= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #3,046 of 21,175
  Well Hifiman is trying to push ahead into an entirely new line (and new generation) of planar magnetics, so it makes sense to phase out the older stuff accordingly I think.

They will most likely still have the resources and machinery for making older stuff on demand, just not routinely; it'd be stupid to just throw away older dies and machines, that's like burning down your old house because you bought a new one.

I understand progress or die, no issue with that.  I have no idea how they go about manufacturing the headphones............If they have machines, dyes, etc... or if they outsource the work. In my 49 years I have seen many companies stop offering support of a discontinued product

Good to know HiFiMan wont 

May 28, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #3,048 of 21,175
  Well Hifiman is trying to push ahead into an entirely new line (and new generation) of planar magnetics, so it makes sense to phase out the older stuff accordingly I think.

They will most likely still have the resources and machinery for making older stuff on demand, just not routinely; it'd be stupid to just throw away older dies and machines, that's like burning down your old house because you bought a new one.

yup

May 28, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #3,053 of 21,175
Because Australia.

May 29, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #3,054 of 21,175
I don't want to be a party pooper, but can we keep in point with the thread title; impressions and discussion.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to be mildly annoyed with reading constant ramblings page after page.

Here's hoping the final Revs start rolling in 
smily_headphones1.gif

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 29, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #3,055 of 21,175

The current version of the 560 can get a little pokey, too.  Nowhere near the T1 heights, but occasionally.

LOL - You should try the 150 dollar DT-250-250 ohm, cheaper and better than the 80ohm version.  And they are both better than the T1.

T1 is great on weight but I find them very uncomfortable, for some reason they put pressure on bones under my ears.  The 560 setup is much more comfortable, although the ear pads get kind of itchy after an hour or so.

What amp and source did you use with T1? I think T1 need certain kind of amplification and good recordings to shine. There's more of this in T1-threads, of course. I expect HE-560 to give same amount of information but to be perhaps a litlle less picky. And perhaps T1 is at its best with acoustic music, classical, jazz, folk etc. I listen R&B (neo soul etc.) with T1 as well, but found f.ex. HE-500 (now sold) to be maybe little better at this. I dream HE-560 to shine on both kind of music.

May 29, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #3,058 of 21,175
Because R&D and it's still an amazing headphone?
I am personally paying for the sound, not the looks.
Got a Compass9018 on the way.

May 29, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #3,059 of 21,175
I wonder if they could have offered those Teak cups as an option, at least until they ran out. What else are they going to use them for? Woodied he400i? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back