= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Mar 23, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #15,634 of 21,171
Yep, nobody can take this decision for you.

Best is to try them at a headphone meet or a shop that has them.
You can't go wrong with both of them in regards to audio quality. 

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #15,635 of 21,171
They both sound great, if you're into electronic, pop, hip/hop or rap get the Audeze because they're more forgiving. Classical, rock, metal, jazz, acoustic, get the Hifiman.

If you're looking for neutral to neutral/bright go with the hifiman. If you like a lot emotion/bass the Audeze are your phones.
Away from the comfort

I am talking about the sound quality :)

Mar 23, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #15,636 of 21,171
  HI all :)
Please .. I'm still confused as to HE-560 or LCD-2 
confused_face_2.gif

I use for 50% Movies and 50% Music

We must decide soon, I'll buy one of headphones
PLZ Help

*Sorry for my bad ENG*

I have both, The HE-560 are an ..AMAZING value. Its a headphone that grows on you - and if you go back to your previous headphones, and you go argh...what am I listening to! - They need to be matched with a good amp / dac to sound best. They don't excel in any one specific thing, but the HE-560 provides a good balance of highs, lows, (mids almost). Its like buying a Corvette (lcd-2, fast in stright line), vs a Lotus Elise (decent fast, corners well, light, brakes well, and will probably beat a corvette on a track) 

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #15,637 of 21,171

I have both, The HE-560 are an ..AMAZING value. Its a headphone that grows on you - and if you go back to your previous headphones, and you go argh...what am I listening to! - They need to be matched with a good amp / dac to sound best.

Much agreed.

Mike

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #15,638 of 21,171
Hello every one
I have a philips fidelio x2 headphone with NFB-11 and every thing is good for me but i decided to upgrade and experience something more impressive.
A few days ago i asked for help from you because i am confused between HE-560 and LCD-2 headphone.
My important question is: i want you to compare between X2 and HE-560 in terms of the bass and the soundstage because my use is for movies and music
Thank you very much

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #15,639 of 21,171
  Hello every one
I have a philips fidelio x2 headphone with NFB-11 and every thing is good for me but i decided to upgrade and experience something more impressive.
A few days ago i asked for help from you because i am confused between HE-560 and LCD-2 headphone.
My important question is: i want you to compare between X2 and HE-560 in terms of the bass and the soundstage because my use is for movies and music
Thank you very much

Since you also asked this in the LCD-2 thread I'll put one answer here.

First, are the LCD-2 and HE-560 the only 2 headphones that are available to you?  Neither is very good with movies IMO but if I had to chose one it would be the HE-560 due to its wider sound stage and much more comfortable over a longer period.

I had the X2 for a few weeks and returned them as they were similar enough to the X1 that I had.  The X2 is closer in sound signature to the LCD-2 while the HE-560 would be fairly different from what you have been accustom to with the X2, it might seem a little lite on the bass.

As I posted in the LCD-2 thread, for movies its hard to beat a HD-700 since it has a wide sound stage, is easily driven by most AVRs and is one of the most comfortable headphones around.  The other headphones that I like for watching movies are a modified SR-225e, SRH-1840, and a SennGrado build.

For music it is what kind of sound you like and the genres that you listen to.

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #15,640 of 21,171
  Since you also asked this in the LCD-2 thread I'll put one answer here.

First, are the LCD-2 and HE-560 the only 2 headphones that are available to you?  Neither is very good with movies IMO but if I had to chose one it would be the HE-560 due to its wider sound stage and much more comfortable over a longer period.

I had the X2 for a few weeks and returned them as they were similar enough to the X1 that I had.  The X2 is closer in sound signature to the LCD-2 while the HE-560 would be fairly different from what you have been accustom to with the X2, it might seem a little lite on the bass.

As I posted in the LCD-2 thread, for movies its hard to beat a HD-700 since it has a wide sound stage, is easily driven by most AVRs and is one of the most comfortable headphones around.  The other headphones that I like for watching movies are a modified SR-225e, SRH-1840, and a SennGrado build.

For music it is what kind of sound you like and the genres that you listen to.

Thank you very much for your response
They are my only choices in my country
Are the bass in HE-560 is weak, as they say ?
I ask you to clarify the bass in HE-560 more please

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #15,641 of 21,171

My thought is that the 560 is pretty balanced or neutral if you will. I tend to think that people that say the bass on the 560 is "weak" are coming from headphones, or have a preference for bass heavy response. If your program material contains bass, the 560 reproduces it quite well. Much better than the X2, if one is looking for natural bass with a balanced, and detailed presentation.
If you are looking for a headphone with emphasized bass, the 560 is not what you want. However I don't think it is bass shy or recessed or weak either. Of course this is using them with my equipment and listening to my musical preferences with my ears and brain.

BTW, I have never used them to listen to a movie. I have never found any headphones that do justice to a movie soundtrack with lots of low frequency effects. None touch my home theater with a couple of 15 inch subs tuned to the room and each having 1500 watts of amplification...
very_evil_smiley.gif

It is too bad that you can't listen to them. No one can tell you if the bass, or any other part of the sound will be to your liking or not. But I will repeat, I do not find the HE 560 to have "weak" bass!

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #15,642 of 21,171
  Hello every one
Thank you very much

You mentioned that you have the NFB-11 to amp either the HE-560 or LCD-2. In my experience, NFB-11 + HE-560 was really harsh to my ears with focus pads. I did not buy focus-a pads, but went with a new amp instead. It's not only the sibilance, but the sheer brightness of the upper mids and treble was hurting my head. You might find it OK, but if they are also too bright for you, you might have to invest some extra $$ for focus-a pads. If that still doesn't do it, you will need to match a new amp.

Mar 25, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #15,643 of 21,171

Feel sorry for you if these are your only 2 choices.

If @willowbrook says that the NFB-11 is a bright amp then I would say go with the LCD-2

To clarify the bass of the HE-560, there is bass but it is not over done.  As @mandrake50 says if the music has bass the HE-560 will render it quite well.

I think you might be better with keeping the X2 until you can either get other headphones other than the HE-560 and LCD-2 or change the amp as @willowbrook suggested

Mar 25, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #15,644 of 21,171
One more thing to thin about. I have the 560s and I would probably do a blind trade for the lcd 2s just because I want to try new stuff and I'm happy with my experiences with the 560.

Now, I can't say I won't regret that decision but I do know the grass being greener effect has me pricing earphones and seeking trades just because. The 560s in my opinion, from a price and "rep" perspective are a stop on my journey.

Mar 25, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #15,645 of 21,171

Compared to X2 560 bass is very fast, articulate and textured and it has very good extension into subbass. X2 has more midbass presence that can be nice but is far from quality of 560. 560 responds very well to eq and u can boost that region to give them more punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back