= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jun 1, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #3,229 of 21,174
I have ordered an HE-560 too and will be comparing it directly with my LCD-X using Allnic headphone amp. Several seasoned listeners have said that the best amp they've heard with the HE-500 was the Allnic (better than the GS-X mk2 according to them), and Allnic's president/CEO Mr. Park said that the HE-500 is his personal recommendation for his headphone amp, so I expect there will also be great synergy between Allnic and the upcoming HE-560.

If the HE-560 sounds just as enjoyable as the LCD-X, if not better, on the Allnic, I'll probably sell the LCD-X and keep the HE-560. The LCD-X already sounds exceptional to my ears so it's a tough competition for the HE-560.

Jun 1, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #3,230 of 21,174
I haven't ordered yet- I'm between jobs and need to be wise with my money.

But when I get the 560, it will be going up against the Alpha Dog, hopefully as a complimentary open can to go with them.  The 5LE could not keep up in terms of resolution, detail, and accuracy.  I'm looking forward to hearing if the 560 is an improvement.

Jun 1, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #3,231 of 21,174
  I have ordered an HE-560 too and will be comparing it directly with my LCD-X using Allnic headphone amp. Several seasoned listeners have said that the best amp they've heard with the HE-500 was the Allnic (better than the GS-X mk2 according to them), and Allnic's president/CEO Mr. Park said that the HE-500 is his personal recommendation for his headphone amp, so I expect there will also be great synergy between Allnic and the upcoming HE-560.

If the HE-560 sounds just as enjoyable as the LCD-X, if not better, on the Allnic, I'll probably sell the LCD-X and keep the HE-560. The LCD-X already sounds exceptional to my ears so it's a tough competition for the HE-560.

This is always a funny statement..

Jun 1, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #3,232 of 21,174
I haven't ordered yet- I'm between jobs and need to be wise with my money.

But when I get the 560, it will be going up against the Alpha Dog, hopefully as a complimentary open can to go with them.  The 5LE could not keep up in terms of resolution, detail, and accuracy.  I'm looking forward to hearing if the 560 is an improvement.
While I don't agree about the AD being more resolving than the 5LE, the 560 are certainly better than them in that department (or in any department for that matters. The 5LE still have an awesome tonality like no other but that's IMO and certainly a subjective trait).

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #3,233 of 21,174
That is not good news...........:frowning2: ,  I assume that will make future repairs if needed rather hard to aquire.  Might be time to look at a spare set of the 500 in case.

has anyone heard what the price point of the 400i will be ??

No worry. We standby our products (present or old) 100%.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jun 1, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #3,237 of 21,174

T.H.E. Show was the first time I've got to listen to $1k+ amps and I can say that I went home and looked at what I could sell in order to possibly place an order for the GS-X MKII. I got to listen to the HD800 and the 560 out of it and it was my favorite, hands down.

The GS-X mk2 is a great amp.  just sayin'  
wink_face.gif

Jun 1, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #3,238 of 21,174

T.H.E. Show was the first time I've got to listen to $1k+ amps and I can say that I went home and looked at what I could sell in order to possibly place an order for the GS-X MKII. I got to listen to the HD800 and the 560 out of it and it was my favorite, hands down.

I heard this amp at the Atlanta mini meet. It is simply wonderful. 

Jun 1, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #3,239 of 21,174
  That is not good news...........
frown.gif
,  I assume that will make future repairs if needed rather hard to aquire.  Might be time to look at a spare set of the 500 in case.

has anyone heard what the price point of the 400i will be ??

400i will cost 500 dollars at launch I believe. 

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #3,240 of 21,174

I agree about that amp, until I herd the oppo ha-1
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back