= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 3, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #1,801 of 21,171
I got my sumptuous HE-560's in last night ...

... listening at low volume levels was nothing short of brilliant.  The level of detail that you are able to get from them with minimal volume is hard to imagine.  It literally loses no texture with the volume knob being turned down to almost a whisper. ...

My ears are picky when it comes to details..
Your statement is a key point I cannot say about my PM1. .
I could say very well, but could never say brilliant. .
Hmmm (!)
:popcorn:

May 3, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #1,802 of 21,171
Oh, and for comfort, I have been reading a book and typing on this forum for two hours now and i haven't moved them an inch, practically have "disappeared".  Ya, they are that comfortable.

May 3, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #1,803 of 21,171
My ears are picky when it comes to details..
Your statement is a key point I cannot say about my PM1. .
I could say very well, but could never say brilliant. .
Hmmm (!)
popcorn.gif

If it helps, I am new to this game so i don't know how perfectly valid my statements are.  With that being said though, i can sit here and turn the knob to almost no volume and it is still easy for me to pick up the slightest detail in a song that i am familiar with.  It just doesn't seem to go away to me, it's amazing for me

May 3, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #1,804 of 21,171
If it helps, I am new to this game so i don't know how perfectly valid my statements are.  With that being said though, i can sit here and turn the knob to almost no volume and it is still easy for me to pick up the slightest detail in a song that i am familiar with.  It just doesn't seem to go away to me, it's amazing for me

Although you may not have any experience with other gear.
Your observation remains valid.

It is a key trait to look for in evaluating on any gear..
Lower volume needed for listening satisfaction,
is always a sign of superiority in the item.

May 3, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #1,806 of 21,171
Although you may not have any experience with other gear.
Your observation remains valid.

It is a key trait to look for in evaluating on any gear..
Lower volume needed for listening satisfaction,
is always a sign of superiority in the item.

It's limited experience at best.  But, with anything else, it seemed to be, to get the details out of music i had to get the volume to a decent level volume to extract some of those subtle violin strings or piano strokes. With the HE-560's, i can get those at seemingly any level, and that is wonderful because i don't like to read or post on forms with music blasting in my ears:).  But thank you for the compliment, it is much appreciated.

May 3, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #1,807 of 21,171
  It's limited experience at best.  But, with anything else, it seemed to be, to get the details out of music i had to get the volume to a decent level volume to extract some of those subtle violin strings or piano strokes. With the HE-560's, i can get those at seemingly any level, and that is wonderful because i don't like to read or post on forms with music blasting in my ears:).  But thank you for the compliment, it is much appreciated.

If you go above 75-85 dB, you stop listening to music and get stimulated by the physical wave energy produced...  You can get details out of low-volume listening, as long as you're surroundings are quiet enough and your headphones isolate well enough (if the surroundings aren't quiet). 

May 3, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #1,812 of 21,171
Hey, sorry if there's already a bit about this, but is there anywhere I can find some comparisons between this can and an Audeze LCD-2?  The new HE-560 seems to be in the same price range, but I'm wondering what some of the flavor differences would be... (Again I'm sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, I've been trying to poke around head-fi)

May 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #1,814 of 21,171
May 3, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #1,815 of 21,171
I'll write a fairly in-depth piece on my impressions of primarily HE560 vs HD800, but also touch upon LCD3 and Code-X. It will be all my opinion and preference, keep that in mind when you guys read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back