HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jun 30, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #16,696 of 21,879
I just rewired my HE-6 using the stock silver cable which I terminated with gold plated Nakamichi babana plugs.

This is plugged straight into my Norh LeAmp monoblocks...

The difference between this and the previous wiring using the copper Hifiman cable with XLR to XLR adapter and banana plugs is quite amazing!

Basically I have eliminated a male and female 4 pin XLR and extra cable to the banana plugs.

The only downside is that I cannot easily disconnect the HE-6 without reaching behind the amps.....but the sound improvements are worth it!

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #16,697 of 21,879
  Spec wise, it's not all that different from my current FPB 300cx.

Just got my tracking too. I have no idea how I'm carrying it up the stairs though.

In a pinch, give me a call. I have moved a lot moar for an elegant bowl of delicate green tea. 
normal_smile .gif

I just rewired my HE-6 using the stock silver cable which I terminated with gold plated Nakamichi babana plugs.

This is plugged straight into my Norh LeAmp monoblocks...

The difference between this and the previous wiring using the copper Hifiman cable with XLR to XLR adapter and banana plugs is quite amazing!

Basically I have eliminated a male and female 4 pin XLR and extra cable to the banana plugs.

The only downside is that I cannot easily disconnect the HE-6 without reaching behind the amps.....but the sound improvements are worth it!

Got something good? That's when you set & forget! 
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #16,698 of 21,879

This is the one I bought: https://app.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-krell-evolution-302e-stereo-power-amplifier-in-factory-box-2015-06-27-amplifiers-80020-broomfield-co?show_listing=true

Just paid for it and waiting on seller to ship it.

This is just sick =) What does the 302e deliver at 50 Ohm ?=)

More than 30 watts or ? =)

The HE-6 are going to melt =)

Jul 3, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #16,701 of 21,879
How does it sound with the HE-6's , it most the be the best dynamics, and micro detail ever?

Yes, easily. I'm really impressed with the tightness of the sound and how it works with the superb imaging, staging, and layering which gives the music amazing realism and immersion. There extra clarity in the mids I did not expect from a solid state. I'm done with amps for a long long time.

And who needs warmth from the sun when I got that in an aluminum box! This thing makes my room damn hot! First world problems...

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #16,704 of 21,879
  The picture doesn't do this thing justice. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Looks like you changed your dac, it was Audio GD earlier.....new amp is for HE-6 or H1K?  

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #16,706 of 21,879
Looks like you changed your dac, it was Audio GD earlier.....new amp is for HE-6 or H1K?  

Yup, upgraded on DAC a few months ago. I'm waiting on a new preamp to come in also. I have a rule of only keeping 1 of each item so I'll have a whole setup to sell.

Using mostly with HE-6.

Jul 3, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #16,707 of 21,879

@preproman sold his HE-6, probably he may never need it again.... seems like end of an era

I got it from him to have a second pair and avoid conflicts with my better half.

Jul 3, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #16,708 of 21,879

@preproman
 sold his HE-6, probably he may never need it again.... seems like end of an era

I got it from him to have a second pair and avoid conflicts with my better half.

I saw his post. By sure why he did though.

I'm still hesitating in whether to keep my HE1K or not. I wish it were as easy as deciding on this Krell but it isn't.

Jul 3, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #16,710 of 21,879
@ ohhgourami

I'd at least give the '1k' max head time for a month into month two and then revisit which one makes the cut!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back