and 560 for instance. I hope I'm wrong, but who knows, I do like your point about sticking it to the competition. It is always good to take every dollar away from competitors that might help them fund new R&D or marketing that competes with you. That is why companies sometimes gain customers even if they aren't profitable right away.

beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #1,977 of 14,653

IMO, after $1k is where you should really ask yourself why you haven't looked at a really good set of speakers. 

Because that would involve getting yelled at a lot. Also I've heard it takes 10 grand to get speakers to sound as good as a well amped pair of headphones (specifically the HD800)

Mar 15, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #1,978 of 14,653

Because that would involve getting yelled at a lot. Also I've heard it takes 10 grand to get speakers to sound as good as a well amped pair of headphones (specifically the HD800)

Yelled at!?!?!? By whom?!!??! 
eek.gif

That's an interesting comparison, but it's hard to make that kind of  || $$$ in headphones || vs || $$$ in speakers || comparison so directly. It might be hard to find speakers as bright at the HD800 though 
beyersmile.png
. But resolving? Many high end studio monitors can match wits with the HD800 at a lower price. 

Mar 15, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #1,979 of 14,653

Many high end studio monitors can match wits with the HD800 at a lower price. 

That would be nice to hear. I've never delved into the speaker section of audio but if that is true than it could be nice, assuming I had sound proof walls so I could enjoy it without pissing other people off :p Speakers blaring usually isn't a good thing when your not the only one in the house.

Mar 15, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #1,980 of 14,653

Yelled at!?!?!? By whom?!!??! 
eek.gif

That's an interesting comparison, but it's hard to make that kind of  || $$$ in headphones || vs || $$$ in speakers || comparison so directly. It might be hard to find speakers as bright at the HD800 though 
beyersmile.png
. But resolving? Many high end studio monitors can match wits with the HD800 at a lower price. 

Speakers just don't offer that same intimate experience.
For gaming for example, I don't think speakers can match the immersion of headphones. Movies might be the other way around but again - there's something to using headphones too. Same with music. The soundstage is where the speakers have the edge - depending on application, that might be for better or worse.
I am not going to say one is necessarily superior to other. The Magnepans seem very popular and that's probably what I'd get if I wanted a good pair of speakers. For surround I like my headphones.
Anyway, just wanted to point out that it is not so one-sided IMO 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back