= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 25, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #2,941 of 21,171
  I disagree.

If the headband is the same as the HE560/400is, which seems to be the case, then those Jade II cups are HUGE. As wide as the ortho cups, but much longer.

Don't forget this is a very early prototype they only showed behind closed curtains.

Yeah, lets hope so. Hate it when my ears touch anything, happens with the fazor.

I would say they will have different strips of veneer to choose from on these and on the HE-560 later on, seems it would be quite simple to do.

May 25, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #2,942 of 21,171
Well i am looking forward he560
L3000.gif

May 25, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #2,943 of 21,171
Here is a little information on the macassar ebony veneer used in the new version, from wood-database.com:

Pricing/Availability: Likely to be extremely expensive, along with most other Ebony members in the Diospyros genus. The tree grows slowly, has a very limited natural habitat, and is highly desired for the wood’s aesthetic appeal and toughness. Macassar Ebony is not listed as an endangered species, but is still considered to be at-risk.

Sustainability: This wood species is not listed in the CITES Appendices, but is on the IUCN Red List. It is listed as vulnerable due to a population reduction of over 20% in the past three generations, caused by a decline in its natural range, and exploitation.

Common Uses: Veneer, high-end cabinetry, billiard cues, musical instruments, and other small specialty items.

Comments: So named for the Indonesian port-city of Makassar, which is one of the primary points of exportation. There’s not much mechanical data available on Macassar Ebony, but judging from its weight, and the properties of other species such as Diospyros crassiflora, this wood is likely to be exceptionally hard, heavy, and strong.

May 25, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #2,944 of 21,171
Please, PLEASE (!), confirm or disconfirm whether the Jade2 will work with Stax amps, or perhaps which bias you guys use, adapters available, anything?!??

I know it's probably too much to ask, but I highly doubt amp+phones will be within price range.

May 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #2,945 of 21,171
^ I somehow think it will be more reasonably priced than you think...
HFM isn't usually the one to break the bank.
( I am hoping it'd be something like 1499$ for the headphone and $1499 for the amp... I really do :))

May 25, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #2,946 of 21,171
^ I somehow think it will be more reasonably priced than you think...
HFM isn't usually the one to break the bank.
( I am hoping it'd be something like 1499$ for the headphone and $1499 for the amp... I really do :))

3k is more than I can spend as I am a poor student, though if compatible with Stax amp, no problem. I'd also hate to have one amp for the dynamics, 1 for Stax and 1 for Hifiman. In other words, it is very unlikely that I'll buy if I can't use it with my amp, modding would be the last resort then, be it amp and/or adapter. At least I have both 230 and 580 volt bias available.

May 25, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #2,947 of 21,171
Based on the reviews of the pre-order model, mostly jerg, I was willing to give the 560 a shot but now I've pulled my pre-order. IMO this is not the way to do business or bring a hp to market. To make this many changes far past the launch date is certainly questionable IMO. Now the 560 is much more "green" and is subject to more problems and revision than the older pre-order 560. 

I understand that hifiman is still a relatively new company, but they would likely benefit from reviewing the development and launch of the Oppo pm-1. The design process, testing, execution and release is something to learn from IMO. 
yeah right, their unbearable silence for months was certainly a better way to promote the headphone...
People who are pulling off are not doing themselves a favor :wink:

May 25, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #2,948 of 21,171
How is it a mistake or a problem that Hifiman is open and responsive to feedback, flexible and adaptive in design and production all in an effort to give birth to the best outcome they can achieve? So it's a little awkward or clumsy. A little delayed. They are treating us in the most respectful manner. Like we have an authentic relationship. Relationships can be messy but good ones are worth it when both parties feel mutual respect. The more "corporate" approach would be clean and efficient. And likely balanced more toward the profit motive exclusively and less toward real customer satisfaction. I thank Hifiman for using the "human touch."

May 25, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #2,951 of 21,171
Seems not enough can be done, for some. Getting people's feedback and truly trying to please these desires seems better than issuing a product, a person buys it, and then changes are made and you get to buy another one and sell what you have. Get it as near right with a little delay, as possible and in the long run, everyone will benefit. Can't see anything wrong with that and wish many more companies would pursue this. A delay of a few months for something many will keep for a few years or more, is a tiny price to pay and it isn't really any price to pay, it a payment to the purchaser in a better investment in enjoyment in this hobby. 

May 25, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #2,955 of 21,171
  Seems not enough can be done, for some. Getting people's feedback and truly trying to please these desires seems better than issuing a product, a person buys it, and then changes are made and you get to buy another one and sell what you have. 

Just head over to the thread about the new A&K DAPs for a taste of how people feel about this, the short answer is they aren't too happy about it. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/718321/brand-spanking-new-a-k-ak120ii-and-ak100ii  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back