= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jul 1, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #4,156 of 21,171
  ^^ Then I'd say that you do believe in burn in. 
biggrin.gif

Oh boy, let's not go there again on this thread! Last time it took several pages before we got back to the 560s!!

I think it's relevant, if it's a common "impression" that they sound different after some burn-in. And we won't know if that impression is common, unless people post things saying that's their impression.

However, I am reminded of the old joke, "Who are you going to believe ... me, or your eyes???"

Or in this case, "what are you going to believe ... a belief that burn-in usually isn't real, or your ears?" 

Personally, although I'm skeptical, I think it's wise to "respect the burn-in." The phenomenon is either real, or not. (For any given kind of hardware.) If it's real, and you "finalize your impressions" at 10 hours, then your (initial) impressions may be off-base compared to the impressions that you would have made at say 200 hours. And if the sound changes, it could get better, or it could get worse. On the other hand, if there is no real burn-in phenom, but you patiently wait 200 hours anyway before serious listening ... then your impression is "right," but you (unnecessarily) delayed coming to that conclusion by 200 hrs of clock time. A possibly wrong mis-read on a moving target, vs (delayed but) always right ... easy choice IMO. 

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #4,157 of 21,171
I just got the new audio advisor catalog and they say they have the 560 in stock but in the picture and stats they describe and show the preorder version

1. Extremely efficient single-ended planar design
  2. Easier to drive than conventional planars
  3. 30% lighter than conventional planars
  4. Premium teak wood earcups
  5. Newly designed headband and beveled earpads
  6. Newly-designed crystalline copper and crystalline silver hea
    hmhe560_1.jpg

Jul 1, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #4,159 of 21,171
tongue.gif
I just got this email from Razordog...

From the RazorDog house to you. 
All of the items from order #6xxx have now been shipped:

1x HiFiMAN HE-560 full-size Planar Drive Headphones *NEW!* - RazorDog! Every Day Low Price:

They are being shipped via USPS to the following address:

Followed up one minute later by:

"Label printed and tracking sent. Will release shipment ASAP on arrival of inventory later this week. Thanks!"

Man... what a tease... Ha 
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #4,160 of 21,171
What happened to my post saying that Purrin posted preliminary measurements of my 560s and I would get back later to post the full set of measurements tonight?  

It's alright if you admins want to delete posts that might stir up controversy, but it's not alright when you delete relevant posts.

Jul 1, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #4,161 of 21,171

hmhe560_2.jpg

another picture from the audio advisor catalog

I like the looks. To me they look more refined and professionally done compared to my HE-6.
I wish a new version of the HE-6 will come out with these looks....

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jul 1, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #4,162 of 21,171
What happened to my post saying that Purrin posted preliminary measurements of my 560s and I would get back later to post the full set of measurements tonight?  

It's alright if you admins want to delete posts that might stir up controversy, but it's not alright when you delete relevant posts.

I am interested in seeing general measurements and a comparison between the old vs current production. don't get why that would get deleted.

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #4,164 of 21,171

It sounds like TMRaven's post was deleted without acknowledgment made to him*. I believe if a member's post is taken down, they should be notified along with the reasoning behind the removal.

I would be very interested to see purrin's findings!!

*her?? not sure, just covering my bases. No insinuation meant!

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #4,166 of 21,171
  Hopefully we can get that by tonight.  I have given Purrin both my pre-order 560 and my production 560 and asked that he measured both.  I will post the measurements to the thread later on!

Can't wait to see them :) 

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #4,167 of 21,171
Can't you post the graphs? Oh well..

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #4,168 of 21,171
  No I was notified a little after I posted my repost.  A little late, but whatever.  Takes time for one mod to message everybody I guess.  Anyways I'm over it, I don't want another mass cleansing.

Would I be too pushy to ask why it was taken down?

Aw heck, I'll be pushy! Why was it taken down?

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #4,169 of 21,171
So is it not allowed to post measurements? Even after the final product has been released? 

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #4,170 of 21,171
  So is it not allowed to post measurements? Even after the final product has been released? 

No, measurements are still allowed as far as I know.  There were other reasons that will not be discussed here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back