= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jun 15, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #17,761 of 21,171
I have the he560 since it was launched but the headband are flaking due to the Asian's weather and was wondering where can I get another source for replacement.
I wrote to Hifiman, they wont sell it to me but will provide a service which will cost US50 (replacement) and another US30 for shipping back to me and not including shipping to them...
This, I am not surprised and I'm saddened by the way they conduct their business. Think I will drop them from my list for new headphone.

This is the 2nd time, the 1st time when my 1st hifiman he300 had one side of the driver that when dead, asking to buy a driver for them and was rejected.

So any folks here had any idea to get a replacement band, not the metal part just the leather like material..
pls provide a link..

thanks

Jun 15, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #17,763 of 21,171
Idk bro. Sounds like you're getting a new pair?
I have the he560 since it was launched but the headband are flaking due to the Asian's weather and was wondering where can I get another source for replacement.
I wrote to Hifiman, they wont sell it to me but will provide a service which will cost US50 (replacement) and another US30 for shipping back to me and not including shipping to them...
This, I am not surprised and I'm saddened by the way they conduct their business. Think I will drop them from my list for new headphone.

This is the 2nd time, the 1st time when my 1st hifiman he300 had one side of the driver that when dead, asking to buy a driver for them and was rejected.

So any folks here had any idea to get a replacement band, not the metal part just the leather like material..
pls provide a link..

thanks

Jun 15, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #17,764 of 21,171

pls provide a link..

thanks

One possibility is to order the headband made by @Lohb, its mainly for the LCD series but I've seen it used on Hifiman headphones as well. Another option that I was looking at is to buy the HE350 and just use it for parts.

This issue of Hifiman not selling parts and making the user spend so much extra to ship a headphone to them and then pay for the shipping back makes no sense, maybe they have some stock in shipping companies. FWIW I probably will not buy another Hifiman headphone due to these types of bone-head stupid polices that some manufactures have.

Jun 21, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #17,766 of 21,171
So, I got a confirmation over from the seller that it is indeed new and comes with warranty. Tried to get in touch with HiFi Man, yet to get a response. The Walmart plan does state that warranty would start after the first year, which means in the off chance that the device stops working after 30 days (30 days return is there), then I'll have to wait after 1 year to send for repair.
By the way, I received the headphones. They are the newer version (2.5 mm connectors); however, I am finding that the box is different from the ones which I have seen (the ones with metal in the front). I'm attaching the image of the cover along with the cover version which I have seen in reviews. Do let me know, if the newer versions are coming with this cover or not:
1. The cover seen in review:
hifiman-he-560-review-8.jpg

2. The cover which I've got:
Iqe4iTl

Imgur link below in case, the image is not coming:
http://imgur.com/a/21gy0

Can anyone check and let me know, if the cover, which I have received is original or not.
How are the headphones? Was it brand new and latest version or old/refurbished? Is this a legit deal? If everything was good I'll probably get them as well

Jun 21, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #17,767 of 21,171
How are the headphones? Was it brand new and latest version or old/refurbished? Is this a legit deal? If everything was good I'll probably get them as well

It seemed brand new. It was the latest version with 2.5 mm connector. Both the seller and Walmart told me it comes with 1-year warranty. But, I don't think the warranty would be honored by HiFi Man though, as the seller is not in the authorized dealer list. 3-year Walmart care plan is highly recommended at this point.

With regards to the sound quality, my friend received it, and he unfortunately had to power it directly from his laptop (as he has no amp; I would be receiving this only later, once he comes, as I'm not in US) . I had requested him to run the headphone test

He mentioned that only from 20Hz, he was able to hear, and when running the bass shaker test, there seems to be a rattle (this is the term the site mentioned above uses)both at the start and at the end, from the left ear piece. It seems to work better than apple earbuds (the only other IEM/HP, he has on hand) when listening to music (admittedly, a very very low bar to clear :p) . And also, seems like he had the rattling issue on the apple earbuds as well.

I'm assuming this could be because of the lack of amping (as bass is likely to be affected a lot, with very low power). So, hopefully the headphone works fine. (for all other tests and music, it seemed to work fine).

