HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated
Aug 29, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #91 of 148
Where are we at on the West Coast tour?

Maxvla is sending them to the next person after me. I'm passing as I just had the HeadAmp audition pair and had enough time to evaluate them.

Compared them to my HE-6, which they did favorably but still prefer the HE-6, even for comfort believe it or not. The early HFM phones fit me well. I also am auditioning the HE-400i against my HE-400 and prefer the HE-400 as well. Bit more bassier and pretty much equal otherwise. Guess I'm fortunate in that the comfort of the early units is a non issue to me.

Aug 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #92 of 148
West coast pair will be going to roadcykler this weekend, as the 2 people after me have already auditioned the HE-560.

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #93 of 148

Where are we at on the West Coast tour?

Maxvla is sending them to the next person after me. I'm passing as I just had the HeadAmp audition pair and had enough time to evaluate them.

Compared them to my HE-6, which they did favorably but still prefer the HE-6, even for comfort believe it or not. The early HFM phones fit me well. I also am auditioning the HE-400i against my HE-400 and prefer the HE-400 as well. Bit more bassier and pretty much equal otherwise. Guess I'm fortunate in that the comfort of the early units is a non issue to me.

Cool, looks like that would be me. 
wink_face.gif
  How long ago did he get them so I can plan?

I got a small chance to hear them during Justin's tour, but received a broken cable which burnt up most of my time to audition them while waiting for a replacement. With this pair, I am hoping to hear it balanced on my Mjolnir as I would typically listen to them as the other tour didn't include the balanced cable. In addition, I am planning a mini-meet to hear them on some much nicer equipment, get second opinions, and compare them to other TOTL HPs to add to another thread I am running.

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #94 of 148
  Cool, looks like that would be me. 
wink_face.gif
  How long ago did he get them so I can plan?

I got a small chance to hear them during Justin's tour, but received a broken cable which burnt up most of my time to audition them while waiting for a replacement. With this pair, I am hoping to hear it balanced on my Mjolnir as I would typically listen to them as the other tour didn't include the balanced cable. In addition, I am planning a mini-meet to hear them on some much nicer equipment, get second opinions, and compare them to other TOTL HPs to add to another thread I am running.

Ambitious...

I like it! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #95 of 148
HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 10, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #96 of 148
Please remove me from the list, I have been busy with work and study and will be for quite some time. As a result I do not feel that I can do a proper review like I had intended. I guess I will just have to wait around longer until I get a listen. 

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #97 of 148
WEST COAST TOUR: I got the west coast tour kit yesterday and did a quick review. Unfortunately, timing turned out to be bad with the house filling up tomorrow with out of town guests for a week. Will be packing back up to send on tomorrow morning. However, I did get a chance to audition them with my balanced Mjolnir as well as my new GO720 to check out their pairing. Unfortunately, this does undermine my plans to hear it paired with the Eddie Current 2a3 and Zana Duex as well as the BH Crack in a group review setting. I will be posting my review notes in the next few days.

BTW, while the box appears to have become a tape blob, the expected contents all seem to be there and the equipment is in relatively good shape. However, taped to the inner box is a warning to check against an inventory list that doesn't seem to be included. So for those interested and to declare contents, this is what I found:
  1. Fancy Case: Inside the inner box including:
    1. HE560
    2. SE Cable
  2. Accessories: Floating inside the main box outside the inner box:
    1. Bag 1: Extra Single Ended Cable in Pouch (unopened)
    2. Bag 2: Two balanced cables with balanced extension each. Tried extension thinking it was SE extension, but only played one channel. Examining the plug, it has extra sections so I believe it is for a balanced setup such as for the balanced 901.
      1. Manuals: The manuals and inserts were also in this bag.
    3. Bag 3: Extra ear cushions. (unopened)
    4. Bag 4: Two pairs of ear cushions. (unopened)

I will be packing it back up the way I found it to avoid confusion. Was afraid to try the different cushion as I didn't want to break any tabs or anything.

Sep 26, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #98 of 148
Threads been quiet lately. Any updates on the East Coast pair?

Sep 27, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #99 of 148
+1 ... What's everybody doing with these -- using them as pillow cases!!? C'mon guys keep the "in-home" impressions coming -- which is the whole point of this exercise. Impromptu impressions are better than no impressions at all. Let's hear about it ...

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #100 of 148
The east coast pair is with Kunlun right now.

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #101 of 148
Any chance Hifiman might do a 901 tour?

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #102 of 148
Please take me off the list.  I didn't calculate how long it would take to make it through everyone and I have lost interest. :frowning2:

Nov 5, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #105 of 148
Status update on where these cans are please? I feel like there's been radio silence for a very long time here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back