= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jun 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #4,126 of 21,175

Time for news on balanced cables.
wink.gif

Is anybody who preordered / ordered from somewhere else than head-direct getting their headphones?

Preordered from Stereodesk... Still waiting
mad.gif

I hope they compensate you (me too!) with the $100 credit...

When I mentioned the $100 credit to Drew at Moon Audio, he said it was unlikely that Hifiman would be offering the credit to customers that pre-ordered through a dealer. But if Hifiman wants to throw a $100 credit my way, I'll definitely use it for something at the Head-Direct store. To me it makes sense that Hifiman would credit customers that preordered directly from them, but I tend to agree with Drew that dealers won't be given the same $100 credit to pass on to their customers.

As for balanced cables, I will be modding my stock HE-560 cable the moment I get it. I will replace the Neutrik 1/4" with a 4 pin mini-XLR that will allow me to use the HE-560 either balanced or single-ended - I have assorted adapters to allow me to use them 1/4" or 1/8" single-ended or Kobiconn (RSA/ALO), dual 3 pin XLR or single 4 pin XLR for balanced. Of course if Hifiman was to issue me a $100 credit, I might just go ahead and order a balanced cable from Head-Direct. :)

Dale

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #4,127 of 21,175
Jun 30, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #4,128 of 21,175
Of course if Hifiman was to issue me a $100 credit, I might just go ahead and order a balanced cable from Head-Direct. :)

Dale

I like that "single crystal" and read up on the superior conductivity over other 'oxygen free", so I may go for that cable..
Of course your other route of DIY a balanced connector on the cable that comes with 560 sounds better
:)

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #4,129 of 21,175
  re: pads...
Mine definitely weren't the same...  There were some aesthetic changes as well as some structural ones. 

Quick questions: are the new pads thick/deep enough to keep the driver (or at least the fabric covering of the pads) from touching your ears?  Same question, but addressing the width of the opening.  I know everyone's ears are different, but that's one thing that drives me nuts, and why I've installed AKG Q701 pads on my HE-500s.  Just wondering if I should place an order for the new pads, or wait until that inevitable day when I buy the HE-560s.

Anyone with the rev. 2/final version, please chime in.  Thanks.

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #4,130 of 21,175

Quick questions: are the new pads thick/deep enough to keep the driver (or at least the fabric covering of the pads) from touching your ears?  Same question, but addressing the width of the opening.  I know everyone's ears are different, but that's one thing that drives me nuts, and why I've installed AKG Q701 pads on my HE-500s.  Just wondering if I should place an order for the new pads, or wait until that inevitable day when I buy the HE-560s.

The new pads are thicker than the rev1 pads, and as thick as the prototype pads. So yeah, there's a good chance your ears would be clear from touching the drivers, if they aren't fanned.

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #4,131 of 21,175

I had no issues with the original pads...  Also note that the new pads are angled, which does create a larger opening as well (conical shape would be a result of this) :wink:  The original pads had no issues with regard to size for me...  I feel that the majority of the statements were speculations without any real merit...  The majority of people who complained about the pads didn't have them in hand. 

Jun 30, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #4,133 of 21,175
Wow, I am loving the way these phones sound! Very open and yet not thin, as some open airy phones can sound. Solid and yet very, very fast and transparent. 

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #4,134 of 21,175
Here I am wondering if I ever get a 400i if I'll try and find someone willing to sell the old pads, well, because people are idiots.

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #4,135 of 21,175
jerg, have you tried regrilling the rev. 2s?

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #4,136 of 21,175
Been listening to this phone for almost 5 hours using the vali. Zero fatigue or tiring feeling since the sound is so smooth and relax and the weight is so light.
Cant wait to get the lyr 2 for more enjoyment.

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #4,140 of 21,175
Hi,
Just want to let everyone know that HifiMan will be exhibiting at the upcoming Capital Audio Fest in DC. The show will take place between July 25th through July 27th at Sheraton Hotel in Silver Spring, MD. Please come visit us and try all of our amazing products including the smoking hot HE-560.

For more information about the show, please visit http://www.capitalaudiofest.com.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back