= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Feb 10, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #17,506 of 21,179
Only one I could find on the web.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B00CHIJTO6/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Cheers

The best amp i have ever heard with the HE-560 is the Yulong Sabre A18 amp. It's discontinued now, so see if you can one second hand or on sale.
The Airist Audio Heron 5 is also spectacular with the HE-560s. Same foes for the MicroZotl-2. The Cayin iHA-6 is also an excellent pairing.

All of these are well within your budget.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #17,507 of 21,179
The best amp i have ever heard with the HE-560 is the Yulong Sabre A18 amp. It's discontinued now, so see if you can one second hand or on sale.
The Airist Audio Heron 5 is also spectacular with the HE-560s. Same foes for the MicroZotl-2. The Cayin iHA-6 is also an excellent pairing.

Only one I could find on the web.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B00CHIJTO6/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Cheers

"Just launched" seller = would not risk buying from that guy

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #17,509 of 21,179
  I was wondering, what would be a nice upgrade from a Gustard H10 for my HE 560 + Bimby. I wanted to go for Eddie Current BW, but it's unavailable.
Price limit : 1500€.
Nice to have : European distributor.
Thanks!

If you haven't already, what about trying upgraded opamps first?

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #17,510 of 21,179

Tried the MicroZOTL2 a few months ago, good pairing with the HE-560 along with Liquid Carbon and Hugo

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #17,511 of 21,179
Have the LC and the MicroZOTL2, both really good pairing ZOTL better (and priced accorsingly.

Feb 11, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #17,512 of 21,179

I was wondering, what would be a nice upgrade from a Gustard H10 for my HE 560 + Bimby. I wanted to go for Eddie Current BW, but it's unavailable.
Price limit : 1500€.
Nice to have : European distributor.
Thanks!

I would just go for the Cayin 1HA-6, simply because of clear, transparent and neutral sound signature. That way you get enjoy the Bimby sound signature without any additional coloration. Having lots of power in reserve also helps.

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #17,513 of 21,179
There's some HE 560 deals on Amazon UK on that look like they might be too good to be true. What do think? Does buying through Amazon provide any assurance that you're buying from a bona fide seller?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00LMSR5OS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I've bought mine from in-ear.com
I received the older one (sonically identical) but with the older connectors and the wood box.
After a couple of weeks I noticed a slight rumble in the right ear. I sent it back and after a couple of weeks I received not only a brand new one, but from the latest gen. Adam, there, was very professional and reactive, despite the rightful delay to move package from Portugal, to Republic Czech, then perhaps to China...
So IMO if you can be sure it's the latest version, I would not worry with that particular Amazon shop.

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #17,514 of 21,179
Thanks for all the replies about amp matching. I'm going to compile it all.
Really love the look of the Phonitor 2 and Cayin 1HA-6 ! Next step would be to compare them all against the H10 :-D well, that being impossible, I'm good for some HF thread exploration.
The problem I have with my current setup (H10 + Bimby) is that I feel it's lacking some body, or thickness. I love the bass, I like the detailed treble although it get too hot on some electronic music, the sound stage is great, and the coloration is fine, but I feel I am still missing out on something that is hard to describe any other way than "lack of thickness" and sensation of not being immersed enough in the music. Playing with an EQ I could get closer to my ideal by boosting just slightly around 2K and below 500Hz, and reducing the 6khz+, but I don't like this solution too much.

Also just curious, no one mentioned Schiit amps? (They do have European distribution if you wondered)

Feb 11, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #17,515 of 21,179
Really love the look of the Phonitor 2 and Cayin 1HA-6 ! Next step would be to compare them all against the H10 :-D well, that being impossible, I'm good for some HF thread exploration.
The problem I have with my current setup (H10 + Bimby) is that I feel it's lacking some body, or thickness. I love the bass, I like the detailed treble although it get too hot on some electronic music, the sound stage is great, and the coloration is fine, but I feel I am still missing out on something that is hard to describe any other way than "lack of thickness" and sensation of not being immersed enough in the music. Playing with an EQ I could get closer to my ideal by boosting just slightly around 2K and below 500Hz, and reducing the 6khz+, but I don't like this solution too much.