I would say go ahead and buy. I'm not planning to return this (30 day return window) , and instead will buy the 3-year extended care plan

PS: Would be great, if someone having the HE-560, could try plugging it in directly to a PC/Laptop/Mobile phone and run the headphone test, and let us know,whether my assumption is right that the rattle is because of the setup, and not because of the headphone?

Jun 21, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #17,768 of 21,171
It seemed brand new. It was the latest version with 2.5 mm connector. Both the seller and Walmart told me it comes with 1-year warranty. But, I don't think the warranty would be honored by HiFi Man though, as the seller is not in the authorized dealer list. 3-year Walmart care plan is highly recommended at this point.

With regards to the sound quality, my friend received it, and he unfortunately had to power it directly from his laptop (as he has no amp; I would be receiving this only later, once he comes, as I'm not in US) . I had requested him to run the headphone test

He mentioned that only from 20Hz, he was able to hear, and when running the bass shaker test, there seems to be a rattle (this is the term the site mentioned above uses)both at the start and at the end, from the left ear piece. It seems to work better than apple earbuds (the only other IEM/HP, he has on hand) when listening to music (admittedly, a very very low bar to clear :p) . And also, seems like he had the rattling issue on the apple earbuds as well.

I'm assuming this could be because of the lack of amping (as bass is likely to be affected a lot, with very low power). So, hopefully the headphone works fine. (for all other tests and music, it seemed to work fine).

I would say go ahead and buy. I'm not planning to return this (30 day return window) , and instead will buy the 3-year extended care plan

PS: Would be great, if someone having the HE-560, could try plugging it in directly to a PC/Laptop/Mobile phone and run the headphone test, and let us know,whether my assumption is right that the rattle is because of the setup, and not because of the headphone?
Thanks for the answer, great help! I'm also using a friend in the US to buy it for me and then bring it back with him, so I'll only be able to purchase it in a week or two. I'd be very interested in knowing how it turned out once you receive it, so please give an update when that happens (hopefully you'll receive it before I can purchase mine :)).

Jun 21, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #17,769 of 21,171
I also purchased the HE 560 from Walmart. I was initially hesitant due to the seller having no feedback and the price appearing too good to be true. I contacted the seller, and they assured me that it's the new model with 2.5 mm connections. I went ahead and bought it.

The headphones are packaged in a nice looking box, but it's not the wooden one that previous iterations came in. The headphones appeared to be new and for the price I can't really complain. I was horrified to try on headphones and have the sound cut off from the right side. There was only sound for the first few minutes and I was never able to get it working again. I tried a different cable and still no sound. I was starting to regret the purchase, but I contacted the seller and they emailed a prepaid return label. I mailed out the defective pair and am still waiting on my replacement.

Jun 21, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #17,770 of 21,171
Good to hear people are getting the headphones and the seller is responding to inquiries. How long did it take your purchases to process? I bought the Walmart deal too after seeing reports some were getting their phones (just too wild to pass up) but it has been processing for 5 days...

Jun 21, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #17,771 of 21,171
Good to hear people are getting the headphones and the seller is responding to inquiries. How long did it take your purchases to process? I bought the Walmart deal too after seeing reports some were getting their phones (just too wild to pass up) but it has been processing for 5 days...

I don't think the Walmart tracking is accurate. I placed the order on 6/6 and received the headphones on 6/11. Original estimate said they would arrive between 6/14 and 6/19

Jun 22, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #17,773 of 21,171
wanna buy one, but seems that there is never a discount on it. :triportsad:

Well there's kind of a $500 discount on them right now at walmart...
I don't think the Walmart tracking is accurate. I placed the order on 6/6 and received the headphones on 6/11. Original estimate said they would arrive between 6/14 and 6/19

You were right, it was processing and then immediately delivered! Awesome.

Jun 26, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #17,775 of 21,171
So I returned my defective he560 to Walmart and got a refund. I'm debating whether I should give them another try at $400, or go with the m1060.

I've read conflicting reviews. Most seem to say that the he560 are better, but they reportedly require a powerful amp to reach their full potential. I currently have a schiit magni 2/modi 2 stack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back