= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 25, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #2,971 of 21,175
In comparison, just look at how many pre-production versions of the oppo pm1 there have been...
Oh wait. . You haven't herd of any?
That's because they didn't choose to disclose ANY INFORMATION, AND suddenly, after deep silence, Thier PM-1 came out!
I guess some of you guys rather have it that way..

I don't know if it was a choice so much as an NDA.

May 25, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #2,972 of 21,175

He said it is because he doesn't like how it sounds and he doesn't like writing negative reviews so he won't be reviewing it.

Again, he stated something negative about it...  He's limited in the amount of reviews he can write a month, he generally wants to tell people what headphone to buy rather than one not to buy.  Give attention to something that's doing well rather than something that didn't do as well.  Again, this doesn't help your case that reviewers can't say something negative about a headphone they get as a sample.  You specifically stated a case when something negative was said about a headphone, and I'm sure Tyll will still be getting the 560 in hand despite that. 

I'll agree that not all companies take this sort of approach to negative response... They generally aren't the better companies out there.  I know of one company that has ignored my emails because of a negative review (won't state its name, but it's not something popular on Head-Fi anyways), and I do deal with quite a number of companies, reps, etc.  It's a low percentage surprisingly (1-2%). 

May 25, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #2,974 of 21,175
The last ten or so pages have been nothing but ups and downs of sheer ridiculousness, Lunacy, BS talk and gossip in the negative sense.
Duh..

<snip>

All I can say is go rain on someone else's parade instead of speculation hating
tongue.gif

+1, there have been a lot of low blows to HiFiMAN before the headphones even release.  Honestly though, would you (not you, Maxx, specifically) rather the final model have the aformentioned issues?  I've no issues with the way Oppo did their beta testing, closed doors isn't bad either (neither is bad really), though Head-Fiers do like to see how things are progressing. 

I honestly do feel that everyone is getting a little impatient and just want their headphones already rather than seeing it getting revised before its released multiple times...  It's been a total of 2 revisions since the original... 

May 26, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #2,975 of 21,175

Again, he stated something negative about it...  He's limited in the amount of reviews he can write a month, he generally wants to tell people what headphone to buy rather than one not to buy.  Give attention to something that's doing well rather than something that didn't do as well.  Again, this doesn't help your case that reviewers can't say something negative about a headphone they get as a sample.  You specifically stated a case when something negative was said about a headphone, and I'm sure Tyll will still be getting the 560 in hand despite that. 

I'll agree that not all companies take this sort of approach to negative response... They generally aren't the better companies out there.  I know of one company that has ignored my emails because of a negative review (won't state its name, but it's not something popular on Head-Fi anyways), and I do deal with quite a number of companies, reps, etc.  It's a low percentage surprisingly (1-2%). 

I don't care about all this..  but let me say this.. if they send me a free Jade 2 and an amp for me to test.. I'll tell them exactly how good it is.. the best ever!

I just want a headphone that works, the first time, so I don't have to send it back. So I rather they test it first. Am I asking too much?
Some people that had it pre-ordered already got it and now have to send it back.

May 26, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #2,976 of 21,175

I don't care about all this..  but let me say this.. if they send me a free Jade 2 and an amp for me to test.. I'll tell them exactly how good it is.. the best ever!

I just want a headphone that works, the first time, so I don't have to send it back. So I rather they test it first. Am I asking too much?
Some people that had it pre-ordered already got it and now have to send it back.

You don't care about this?  Really?  You're the one that brought it up... Honestly, I think you're picking at straws at this point, finding something (whatever it is) to complain about... 

Some people did...  A few did actually.  The rest were, more or less, samples.  I'm not sure how many got out to paying customers.  They did get to listen to it beforehand...  In many ways, that could easily be a perk.  They do get to keep the first model until the second is sent to them.  They don't pay shipping either if I'm not mistaken. 

HiFiMAN had two choices here, I'm going to lay them out clearly:
  1. Do nothing: let the flaws stand and do nothing about it.  This is generally the route many companies will take.  It's less costly, but can backfire easily, look at the Logitech Ultimate Ears UE 900...  It's not recommended because of its build issues which were fatal.  Fortunately for HiFiMAN, these issues weren't fatal (won't cause the headphones to stop working). 
  2. Do something: fix the flaws, do a "recall" and fix/redesign to alleviate the issues.  This will cost them money the longer they hold out.

Now, of those two things, the second is a much better remedy, especially this early in the life cycle.  Everyone would rather the issues be dealt with rather than keep the inferior product.  Many issues do arise after the private testing has completed and the first batch (or part of it) goes out.  Whether it's a sound issue (Oppo, HiFiMAN) or a build issue (UE, HiFiMAN), there are many things private testing won't uncover.  It's not until lots of people have them.  Then you're given those two choices, do nothing or do something.  Logitech and Chevy decided to do nothing...  It backfired on both of them (UE ended up doing something a year after, but they won't be replacing old models unless there is a warranty issue).  Do something is costly in the present, but is worth it in the end.

May 26, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #2,977 of 21,175

You don't care about this?  Really?  You're the one that brought it up... Honestly, I think you're picking at straws at this point, finding something (whatever it is) to complain about... 

Some people did...  A few did actually.  The rest were, more or less, samples.  I'm not sure how many got out to paying customers.  They did get to listen to it beforehand...  In many ways, that could easily be a perk.  They do get to keep the first model until the second is sent to them.  They don't pay shipping either if I'm not mistaken. 

