= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jun 1, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #3,241 of 21,171
 T.H.E. Show was the first time I've got to listen to $1k+ amps and I can say that I went home and looked at what I could sell in order to possibly place an order for the GS-X MKII. I got to listen to the HD800 and the 560 out of it and it was my favorite, hands down.

I agree. Also tried GS-X with our HE-560 and the result is totally awesome. The good thing about 560 is that it can scale up very well.

The show has finally ended. The turnout was much better than we anticipated. The feedback we have received about HE-560 is very positive which I guess made Fang a lot happier than he was before the show started. Hehe...
Just want to thank everyone that took the time to stop by our booth. It was such a pleasure to talk to you guys. Your feedback and support is our most valuable asset. Now hopefully we can get a pair of 560 to your hands very soon.
Time to get some sleep...

P.S. when I said "this stays between us, I really meant that." :)

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #3,242 of 21,171
I agree about that amp, until I herd the oppo ha-1
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously? It the HA-1 really that good? 
I've never heard or seen both amps though, so I only read some user impressions in this forum.

Anyway, back to the HE-560
I auditioned the cans last week at my local dealer, driven by Woo's WA6.
From my brief impression with the cans, they do have airier presentation and elevated mid.
The high is pronounced and grainy, in comparison to LCD-X.
I was more interested with the Oppo PM-1 hence I didn't really listen very hard to all the details and SQ of this cans.

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #3,243 of 21,171
 Some more subjective impressions: I heard the PM-1 out of the HA-1. 560 wins no question. I was so underwhelmed by the PM-1 and cannot understand why they are liked so much. But then again, I don't care for the Audeze house sound at all either. LCD2/3/XC/X... tried them all on every amp I could and couldn't care less for them
blink.gif
(A/B'ed with the 560 A LOT). But hey, we all like different things and I didn't get a lot of time to listen. And this is a 560 thread
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #3,244 of 21,171
   ..... But hey, we all like different things and I didn't get a lot of time to listen. And this is a 560 thread
wink.gif

I agree with your above sentence wholeheartedly 
smily_headphones1.gif

To me, if someone like the 560 SQ, he might find the PM-1 to be thick, dark and congested.
From my quick impression, to me the HE-560 is towards HD800 sq while the PM-1 is more like LCD2 sq.
As usual, YMMV though 
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #3,245 of 21,171
  ..... But hey, we all like different things and I didn't get a lot of time to listen. And this is a 560 thread
wink.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

To me, if someone like the 560 SQ, he might find the PM-1 to be thick, dark and congested.
From my quick impression, to me the HE-560 is towards HD800 sq while the PM-1 is more like LCD2 sq.
As usual, YMMV though 
biggrin.gif

LCD2 i heard sounded better than PM-1 on the same amp more livery

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #3,246 of 21,171

smily_headphones1.gif

As usual, YMMV though 
biggrin.gif

Exactly this ^ I just looked at it as me honing in more on the sonic signature I'm after. The PM-1 didn't sound bad at all, it just wasn't what I was looking for (ie Audeze). The HA-1 was gorgeous though. I'd love to hear some more cans through it.

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #3,247 of 21,171

I have ordered an HE-560 too and will be comparing it directly with my LCD-X using Allnic headphone amp. Several seasoned listeners have said that the best amp they've heard with the HE-500 was the Allnic (better than the GS-X mk2 according to them), and Allnic's president/CEO Mr. Park said that the HE-500 is his personal recommendation for his headphone amp, so I expect there will also be great synergy between Allnic and the upcoming HE-560.

If the HE-560 sounds just as enjoyable as the LCD-X, if not better, on the Allnic, I'll probably sell the LCD-X and keep the HE-560. The LCD-X already sounds exceptional to my ears so it's a tough competition for the HE-560.

This is always a funny statement..

The poster wasn't saying that the Allnic is overall a better amp than the GS-X mk2, but that the HE-500 headphone in particular sounded better on the Allnic than on the GS-X mk2 (in fact the best amp for the HE-500 she has heard).
http://www.head-fi.org/t/639491/any-opinions-reviews-on-the-allnic-hpa5000#post_9578408

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if the Allnic is indeed a better amp than the GS-X mk2, considering the large difference in price between the two amps.

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #3,248 of 21,171

The poster wasn't saying that the Allnic is overall a better amp than the GS-X mk2, but that the HE-500 headphone in particular sounded better on the Allnic than on the GS-X mk2 (in fact the best amp for the HE-500 she has heard).
http://www.head-fi.org/t/639491/any-opinions-reviews-on-the-allnic-hpa5000#post_9578408

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if the Allnic is indeed a better amp than the GS-X mk2, considering the large difference in price between the two amps.

Price is not an absolute measurement of SQ or the deterministic factor.

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #3,249 of 21,171
Well, I am hoping that shipping in the first two weeks of June is still a thing.
Also hope the darker finish gets the nod.

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #3,250 of 21,171
Someone has already mentioned that Fang said at the Newport show, he was hoping for the third week in June. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual date ended up being early July. New cups, new damping materials and new cable are fairly significant changes. 

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #3,251 of 21,171
  Someone has already mentioned that Fang said at the Newport show, he was hoping for the third week in June. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual date ended up being early July. New cups, new damping materials and new cable are fairly significant changes. 

New cable? I didn't notice that being mentioned. Is the cable different then what was sent out with the first batch of pre-orders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back