Also just curious, no one mentioned Schiit amps? (They do have European distribution if you wondered)

If you want more bass and body, i would suggest going for the Airist Audio Heron 5. It makes the HE-560 sound fuller with better bass impact and smoother treble.

Feb 11, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #17,516 of 21,179

Lyr 2 with the right tubes sounds great with the HE560. Though tube rolling is highly addictive and can be very expensive.

Feb 11, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #17,517 of 21,179
Took a lot of tubes before the lyr surpassed the h10 to me. That said, the lyr is still in duty and the h10 is benched. I'm using the iha-6 in my main rig with the LC on side bar, the cayin needs a warmer dac for the 560 to me. I have the monarchy nm24 tube dac and it is quite nice. The cayin does make the mids a bit recessed in the 560. But, the cayin is far more resolving than the others. The LC has the best tone and the lyr with ccas in it has better holography than the others. Though the cayin is coming into its own. It takes forever to heat up . Part of that could be the dac as well

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #17,518 of 21,179
subbed.

i have the senn hd650...was thinking of trying the 560s for a more detailed and punchy sound.
I can get a used pair (supposedly in great condition), for US$570 shipped.
or even on amazon.ca (i'm a canuck)
https://www.amazon.ca/Hifiman-Full-Size-Magnetic-Headphones-Woodgrain/dp/B00K6JEYD4

i did have a very brief listen to these yesterday, beside the audeze lcd x.
dynamic, more detailed and punchy is my take away on he 560s.
(again very brief comparison, and i've no 'golden ears')...but from what i heard
i did like their sound sig.

just seeking something versatile for rock, blues, jazz, classical.
my equipment/ dacs: (so far) dragonfly red, chord mojo and ifi micro idsd
also have a mapletree earplus HD hp tube amp.
might be upgrading to hugo2 or other in a few months

concerns:
1/i've heard these babies require some juice to sound their best.
unsure if what i have would be sufficient.

2/value against more current models
i know they're about 3 yrs old...do they still hold their own well against more current models
from hifiman and audeze etc
(i know mr speakers is coming out with the $700 Aeon, closed planar in a month or so)

many thanks for any imput.
beerchug.gif

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #17,519 of 21,179
  subbed.

i have the senn hd650...was thinking of trying the 560s for a more detailed and punchy sound.
I can get a used pair (supposedly in great condition), for US$570 shipped.
or even on amazon.ca (i'm a canuck)
https://www.amazon.ca/Hifiman-Full-Size-Magnetic-Headphones-Woodgrain/dp/B00K6JEYD4

i did have a very brief listen to these yesterday, beside the audeze lcd x.
dynamic, more detailed and punchy is my take away on he 560s.
(again very brief comparison, and i've no 'golden ears')...but from what i heard
i did like their sound sig.

just seeking something versatile for rock, blues, jazz, classical.
my equipment/ dacs: (so far) dragonfly red, chord mojo and ifi micro idsd
also have a mapletree earplus HD hp tube amp.
might be upgrading to hugo2 or other in a few months

concerns:
1/i've heard these babies require some juice to sound their best.
unsure if what i have would be sufficient.

2/value against more current models
i know they're about 3 yrs old...do they still hold their own well against more current models
from hifiman and audeze etc
(i know mr speakers is coming out with the $700 Aeon, closed planar in a month or so)

many thanks for any imput.
beerchug.gif

HE-560 is a great complimentary headphone to the HD-650, the ifi micro idsd should power the HE-560 quite well, the Mojo was a little lacking, but the Hugo was really good.

I think they still hold their own quite well and liked them over the HE1k and HEX that a friend has.  The LCD series while quite good sounding are just a bit too heavy for me.

Feb 12, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #17,520 of 21,179
Each to his own, of course, but I had the 650, still have the 560 and the HEK, 560 was my favorite until I got the HEK, no contest (IMO), HEK just better (which it SHOULD be at more than 3 times the price).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back