= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Mar 21, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #15,617 of 21,173
  I was hoping they were different when Koolpep mentioned that he had a new one since the changes on the HE-400i seemed to be very positive.

I did some extensive listening with the old one and right now I am listening to the new HE-560. From my memory, they sound absolutely the same. Exact same setup on both. The new connectors are wonderful, but I have a few problems again. The grills move freely on the right side because the ring is not placed tightly and the right side does not turn all the way 90 degrees. Contacted Hifiman again sigh...I wish they could step up their QC process. Their after support is phenomenal though.

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #15,618 of 21,173
  I did some extensive listening with the old one and right now I am listening to the new HE-560. From my memory, they sound absolutely the same. Exact same setup on both. The new connectors are wonderful, but I have a few problems again. The grills move freely on the right side because the ring is not placed tightly and the right side does not turn all the way 90 degrees. Contacted Hifiman again sigh...I wish they could step up their QC process. Their after support is phenomenal though.

Did you check that the 4 tabs on the retaining ring are seated properly?  I had to push quite hard to get them to seat.

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #15,619 of 21,173
  Did you check that the 4 tabs on the retaining ring are seated properly?  I had to push quite hard to get them to seat.

No matter how hard I push, the grills keep moving freely...I'm not experience enough with taking apart headphones, so don't want to take apart the ring to check. I guess simple glue will do underneath, but afraid it will break while taking the ring out.

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #15,620 of 21,173
  No matter how hard I push, the grills keep moving freely...I'm not experience enough with taking apart headphones, so don't want to take apart the ring to check. I guess simple glue will do underneath, but afraid it will break while taking the ring out.

Don't use glue, check back with HIFIman and see if they can give you a new retaining ring, it seems like one or two tabs may have broken off.  If you go back to the pictures, I show where the tabs are located and as Koolpep found they are really easy to remove, that way you can verify if the tabs are not installed or broken.

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #15,621 of 21,173
  Don't use glue, check back with HIFIman and see if they can give you a new retaining ring, it seems like one or two tabs may have broken off.  If you go back to the pictures, I show where the tabs are located and as Koolpep found they are really easy to remove, that way you can verify if the tabs are not installed or broken.

I used a credit card and it seems to just pop out real easy. Credit card seems to work for everything haha. The 4 tabs were in good shape. I think the main culprit is that the ring is too thin to keep the grill in place. It would be nice to match the grill size to the headpones, but the grill is a little smaller in circumference. If they can send me a proper ring, I guess it's problem solved :) I don't know how to go on about fixing the right side not turning all the way. I guess it's not a big problem, but small things tend to irritate me so...
frown.gif

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #15,623 of 21,173
You could do a grill mod and make it fit tight without the use of the retaining ring, its what I did for my HE-400 and HE-400i, been to lazy to make another grill for the HE-560, I have all the metal grill material, silk organza fabric, and spray on adhesive to do them

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #15,624 of 21,173
  You could do a grill mod and make it fit tight without the use of the retaining ring, its what I did for my HE-400 and HE-400i, been to lazy to make another grill for the HE-560, I have all the metal grill material, silk organza fabric, and spray on adhesive to do them

I like to keep everything in original condition, but thanks for the suggestion though ^^

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #15,626 of 21,173
I'd go for the hifiman for the soundstage over the audeze. It's also easy to get a used one for $200 less.

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #15,628 of 21,173
Porque No Los Dos?

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #15,629 of 21,173
HI all :)

Please .. I'm still confused as to HE-560 or LCD-2 :confused_face_2:

I use for 50% Movies and 50% Music

We must decide soon, I'll buy one of headphones

PLZ Help

*Sorry for my bad ENG*

Both are very good, have them both and like them both. But I like the hifimans sound just a bit more. Also, it's more comfortable. But it leaks sound more than the lcd2. Soundstage is better with hifiman. Driven with the right amp the bass is comparable. I prefer the pleather pads with the hifimans as I feel they bring out more bottom end and make it a more pleasing headphone.

Cheers.

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #15,630 of 21,173
  ths :)
choose one ?

He said go for the hifiman. I don't know what you're expecting in the HE-560 forum. You asked this question some time ago. I heard Audeze has many versions of the same product, a lot of driver failures and inconsistent frequency response. That alone just kept me away from Audeze. HE-560 is lighter and cheaper at least. Give both a listen first, different headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back