= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 20, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #20,642 of 21,179
I was finally able to tighten the mini coaxial connector with the help of some needle nose pliers to get a solid connection. Hopefully it will not loosen over time.

If you haven't tried it already & in case you were unaware of it - for intermittent or reduced volume issues often what seems like loose connection is actually just oxidation building up- may want to try some deoxit (dielectric type) or similar product first next time. Not had any problems with the 560 yet, but with several MMCX connects and even the Sennheiser HD25 it fixed the issue for me.

May 18, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #20,646 of 21,179
Mine's also experiencing intermittent connection. How to apply deoxit? Can i use wd40?
Deoxit yes, WD-40 definitely no. I always spray the end of the cable, not the jack. I know it is volatile and evaporates. But I don’t want to risk leaving any residue on drivers, especially planars. Might not hear much difference, try 2 - 3 times. If still no, problem’s somewhere else — inside cans or other part of chain. Inside wiring to jack at either end seems next most likely.

May 18, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #20,649 of 21,179
Now i know my hearing must be gone. I’ve heard once, you’ve gone hekv2 you can’t go back to he560. Well.. I kept my he560 and I’m listening to them and they sound pretty sweet!
I own both. To my ears , HEKv2 is more linear and more detailed. That said, I still enjoy HE-560. More V-shape tonality, and a spooky airy headstage. They’re just different animals to my ears.

May 18, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #20,650 of 21,179
I own both. To my ears , HEKv2 is more linear and more detailed. That said, I still enjoy HE-560. More V-shape tonality, and a spooky airy headstage. They’re just different animals to my ears.

Yes sir and I still own mine as well, I agree with you, I find the V2 more detailed as well as having a deeper soundstage, but wow for the price it’s hard to beat a 560 and I only paid 1300 for my v2. I almost sold my 560 for 225 on here but it never sold! And I’m now very glad it didn’t! Like you said it’s very airy and images nicely as well. My fav four are Hek HD800’s ad7200 and he560.

May 18, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #20,651 of 21,179
Now i know my hearing must be gone. I’ve heard once, you’ve gone hekv2 you can’t go back to he560. Well.. I kept my he560 and I’m listening to them and they sound pretty sweet!

I listen to the HE-500 with a lot of enjoyment, even in the face the HEX v2, HE-6, HEK v2. HFM makes a lot of great cans. And this is a great hobby, because you can extoll the 560 as a near equal to the HEK v2 and I can say that it's not remotely in the class of any of the cans in my list above. If the 560 was mouthwash it would be the astringent and unpleasant Listerine. But just my opinion on 560 v1 and v2.

May 18, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #20,653 of 21,179
...If the 560 was mouthwash it would be the astringent and unpleasant Listerine...
Yep, great hobby. You took the words right out of my mouth except I would have said:

If T1 2nd gen were mouthwash it would be the astringent and unpleasant Listerine.

See how that works — you get to trash the equipment you don’t like. :wink:

May 19, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #20,654 of 21,179
Hey I agree this hobby is so subjective to each person. Just for clarity sake, I do believe hekv2 is on another level, it’s just that to my ears the he560 still holds up pretty nicely :)

I think there's a tendency to exaggerate the difference between higher 'tier'/price headphones on these forums... or maybe I'm just not picky enough? I haven't heard many high-price cans, but (at least since I got a somewhat proper desk amp in the Corda Rock FF which seems to reduce the treble brittleness that is my main issue) I wouldn't say v1 HE-560 is so far off from my Focal Clear, other than in build quality, I'm not sure I'd even say it's an obvious 'step down' really , besides which the Clear has its own flaws.

Mine's also experiencing intermittent connection. How to apply deoxit? Can i use wd40?

Brush a thin coating of non-conductive/plastic safe type deoxit on the plug (personally would not use aerosol), insert, rotate gently, remove, wipe off, repeat a few times. I don't think WD40 is a good idea, its petroleum, not necessairly plastic/rubber safe and tends to spread and collect dust. Isopropyl Alcohol/Contact Cleaner might work but they tend to evaporate very quickly and seep into things.

If you have access to a multimeter it might be a good idea to check the continuity before buying deoxit... the oxidation issue most common w/ IEMs because proximity to skin, though brass/copper still at risk particularly in humid/saltwater adjacent environments

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #20,655 of 21,179
Yep, great hobby. You took the words right out of my mouth except I would have said:

If T1 2nd gen were mouthwash it would be the astringent and unpleasant Listerine.

See how that works — you get to trash the equipment you don’t like. :wink:

Absolutely! Have at it. I do admit to being puzzled by the fandom the 560 has. I am astonished by the fandom of the LCD-2. Different folks and different strokes they say....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back