= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Nov 14, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #17,237 of 21,175
  I use them for both music and gaming. I think they are great for games. I have bumped the bass in eq and the gaming expeience is total! Added a modmic that I can remove when listening to music.

I have a modmic as well but I prefer a condenser mic with arm I got from Amz for around $50. The sound is 10x better imo and never had a complaint about volume. That said I do use a Sound Blaster as the mic source to auto adjust mic volume level. Pretty overkill but I don't have to fight with an extra cable or worry about the mic being right since its pretty much sit and forget.

The 560 definitely benefits with a sub bass boost for more punch and presence. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #17,238 of 21,175
idk, i was leaning towards using bass boost, but i just got a balanced cable with the jot and 560, to my ears it doesn't seem quite as bright, bass a little more present, the soundstage funkiness i disliked before is gone, i don't think i need to boost bass at all in gaming.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #17,239 of 21,175
  idk, i was leaning towards using bass boost, but i just got a balanced cable with the jot and 560, to my ears it doesn't seem quite as bright, bass a little more present, the soundstage funkiness i disliked before is gone, i don't think i need to boost bass at all in gaming.

Does the Jot have a software bass boost in windows? 

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #17,241 of 21,175

I always found the bass in the 560 to be the best bass I've heard in a planar. Really actually miss it right now that I sold them.

Nov 20, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #17,245 of 21,175
  Maybe a Nuforce HA-200, and I can buy a second one later. I already have a Little Dot MK II, but I like an accurate amp as well as a smooth one.

I would suggest a tube/hybrid for the HE-560 since for some it can be bright or a warm SS amp like the Gustard H10.  I like my Lyr2 with the HE-560 but the best was on a friends Liquid Glass or EC Balancing Act.  I know these amps are pricy and very much diminishing returns but if you can afford them the HE-560 will scale up some.

Nov 20, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #17,249 of 21,175
  I have tubes covered with the MK II. I'm looking for SS amplification.

I was in the same boat about a month ago.  Decided to search for a good SS amp because all I had were three OTL amps.  I went with the Gustard H10 and I have been quite happy with it.  I know there are more expensive SS options out there but for the amount of power this thing puts out and how well it pairs with my HE560's, I don't see myself looking at any SS upgrades for quite a long time.  Good luck with your search.

Nov 20, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #17,250 of 21,175
  I was in the same boat about a month ago.  Decided to search for a good SS amp because all I had were three OTL amps.  I went with the Gustard H10 and I have been quite happy with it.  I know there are more expensive SS options out there but for the amount of power this thing puts out and how well it pairs with my HE560's, I don't see myself looking at any SS upgrades for quite a long time.  Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the reply! I am considering it, but if I'm dropping that much on an amp I'd prefer for it to be balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back