= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jul 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #4,786 of 21,171
Pretty much all planars seem to have basically flat bass. What sets them apart is distortion and extension it seems. And of course the relative amount of bass compared to upper mids/treble.

Jul 8, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #4,787 of 21,171
Pretty much all planars seem to have basically flat bass. What sets them apart is distortion and extension it seems. And of course the relative amount of bass compared to upper mids/treble.

HE-500 vs LCD-2 (for example): a big difference in terms of transients and decays... HE-500 somewhat slower and a bit fatter bass (less flat it seemed to me), LCD-2 significantly faster and more precise bass (tighter, cleaner, flatter).

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #4,788 of 21,171
Yes, I did both, then tried again to load it in my cart, plus called many times and left messages.

that is unfortunate. for me, it was pretty straight forward. I thought the deal can't be right. a just released pair for 20% off. that is unlikely. I saw Jamey Warren's post that there were many that they should have excluded for this sale, but he just ended up saying that a few of the folks that were able to get the code to work, to enjoy the purchase. so I first put tried SE846, and it worked. Out of experiment, I tried HE560 next, and it worked as well, so I decided to make the purchase.

I would still give it a try and see if they are reachable by phone today. I do not know their operations, but it seemed like from what I heard someone was still able to get the deal to go through by phone, so I would try phone and PM to Jamey Warren, as someone have said he is the CEO. Couldn't hurt in my opinion. Good luck!

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #4,789 of 21,171
Originally Posted by woody88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw Jamey Warren's post that there were many that they should have excluded for this sale, but he just ended up saying that a few of the folks that were able to get the code to work, to enjoy the purchase.

I would still give it a try and see if they are reachable by phone today. I do not know their operations, but it seemed like from what I heard someone was still able to get the deal to go through by phone, so I would try phone and PM to Jamey Warren, as someone have said he is the CEO. Couldn't hurt in my opinion. Good luck!

Yup, Mike, a rep there, said the same thing. "It was a learning experience for us." Even though they've been around for awhile the "website design is new".

The coupon is now expired, but maybe they'll still do it. Mention Head-Fi and the details. Yeah, people were able to do it through the phone. He IS the CEO. I'm not going to give his email, but I'll give you his direct number at the company (as you could do this on your own anyway I'm sure).

406-587-9466  extension.101

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #4,790 of 21,171
No need to worry about HE-560's quantity of bass. It's not a bass-lite headphone, heck it's not even a bass neutral headphone.  Its bass is ever so slightly elevated above neutral, plus it extends all the way down.  HD600 can't do that.

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #4,791 of 21,171
  No need to worry about HE-560's quantity of bass. It's not a bass-lite headphone, heck it's not even a bass neutral headphone.  Its bass is ever so slightly elevated above neutral, plus it extends all the way down.  HD600 can't do that.

That's what MLE said about the Annie, lol.

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #4,793 of 21,171
Hi,
For people who has signed up on our HE-560 touring event, i have updated the current sign up list. 

If you haven't, please hurry and reply to the thread below. The deadline is on midnight July 10th.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/725559/hifiman-he-560-us-touring-event-sign-up-list-updated

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 8, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #4,794 of 21,171
I was able to purchase with 20% off yesterday from headroom . Their customer service was super good. But still we will have to pay 15% restocking fee if we don't like them :frowning2: hopefully there are better than Alpha Dogs headphones

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #4,795 of 21,171
Well even straight out from a portable Hugo I prefer HE6 over HE560, not to mention it will be able to scale better...

Which able to scale better?
I bet they both able to scale better, and it will be a matter of preference, as they will have different strengths..
Like was posted before, this may be more of a "side-grade" than anything. .

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #4,796 of 21,171
Which able to scale better?
I bet they both able to scale better, and it will be a matter of preference, as they will have different strengths..
Like was posted before, this may be more of a "side-grade" than anything. .

Side grade from what can? If you mean from the 500 then I doubt it is a side-grade as the overall view from experienced reviewers is that the 560 is the better of the two. This is subjective, but I have read enough to feel confident that this is an upgrade from the 500. Perhaps not a massive one, but noticeable from what I have read. My 560 shipped out 2 hours ago so hopefully by the weekend I will hear for myself.

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #4,797 of 21,171
I was able to purchase with 20% off yesterday from headroom . Their customer service was super good. But still we will have to pay 15% restocking fee if we don't like them :frowning2: hopefully there are better than Alpha Dogs headphones

You are a lucky guy.
You won't have to pay restocking fee when you can sell it in forums easily more than you paid.

Anyway I doubt you will go back to an AlphaDog as it is far superior. .

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #4,798 of 21,171
Arrived in Belgium. With luck it'll be cleared tomorrow and with me by Thursday!
So hyped :D

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #4,799 of 21,171
Arrived in Belgium. With luck it'll be cleared tomorrow and with me by Thursday!
So hyped
biggrin.gif

Hey a fellow Belgian. I had to pay 50€ to DHL

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #4,800 of 21,171

Hey a fellow Belgian. I had to pay 50€ to DHL

It's going over to Czech Republic. Regardless, I expect some custom fees but hopefully nothing major 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back