1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jerg, Mar 25, 2014.
  1. Jazic

I've had the HD700 and they are awesome for gaming but imo the 560's blow them out of the water. The soundstage might not be quite as expansive as the HD700 but the detail and clarity is just much much better. Being able to pin point locations of sounds sources is much easier and better on the 560. 

I personally use my 560's for gaming, music and movies and regular day to go youtubing. I also add some warmth to the sound sig with my CEntrance M8 by using the impedance switch and bass boost. It adds some decay in the lower end that the 560 desperately lacks. That said the HD700's need some lower end impact as well but maybe not quite to the same extent since they aren't as bright on the upper end as the 560's. 

2. akg fanboy

I own both and I can say the hd700 definitely has some emphasized bass. It doesn't go as deep as the he560 but in no way would the hd700 lack detail and bass to my ears

3. Jazic

It's not lacking it's just that (to my ears) orthodynamic's tend to be incredible detail monsters. I can pick up nuances with the 560's that I didn't notice with the HD700. 

It could just be that I prefer slightly more intimate soundstage than the HD700 so as for anyone reading this take it as an opinion and with a grain of salt. :)

4. akg fanboy

I haven't done a head on comparison yet but on separate listening sessions I never got a sense of higher or lower clarity. Might do a head on comparison to see if planars do micro detailing better

5. DavidA
    we all hear differently, that's why there are so many different headphones made.  To me the HD-700 has more details than the HE-560 and it might also be due to the treble/highs perception of both headphones.

6. Guidostrunk
    I'd have to agree with you. The problem for me with the 700's, is the midrange. Seems extremely recessed in comparison to the 560's.

7. Mingus Ah Um
    I agree with this assessment.  I have been using the 650's for the past 3 years and about 3 weeks ago I bought the HE560's with the Gustard H10.  The 560 is a very nice compliment to the 650's because they each present the sound differently.  The 560 is definitely a faster headphone while the 650 is more laid back.  I've spend a significant amount of time comparing the two headphones over the past three weeks trying to determine which one I prefer.  So far it's a toss up, although I'm leaning toward the 560's but I'm thinking that may be because it's the new toy.  

I've found myself preferring the bass on the 560 over the 650 as well.  

8. DavidA
    One thing that affects the mids is the amp used, I used to like the HD-700 with my Ember but lately its been the BH Crack that is my amp of choice for them.  The -560 sounds best on my Lyr2, a slightly better sound stage, bass and details than from my Ember and really don't go with the BH Crack.

9. Rdrcr

100% agreed.

Mike

10. Jazic

I love the Lyr 2 for more detail, soundstage and sub bass. I have the Mojo and CEntrance M8 and like pairing the Lyr 2 with the CEntrance due to its ability to add some bass.

11. Guidostrunk
    I used a Lyr , with the most midrange oriented tubes on the planet; Valvo CCa (Heerlen)yellow print. And by far , I prefer the 560's with my mjolnir 1, in every aspect. Don't get me wrong. I like the 700's , a lot. I bought them 3 different times. Lol.
    Definitely prefer them over the 800's.

For now, the 560's , give me pretty much all the cans I've previously owned in one can. The only can I'd get to replace them would be HE1000. And I'm not real eager to make that move yet.

Cheers

12. doctorjazz
    Stay away from the HEK... Since I got it, the 560 (which was my go to) sits pretty much unused (keep it around for comparison in reviews of similarly priced cans).

13. Guidostrunk
    LOL. Seeing some of the used prices on here , is making it difficult. $1700 is an awesome price, given the fact of what retail was.

14. DavidA
    not really, some of the early owners got some great deals, a friend got one brand new for $2100, kept it for a few months and decided she didn't really care for the sound signature so she sold it for $2300

15. Guidostrunk
    Haven't seen it cheaper.