= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 25, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #2,911 of 21,175
  Well then it seems like it's a non-issue then! I was just curious cause nobody mentioned it recently, not even Hifiman.

Maybe they are too shy to say "the new cups now do no scratch against the yokes" lol. At any rate this is one of the most consistent complaints and they did acknowledge it, though it was not the main reason for the complete cup redesign AFAIK, apparently they just got sick and tired of the lack of consistency trying to work solid wood.

May 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #2,912 of 21,175

The new look is inspired by our upcoming electrostatic headphone. :wink:

Is the HE-6 successor or the upcoming electrostatic headphone coming out anytime soon?
I was thinking it won't be before the end of the year or early next year 
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #2,914 of 21,175
Is the HE-6 successor or the upcoming electrostatic headphone coming out anytime soon?
I was thinking it won't be before the end of the year or early next year :D

We are doing our best to get the new electrostatic out this year. Too early to tell. Actually the headphone is on the right track. What's falling a bit behind is the matching amp. I am telling you It is going to be SICK!!! All right, already said more than I should. Let's get back to HE560. Have been burning it in for two days. It is getting even better. I am happy, and more importantly Fang can finally sleep now. LOL...

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 25, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #2,915 of 21,175
We are doing our best to get the new electrostatic out this year. Too early to tell. Actually the headphone is on the right track. What's falling a bit behind is the matching amp. I am telling you It is going to be SICK!!! All right, already said more than I should. Let's get back to HE560. Have been burning it in for two days. It is getting even better. I am happy, and more importantly Fang can finally sleep now. LOL...

Thanks then :]
In that case it'll be the 560 this year and the electrostatic headphone next year, hopefully. Really happy HFM is making a matching amp with it [hopefully affordable
biggrin.gif
]! Great news!
Looking forward to the 560 to finally ship! Any ETA on that, please? 
beerchug.gif
popcorn.gif

May 25, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #2,917 of 21,175
Thanks then :]
In that case it'll be the 560 this year and the electrostatic headphone next year, hopefully. Really happy HFM is making a matching amp with it [hopefully affordable :D ]! Great news!
Looking forward to the 560 to finally ship! Any ETA on that, please? :beerchug: :popcorn:

Hmmm....I do have a time frame, but last time when we did ship out the 560 on time, the HK custom decided to play game with for no reason. Anyway, if everything goes well, we are talking about first two weeks of June.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 25, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #2,918 of 21,175
So since the new images came out, nobody said anything about the whole "yokes scraping the wood" issue. It doesn't seem like hifiman revised the yokes so I assume the issue will remain?

Btw, I'm loving the new design.

It has been taken care of by the new design. :)

May 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #2,920 of 21,175
Hmmm....I do have a time frame, but last time when we did ship out the 560 on time, the HK custom decided to play game with for no reason. Anyway, if everything goes well, we are talking about first two weeks of June.

That's potentially less than a week or two away!

I assume that includes shipping "the first batch" to US dealers as well? I've ordered them as part of the first batch at Stereodesk, based in US [and so did many others]
I am so happy for you guys [and as someone who pre-ordered the 560 back in February, for me as well
beerchug.gif
]

You have no idea how much I am looking forward to finally hearing it 
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #2,922 of 21,175
All right. I am going to say this again. We know that the new look will upset some people, and I can totally understand that. I just wish you will not write off HE-560 just yet. Take a look and give a good listen. We are confident that it will change your mind. After all we are the same company that made HE-500 and HE-6 which are two of the best headphones in the world regardless of price.

Btw, there is a good reason why some other new hi-end headphones priced much higher than HE-560 (sometimes 3 or 4 times more.) Wondering what most of your money goes into? Our goal is always giving headfiers the best value with the best sound possible. I don't think anyone can disagree with that. Cheers!

May 25, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #2,923 of 21,175
  That's potentially less than a week or two away!

I assume that includes shipping "the first batch" to US dealers as well? I've ordered them as part of the first batch at Stereodesk, based in US [and so did many others]
I am so happy for you guys [and as someone who pre-ordered the 560 back in February, for me as well
beerchug.gif
]

You have no idea how much I am looking forward to finally hearing it 
biggrin.gif

hmm...maybe one more week or so. :p

Trust me once we start shipping, i can finally get some sleep. i do need my sleep desperately. 

May 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #2,924 of 21,175

hmm...maybe one more week or so. :p

Trust me once we start shipping, i can finally get some sleep. i do need my sleep desperately. 

I am sure you do... It wasn't easy for you guys I absolutely understand that.
But I think as a company that you should definitely be praised for taking feedback, keeping in touch with us and providing one of the best price/performance headphones out there.

May 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #2,925 of 21,175

Awesome news. You realize there is no such thing as too much information for some Head-fi'ers, right? :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back