HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Dec 30, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #15,511 of 21,868
Just received on update on the 560 Thread, HiFiman just announced the launch of the HE1000 Flagship, super thin transducer and single sided magnets!!!!

Does anyone know for sure if it is a planar or electrostatic headphone?

I have heard different views. I hope it is a planar - buggered if I am going to buy an electrostatic amp on top of the WA6 + WA5 + Taurus Mk2
blink.gif

EDIT - had confirmation that it is a planar. HOORAY 
tongue_smile.gif
I hope it is no more difficult to drive than the HE6.

EDIT2 - and an EF-1000 amp to go with the HE-1000 planar headphone. Amp has a separate smaller box for power supply (like the BHSE). I hope this amp doesn't suck donkey ballsacs like the EF-6 (but then if the headphone is no harder to drive than the HE6 I won't need it).

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #15,513 of 21,868
  Its supposed to be super expensive.

Upwards of $2,500 is the only number I have heard. I hope they don't do an Abyss and put a silly price on the phone - just because they can.

Then again, if the performance justifies the price I might consider it, but considering how stunning a modded HE-6 is at such a great value price point, that headphone will have to be just about magical.

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #15,514 of 21,868

Upwards of $2,500 is the only number I have heard. I hope they don't do an Abyss and put a silly price on the phone - just because they can.

Then again, if the performance justifies the price I might consider it, but considering how stunning a modded HE-6 is at such a great value price point, that headphone will have to be just about magical.

Got the HE-6 at a launch price few years ago; the price hasn't come down since. Maybe it's time to do the same again!

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #15,516 of 21,868

Looks like I will be getting a pair of HE-6's to modify. My goals for the upcoming year, is to get a Yggdrasil and a pair of op
en backed headphones, to compliment my Alpha Prime's. I am still thinking about getting the HE-400i, for those chromed, sexy cans are really fun to listen to.

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #15,517 of 21,868

Got the HE-6 at a launch price few years ago; the price hasn't come down since. Maybe it's time to do the same again!

I won't be touching this baby until I hear some reviews from the folks on this forum - especially if the asking price is northwards of 2K and/or the power requirements are beyond the HE-6 requirements.

A modded HE-6 is such a stunning performer that the HE-1000 is going to have tough competition from the headphone it replaces as flagship. It will have to be a lot better than good to get me interested.

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #15,518 of 21,868
A lot better in this hobby is a subjective difference for each :) I for one can't wait to have a listen, most likely will pick one up myself if it is an improvement at all over the 6's

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #15,519 of 21,868

I won't be touching this baby until I hear some reviews from the folks on this forum - especially if the asking price is northwards of 2K and/or the power requirements are beyond the HE-6 requirements.

A modded HE-6 is such a stunning performer that the HE-1000 is going to have tough competition from the headphone it replaces as flagship. It will have to be a lot better than good to get me interested.

Well, the HE-6 also had plenty of reviews during the launch price period- so I don't think we'll be flying blind. It also looks like it's actually ready now, so I'm sure impressions will be coming soon.

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #15,520 of 21,868
... most likely will pick one up myself if it is an improvement at all over the 6's

Ditto. If there is a consensus from the forumites that the HE-1000 outperforms the modded HE-6 significantly, then I will be throwing over my cash like the slutty HeadFi harlot that I am
wink_face.gif

EDIT - that's a very big "if" above, given how well the modded HE-6 performs.

Dec 30, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #15,521 of 21,868
Won't be doing any pad swapping with the focus pads looks like:  Looks like he's trying to improve the sound stage by the look of the cups.  

Does ultra thin mean not hard to drive - or really hard to drive?  That is the question.

Is this going to be a tube amp?  I can't read the words..

Dec 30, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #15,522 of 21,868
  Won't be doing any pad swapping with the focus pads looks like:  Looks like he's trying to improve the sound stage by the look of the cups.  

Does ultra thin mean not hard to drive - or really hard to drive?  That is the question.

Is this going to be a tube amp?  I can't read the words..

I think ultra thin means really hard to drive.

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #15,523 of 21,868
God the headphone seems gigantic in the head of this women 
blink.gif

I hope it will no sounds on the leaner side.

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #15,524 of 21,868
As I commented on the thread just for these - looks like took some inspiration from the open-grill mod HE-6, and then added a suspension headband. Both of these things seem good. Anyone able to make it what kind of cable connector it has on the cans?

EDIT: I note they have moved forward the location of the cable connectors, and angled them forwards slightly, good ergonomic improvements we've seen previously in the 560.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back