HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Oct 29, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #17,926 of 21,868
Has anyone bought from bhphotovideo? They have the vegan pads for $62. Are these the same?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1116989-REG/audeze_1002097_lcd_ep_lf_bl_black_leather_free_earpad.html
Thanks for posting this,

The AKG K702 pads I've been using on my.HE6 are a bit stiffer & don't appear to be as thick as the Audeze Vegans (which Audeze call Microsuede: Is it because Vegan is fewer letters to type?) & at this price they're less than what I paid for the AKG pads

This sounds like a win / win to me !

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #17,928 of 21,868
You guys need to get some lint onto the tape to make it less sticky! Stick and pull off a T-shirt a few times.

Once I do that, what are the chances of the pads losing their sticky-ness and coming off?

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #17,930 of 21,868
Just added the Audio-gd Master-9 after stumbling across it at a no-brainer price. I must say, it is really doing some serious justice to the HE-6 (and HD800). Definitely needs the right DAC in front of it. 

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #17,931 of 21,868
  Just added the Audio-gd Master-9 after stumbling across it at a no-brainer price. I must say, it is really doing some serious justice to the HE-6 (and HD800). Definitely needs the right DAC in front of it. 

Congrats! With the Master 9 you will hear the sound character of the source and dac very clear.

Btw I wouldn’t place the dac right on top of the Master 9 if I were you. 

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #17,933 of 21,868

Congrats! With the Master 9 you will hear the sound character of the source and dac very clear.

Btw I wouldn’t place the dac right on top of the Master 9 if I were you. 

Thanks! Yes, I know it shouldn't be up there. I had it on top while fiddling with the cables. This pic just looked nicer than the one of them sitting next to each other. :)

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #17,934 of 21,868

I agree with you absolutely. I like the sound of HD800 and HE6 from Master 9, too. My DAC is Master 7, btw. 

Yeah, the Theta had a lot more bass impact and clarity going vs. the Gamma 2, from what I could tell... but apparently I triggered a static protection mechanism in the Theta and lost left channel output. Apparently, this is normal (according to the manual), but I haven't figured out how to get it going again yet... I'm really hoping it's working normally again when I get home today.

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #17,935 of 21,868
I received my vegan pads today. The shipping is really fast. The Focus-A pads looks really thin compared with vegan pads...

I feel my HE6 becomes more 3D with vegan Pad. I think this is because the driver becomes more angled. But I feel Focus-A pads are more comfortable. Maybe that's because I am more used to it...

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #17,936 of 21,868
  I received my vegan pads today. The shipping is really fast. The Focus-A pads looks really thin compared with vegan pads...

I feel my HE6 becomes more 3D with vegan Pad. I think this is because the driver becomes more angled. But I feel Focus-A pads are more comfortable. Maybe that's because I am more used to it...

You've stuck them directly on the metal with the double sided tape?

Also, I read somewhere on the forums that there is a mod where people are putting felt between the vegan pads and the metal of the headphones they stick it on? What does that do? 

Reading up on ways to put on the pads while I await their delivery 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #17,937 of 21,868
I just put the plastic ring inside the pads. Then mount the pads on the metal like hifiman pads. 

I have no idea about the mod...

I begin to like the sound with vegan pads. It seems to me that the sound is more refined. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #17,938 of 21,868
I started using the HiFiMan mounting rings, but after taping the Audeze pads directly to the cups I got more sub bass and quirky sounds disappeared.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #17,939 of 21,868
So I managed to blow both the drivers on the he-6. (The urge to go higher on the volume damnit). Was running them out of naked speaker taps (110 wpc). Anyone knows how much it costs to replace them? they arent in warranty.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #17,940 of 21,868
So I managed to blow both the drivers on the he-6. (The urge to go higher on the volume damnit). Was running them out of naked speaker taps (110 wpc). Anyone knows how much it costs to replace them? they arent in warranty.

I'm curious how loud you got?  I've been using a 250W amp direct off speaker taps but keep the volume to ~90dB MAX usually listen around 75-80dB.  I stopped using my power amp though because I get a pretty loud click when I turn it off on the left channel (DC current spike?).  I think my preamp and power amp need to go in for servicing.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back