HiFiMAN had two choices here, I'm going to lay them out clearly:
  1. Do nothing: let the flaws stand and do nothing about it.  This is generally the route many companies will take.  It's less costly, but can backfire easily, look at the Logitech Ultimate Ears UE 900...  It's not recommended because of its build issues which were fatal.  Fortunately for HiFiMAN, these issues weren't fatal (won't cause the headphones to stop working). 
  2. Do something: fix the flaws, do a "recall" and fix/redesign to alleviate the issues.  This will cost them money the longer they hold out.

Now, of those two things, the second is a much better remedy, especially this early in the life cycle.  Everyone would rather the issues be dealt with rather than keep the inferior product.  Many issues do arise after the private testing has completed and the first batch (or part of it) goes out.  Whether it's a sound issue (Oppo, HiFiMAN) or a build issue (UE, HiFiMAN), there are many things private testing won't uncover.  It's not until lots of people have them.  Then you're given those two choices, do nothing or do something.  Logitech and Chevy decided to do nothing...  It backfired on both of them (UE ended up doing something a year after, but they won't be replacing old models unless there is a warranty issue).  Do something is costly in the present, but is worth it in the end.

I don't care about this either.. All I said is they should test the headphone again with all these recent changes, before its released to the public. Personally I think that needs more time than mid June.

May 26, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #2,978 of 21,175

I don't care about this either.. All I said is they should test the headphone again with all these recent changes, before its released to the public. Personally I think that needs more time than mid June.

You keep saying you don't care about things that you personally bring up... 

They are planning to attempt a launch mid-June.  If I'm mistaken, Jerg and the others will be getting a model first, probably for that purpose.  We'll see though. 

May 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #2,979 of 21,175

unless you're not reading what I'm reading they already finished testing it...
so your post is null and void unless you want to mislead.

*edit*
Sorry if that sounded harsh. .
I'm cranky!
:p

May 26, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #2,980 of 21,175
[q:pte name="mlxx" url="/t/711824/hifiman-he-560-impressions-discussion-thread/2960_20#post_10579145"]
unless you're not reading what I'm reading they already finished testing it...
so your post is null and void unless you want to mislead.

*edit*
Sorry if that sounded harsh. .
I'm cranky!
tongue.gif
[/quote]

I never said they didn't test it.. I said their internal testing didn't inspire me thus far, and that they should do some external testing again, like they did before, not rush it out the door after such major changes.

May 26, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #2,981 of 21,175
The last ten or so pages have been nothing but ups and downs of sheer ridiculousness, Lunacy, BS talk and gossip in the negative sense.
Duh..

Crap Talk about revisions, looks, cracking, etc.
All misleading and untrue gossip(!)
You guys gotta grow up instead crapping and leaving misleading statements in this thread.

It is simply foolish about any talk of cracking!
I don't know where that fantasy came from..

Then talk of plastic is also wrong(!). ALL headphones USE "plastic"..
You can call it plastic but you don't know what composite of "plastic" it is..
HiFiMan has made durable "plastic" in the past, so why wouldn't they know how to make quality plastic?..
DUH!

I owned over 5 different Audio Technica woodys,
AND they all HAVE some type of PLASTIC inside..
DUH!
Can you say "HD800"..
If its not made of metal(!), then guess what could it be made of?...

You cannot say "plastic" is somehow cheap,
because you are not the one making it..
JUST ALOT of ignorance talk .

Then the wood veneer...
How disrespectful it is to imply HiFiMan doesn't know what they're doing with the choice, and somehow being indecisive..
What they choose is what they choose.
Don't like it? TOO BAD!! :p

Then the total slander about revisions. .
How can there be revisions if the phone hasn't been mass produced or shipped yet??
I am on waiting list for pre-order and haven't had a pre order unit yet, so has it been produced?
Hello.. Anybody home??
That means there has been no revisions if is hasn't come out yet.. DUH!!

Just because it is publicly known what happening to the he560, BEFORE going into production,
doesn't mean we have ANY "SAY" to complain or judge what's actually going on...
That info is all just a courtesy to members here to stay informed.

In comparison, just look at how many pre-production versions of the oppo pm1 there have been...
Oh wait. . You haven't herd of any?
That's because they didn't choose to disclose ANY INFORMATION, AND suddenly, after deep silence, Thier PM-1 came out!
I guess some of you guys rather have it that way..

If HiFiMan says it is actually better than before,
then that makes it even closer to the he6 level,
So that means it will be better than anything in it's price.
So guess who gets the last laugh..HAHA!

All I can say is go rain on someone else's parade instead of speculation hating :p

the good thing about a rant is that you don't have to get your facts straight :wink:

May 26, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #2,982 of 21,175
I think the veneer 560 is similar enough to the woodie. 560 to not require external testing...
Still, it'd be nice if Jerg or anyone got one ahead of time (this week?) to tell us a bit about it :D

May 26, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #2,984 of 21,175
I'm even thinking of unsubscribing. Come on guys...
Do you really think Tyll or any other decent site would only write positive reviews?
And please stay on topic and stop speculating and talking crap before they close the thread, that would be a shame

May 26, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #2,985 of 21,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Meh. I'd rather have a non-final product to listen to and play with, and then send it back once an updated version is available, than wait months for the final product. For me, the journey is more fun and interesting than the destination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back